Rate Dr. Stephen Blackie

Dr. Stephen Blackie's Ratings

A great specialist, I like that he does tests, breathing test, CT scan, before he sees you and then can tell you and answer your questions, not wasting time.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2012 | flag

he's very nice, but needs new staffing for sure...there is a fat girl there that doesn't know anything...and they need some people that speak other languages as well

Submitted April 30, 2012 | flag

He has been very helpful while I have been under his care. If he doesn't know something, he will tell you, and refer you to someone that does.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2012 | flag

Dr. Blackie treated my mother and we both thought he was very good. My mother's former respirologist told her when she was in the ER at SMH , without any prior discussion, that he would not resuscitate or ventilate if she needed it and that she had no choice in the matter. It was shocking, to say the least. That's when we changed respirologists and went to Dr. Blackie. Dr. Blackie was kind and compassionate and knowledgable. He talked through the very difficult decision about DNR with my mother and helped her come to a decision and understand the consequences. I would recommend Dr. Blackie.

Submitted April 5, 2011 | flag

I was not Dr. Blackie's patient. I ended up in ER on a weekend and he showed up, as they needed a specialist. Was one of the rare doctors to go truly in depth into my case, and showed great concern. Was very knowledgeable and precautions. Straight-forward and to the point.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2010 | flag

I was referred because of respiratory problems which he was not interested in doing in depth study. He almost screwed up my claim for disability with my insurance company, luckily I had an arbitration hearing and presented my test and consult reports from numerous other doctors and was awarded a disability claim.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2010 | flag