Rate Dr. Amanda G. Michael

Dr. Amanda G. Michael's Ratings

Let me start off by saying that I am very unhappy with this Dr. First off I am in no way a drug seeker. So to begin I make an appointment. Next I come on and fill out all the paperwork and the receptionist at the front ask if I have insurancs. I tell her no. I had just moved here and do not currently have insurance because I have not started working anywhere around here yet. So she says ok it's 75 dollars and the dr will see you. Next I get taken back and after 20 or 30 mins Dr a Michael comes back. So what is wrong. She says. I tell her I am having extreme panic attacks and that I have been dealing with that stuff forever. You only know how terrifying a panic attack is if you have ever had a bad one. Anyways I tell her. I have been having bad panic attacks literally all day everyday for the past 4 days. I literally felt like my world was coming to an end. She says well I can't give you what your dr prescribed you before and I told her I'm not asking for that. I'm asking you to just take a look over me and make sure im....she stops me and says you don't have insurance. There is nothing I can do. I'm sorry. So I was running low on my anti depressants and said. Can you at least give me a refill to those. They are mood altering or anything. If I don't take them I feel really bad. She says no I can't help you no insurance. Not even a sorry. Just I can't help you because you have no insurance. Wouldn't even reassure md I wasn't dying there on the spot like a normal kind person would do so I wouldn't panic so bad. Just a no can't help you. Don't have insurance. Meanwhile I told her I would pay fully what insurance would pay. She still wouldn't. So my only option was to go to the er because she wouldn't even tell me all your vitals look normal. That's all it took was hearing it from a dr that and upset stomach medicine. I felt she was very rude in the way she talked to me. Will never recommend or tell anyone good things if they ask. I will point them elsewhere

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

The best. Have visited at least 25 different doctors/medical professionals in the last 10 years. Don't think much of most of them and down right despise some, so me thinking well of Dr. Michael came as a surprise. I am thoroughly impressed with her as a doctor and a person and feel blessed that she's taking care of my family's healthcare. Finally , a doctor that cares. Thank you Dr. Amanda!!!

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

Dr. Michael has been wonderfully helpful every time I've seen her. I prefer to use natural remedies to any issues I experience and she works with me very kindly and understanding so that I may do so. I have entered her office with a long list of questions and she never fails to answer them all without making me feel rushed. When she is with a patient they are her top priority. I highly recommend her to everyone in the area.

Submitted April 3, 2014 | flag

Dr.AMANDA MICHAEL is very professional,caring,and Very Atttentive.I recommend to everyone.She is very good about getting to the bottom of the problem.Definitely a 5.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2014 | flag

My family goes to her & she is wonderful!! Never a long wait! Husband has had issues for years & has seen several specialist, but D. Michael took the time to really talk to him & has put him on a medication that is working after all this time!! She has been wonderful with my children as well! Recomended to many of my friends

Submitted Sept. 16, 2013 | flag

I highly recommend Dr Michael. She is very knowledgeable, talks right to you looking you in the eye and explains your health problems thoroughly. Always gives you the best care .

Submitted July 13, 2013 | flag

The Dr was very very nice and know what she was talking about. There was no unanswered question

Submitted May 8, 2013 | flag

Very professional & knowledgable.Highly recommend this MD.She gave me more info. than specialists I had been to.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2013 | flag

This doctor is AMAZING! She is so kind and helpful and seems genuinely concerned about the patient as a person. I would recommend her to anyone!

Submitted Jan. 24, 2013 | flag

Best doctor ive taken my kids to since i moved to wv 6 years ago!!! Very helpful and willing to get testing and other services for you immediately

Submitted Nov. 14, 2012 | flag