Rate Dr. Amy C. Kakimoto

Dr. Amy C. Kakimoto's Ratings

Yelp for a Dr. Review, I know maybe not the best medium but I found Dr. Kakimoto on Yelp so maybe you will too.

Like all Doctors Dr. Kakimoto overworked and in my 5+ visits with her she can be rushed like any other doctor if her schedule is crazy. So be realistic on what can expect from a Primary Care Dr. who's is limited.

With that said I LOVE Dr. Kakimoto. She really cares, I mean she really, really cares. I was diagnosed with a very rare auto immune called Behcets. It's a horrible condition but with some help from Dr. Kakimoto and others , I'm doing better. Behcets is a very frustrating condition because there is no test and one will have many, many visits to the Doctors before it's figured out. As soon as I had my out break of mouth ulcers , Dr. Kakimoto had the had the good intuition to have that possible diagnosis explored. Sadly her notion was correct , but it could have taken 3X as long to get a diagnosis if it were not for her inquiry.

She has been so supportive and helpful during this challenging time in my life. She does everything in her power to help patients like me. God bless Dr. Kakimoto

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Dr Kakimoto is the nicest physician that I have ever known. She tries to know the cause of the illness, not only physically, but psychologically too. She is so understanding, talks to you softly, finds ways to get your confidence. I highly recommend her to all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2239251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

It is very difficult to make this rating polite for a doctor that is just rude. I have gained weight recently and now working at getting it taken off. I had an injury which I informed her and coming back. I love doing triathlons and had to take a year off due to said injury. She treated me as though I have been morbidly obese for my entire life without finding out who I am and what I'm interested in. As a doctor in sports medicine she was more into diet and no interest in keeping exercise motivation. Her attitude leaves people feeling hopeless after she starts to speak to you. Her staff was no better. Her assistant tried to put words in my mouth with her questions about issues I was having and why I was having these issues. She then came in tried to tell me how wrong my diagnosis is. I didn't know it was the patient that should being giving themselves a proper diagnosis. Her attitude was so evil I gave up talking to her about any other concerns I had just to get out of that office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][104957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Kakimoto. She is the best. She is incredibly knowledgeable, never condescending, always has a sunny disposition, and is very sympathetic and gentle in addressing sensitive topics. If she ever left North Coast Family Medical Group I would immediately switch my insurance so that she could remain as my primary care physician. She's that good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][104956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

Dr. Kakimoto is by far the nicest doctor I have ever seen. She is not condescending and seems genuinely concerned for her patients' well being. I highly recommend her to anyone who has had uncomfortable experiences dealing with people in the medical profession. She is awesome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][104955].votes_count ]]