Rate Dr. Eugene J Chan

Dr. Eugene J Chan's Ratings

Had a good experience...sure the office is old, but I was there for me and not his decorator. The receptionist was lovely and Dr. Chan very efficiently dx'd and Rx'd and I was on my way. I was in and out in 10 minutes and am happy with the results. The Dr. seemed happy and relaxed, I would not hesitate to go back.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

This Dr office is DISGUSTING to say the least! Reception put us in a small smelly room with DIRTY USED TOOLS in the sink with water dripping all over counter and iodine on cotton swabs left from last patient! The other medical supplies in this room were dusty and old and not clean! Dr did not wash his hands made me get undressed with out leaving the room and then was super rude and told me I knew nothing about how to check a mole! SERIOUSLY this guy needs to pack it in he is old and his practice is NASTY!!! never going back!

Submitted July 9, 2014 | flag

I am very impressed with Dr. Chan. I had an itchy rash which was getting very bad, in my scalp and on my neck. I was using ointment recommended by my family dr. but it did very little to clear up the rash. He was very informative and pleasant. The Clobex spray and Protopic he prescribed for me had my rash cleared up in a week. I am very thankful to him for getting my skin back to normal after 3 years of suffering.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr.Chan has taken care of my skin issues since the mid 1990's. Both he and his staff are friendly,professional and caring. Dr.Chan removed a skin cancer from my left cheek and has kept my skin in good health ever since. I would strongly recommend him to anyone that is looking for a great and experienced skin Doctor. Oh he is very personable to deal with as well.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2013 | flag

I only waited 5 minutes before he saw me. But he was very quick and spent 2 minutes telling me what my condition was without inspecting it. He wrote a prescription and told me to take it for at least 6 weeks before I would see a result and referred me to another dermatologist in the building for a treatment that he does not have in his office. He gets right to the point, but did not let me ask any questions or anything. Will have to see if his prescription works.

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

So when I went to have that suspicious mole (appeared a few years ago, changes shape, colour, size and hurts when touched) removed from my big toe on Tuesday by Dr. Chan (who I saw earlier in the month, at first said it was a freckle, I explained my concerns and he finally agreed to remove said mole and biopsy it). He came in and asked about the mole on my nose (?!?), then said it was nothing and he was going to scrape it off. He then proceeds to get a razor blade (scalpel blade) and starts shaving it off (with no numbing agent at all) into a cotton ball then tosses said cotton ball with the mole into the garbage bin. Well, there goes my biopsy of said suspicious mole.....it would have been nice to know if it was malignant or benign :/ AND the area is all black even though I have been cleaning the heck out of it and peroxiding it, and looks and feels like I did it myself. Oh ya, it FRIGGIN' hurts!!!

Submitted March 29, 2013 | flag

Not a nice person AT ALL,I ended up in tears leaving his office b/c he was so rude & uncaring.I am a woman and for about 20 yrs I have had an embarressing condition that causes facial hair. About 10 yrs ago I finally had enough and with all my courage began electrolysis and as a result I am now left with pitted scars, holes and "wrinkling" (type of scar from electrolysis) all over my face. He took one quick glance with his dirty microscope and told me there was "nothing there"& "needed physcological help" when there is obvious wrinkling and pitting ALL over my face, so bad that I have a hard time even leaving the house everyday. I was extremely hurt I was treated this way, he did not even loook at all just stated "nope nothing" in one short second!I also asked "DR" Chan to look at my broken blood vessels on my nose and he stated I was imagining that as well, again didnt even look.He does not take anything seriously its like peoples feelings and conditions are a joke to him,beware!

Submitted March 11, 2013 | flag

After reading through the comments on this page, I was nervous about my visit with Dr. Chan. However, after having been in to see him I have absolutely no complaints. He was on time, professional, helpful AND friendly. He took my concern seriously and offered some great advice. I would definitely go back to see him.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2012 | flag

The patient room we waited in was filthy. The garbage can was filthy covered in brown stains. I wiped the bed sides so my 9 months old doesn't get any germs and it wiped off completely black! I looked at his utensils, the magnifying glass, the mirror, the chairs all covered with dirty spots as though no one has wiped them clean for months. Then Dr.Chan walks in, his finger nails long and dirty!! He didn't even wash his hands between patients! When examining my daughter he uses his dirty magnifying glass he can barely see through, the worst part HE USED THE TIP of HIS DIRTY PEN to irritate her skin bumps to see how they react!!!!!! I just wanted to scream and pull my daughter out of his care. I also disagree with his diagnosis! He barely asked any questions to diagnose it and reading more about his diagnosis my daughter does not have any of the symptoms associated with it! Also the receptionist has no understanding of patient confidentiality. Will never go back!

Submitted Aug. 14, 2012 | flag

My family doctor recommended him to me. His examination was okay.. I just have to wait to see the improvement. The only problem is.. the way he talks is not friendly. He kind of roll his eyes upward with his chin slighly down and stares right into my eyes while talking as if I did something terribly wrong. It made me very uncomfortable. He might be a good doctor i don't know but he should learn to treat patients with gentle and friendly behavior.

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag