Rate Dr. Henry P. Parkman

Dr. Henry P. Parkman's Ratings

Saw Dr. P for 8 years as he was the alledged best for gastroparesis. No bedside manner, totally disinterested even as I dropped 30 lbs off my petite frame in horrific pain. Much more interested in stats and grants than patients quality of life. Constantly wanting to do tests and procedures he had already done. Always a prescription for everything. Vanessa his assistant actually yawned 3 times while I was doubled over in pain, then neglected to call in a script that I needed but neither of them had told me they were putting me on new med so I didn't know to ask pharmacy. When I went back 6 weeks later worse, they both were puzzled why that med wasn't helping, I advised they never prescribed it and they both laughed it off. I would not recommend Temple Digestive Disease to my worst enemy. The whole show is assembly line medicine, a money making machine with no quality of care or service. A disgrace!

Submitted April 6, 2014 | flag

No help at all, very disappointed that my issue was taken seriously as it disrupting my liufe and I constantly have fear. Tests done did not cntribute to a DX.

Submitted March 24, 2014 | flag

This is a doctor who doesn't listen has no bed side manners and really should be in a lab

Submitted March 8, 2014 | flag

He is an academic, but is so caught up in it, he doesn't have the time or interest to treat you.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2014 | flag

He is arrogant and condescending. Won't answer questions or have conversation. Won't return phone calls or emails. Doesn't report back test results and forces you to come to office for a 5 minute visit that could have been taken care of by phone. Takes weeks to get a prescription. Doesn't even call back pharmacy when they have a question on prescription. He has zero bedside manner and should not have patients. No empathy and treats everyone as if they are stupid and have no right to question why to anything

Submitted Dec. 24, 2013 | flag

I came to Dr. Parkman to help with my severe gastroparesis. At my first visit I weighed 90 lbs and was very very sick. Would I want to go out to dinner with Dr. Parkman? Probably not. Did he help me? In ways I never imagined. So, yes, when we enter the waiting room my husband and I place a bet with each other choosing our wait time to be "over or under" 2 hours. It is usually close to two. Then we meet with Vanessa and she spends a lot of time asking questions to enter things into the computer. Then Dr. Parkman comes in and chats. He forgets all sorts of things:, for instance that I am not a diabetic, have allergies to medications, etc. A minor annoyance I suppose but he knows more about severe gastroparesis than any doctor I have seen, has access to cutting edge treatment, and teaches and researches this debilitating disease every day with an obvious passion. Although horrible at scheduling and returning phone calls AND have significantly improved my quality of life.

Submitted April 23, 2013 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Parkman over almost couple of years intermittently, with back up from a local GI Dr. and PCP. Dr. Parkman knows gastroparesis very well, and is clearly expert in the field based on years of experience and seeing many patients with this difficult condition. He has worked through issues with me, but I came fully prepared in advance, with thorough research, and articulated my list of questions to him: this helped, since the 10 minute limit is about right, so the main thing is to make the most of the limited time available and stay on point. Some of his staff are terrific - I have undergone very invasive/ humilitating testing there and the nurses put me at ease: in particular Marty is a gem. Scheduling appointments can be very difficult even for established patients like me, although again his staff do listen and accommodate patients when possible. I continue to persevere because my local facilities can't offer the botox treatments I need for gastroparesis.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2012 | flag

I been going to see him for three and half years now. He has gave me so many different test for my problem I have my own file at home now. He has not came up with any thing yet now everytime I go see him he wants me to repeat a test and he is always giving me the same medicine I have tried already. Every other time I go see him it is as if he has never seen me before and my last appointment was the worst. He haD one of his staff call me because he said he wanted to see me because I just had some tests done. When I got to the appointment he didn't even know I even got tests done when it was only a couple weeks ago. I AM DONE WITH THIS MAN.

Submitted April 10, 2012 | flag

Submitted Feb. 20, 2012 | flag

Dr. Parkman and his asst. Vanessa were both so very helpful when no other doctors could figure out how to help my GI problem. His testing is so different and obviously gets the results you need. After 2 years of suffering I finally have my GI problems resolved and managed and am symptom free. I think Dr. Parkman is a genius, and his personality make you very comfortable speaking to him. Yes, he seems rushed sometimes but I think he's in demand and if you have the opportunity to see him for GI problems that you haven't been able to resolve elsewhere, please do so. It's worth the trip!

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag