Rate Dr. Philip Chiou

Dr. Philip Chiou's Ratings

I can only assume the other ratings are delusional. My experience with Dr. Chiou (in the Long Beach Office) is terrible, and all the other patients in the waiting room that I have ever spoken with have, to a man, complained about his extreme lack of punctuality, yet the other raters, gave him 5's. So either they are telling untruths or in the Fountain Valley office (with the staff there who are quite nice), he acts differently. Which is entirely possible. However, in the Long Beach office, he is always late - even with the first patient of the day, keeps you waiting 4-5 times longer if you sign in late, and is not at all sympathetic. Irma, the receptionist is quite nasty, and not too swift, so you have to stand there (remember - this is pain mgmt. - for most standing is problematic - for me both that AND painful), yet she makes you wait for your prescription and/or follow-up appt. while she does whatever she is doing (playing solitaire for all I know). Why would anyone do that?

Submitted Aug. 24, 2012 | flag

Well trained and conveys that confidence in the consultation. Also has a great bedside manner and is very compassionate. Seemed to care a lot about my problems and seemed passionate about treating my pain.

Submitted March 15, 2012 | flag

Dr Chiou is very sharp. He was a good listener who suggested many approaches to my problem.

Submitted June 11, 2011 | flag

He is very patient and was able to explain and answer all of my questions. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2010 | flag