Rate Dr. Joseph G. Gregory

Dr. Joseph G. Gregory's Ratings

Much like the other reviews I have to say this man saved my life and continues to do so. He is caring, compassionate and I believe he knows how to adapt his personality to be the right therapist for each person. I cannot recommend this doctor enough.

Submitted July 13, 2013 | flag

I have a been a patient of Dr. Gregory's for 8 years. Depending on the circumstances in my life, I have seen him anywhere from bi-weekly to annually. He has seen me through multiple hard times in my life, whether they be self-induced by poor decisions, the poor decisions of others that are impacting me, or simply the result of the normal course of life and death. I always leave his office encouraged, hopeful,and feeling better equipped to cope with whatever I may be facing. He guides with compassion and understanding in a most non-threatening way. I would highly recommend Dr. Gregory for anyone needing assistance for life's bumps in the road, grand or small.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2013 | flag

This man has saved my life. I have been with him for 7 years and can't imagine my life had he not come into it. My monthly appointments with him are my favorite time because I always know I am going to come out of his office smilling, feeling a ton better, and with progress made.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2012 | flag

I had to change doctors due to the hour long appts being too expensive for me since I had a baby and work only part-time; however, I still maintain that this is THE best pscyhiatrist ever--and I've seen quite a few! I can't count the the number of times he called my home to check on me if I needed tweaks in medicine, was feeling really low, and after baby was born when I was sleep deprived and depressed. He never seemed rushed-not even when checking on me by phone. He seems to like what he does and is very genuine. He listens and takes the time to "hear" you and get to know you so that he may better prescribe medications. Unfortunately I betrayed his trust and made a dumb mistake I will always regret. He was very kind, even still. Fortunately, I've landed somewhere else that is good as well....but he is great! I recommend him highly to anyone that hates feeling like they are going through a revolving door when at pscyh office.

Submitted Nov. 29, 2010 | flag

After going through extremely traumatic events, my doctor recommended Dr. Gregory. Now that I am through it, I look back and realize that he absolutely saved my life. He listened and more importantly, he was objective and didn't always tell me what I wanted to hear. He is the only Psychiatrist that I have seen, so I can't compare him to anyone, but I know that he helped me. I would recommend him to anyone- regardless the circumstance. A very kind man with morals, values, and a genuine concern for his patients.

Submitted June 22, 2010 | flag

I never saw this doctor, but from the reviews on this site I tried to make an appointment several times. I only got an answering machine. I never talked to a human EVER. I find it very hard to believe these reviews on this site. If he doesn't have staff to even call back potentially new patients, I find it hard to believe that he would be calling and talking to his current patients.

Submitted March 11, 2008 | flag

Though my insurance does not completely cover my visits to Dr. Gregory, I am so lucky to have taken another doctors advice to see him. I feel as if the quality of my life was protected by his knowledge and kindness. I will continue to use him and redommend him to anyone I know that might need psychiatric help.

Submitted April 8, 2007 | flag

I think this man is stellar and fantastic at his job, which he takes seriously and yet has the ability to remain kind and decent.

Submitted March 25, 2007 | flag

Dr. Gregory is a gem. Get this: He cares! You are not just a patment on his college loans. I just love this guy. If you need help from a kind, gentle, extremely smart guy, then leave all of the others and run (don't walk) to see Dr. Gregory. I feel that God is really using him in a positive way in Birmingham!

Submitted Dec. 12, 2006 | flag

Wonderful Dr. very concerned about patients. Will go over the call of duty to help you. Will even call to check on you! How will do that in this day and time. Will work thru lunch and afterhours to for patients. A grade "A +" Dr. in my book. He saved my life!!

Submitted June 19, 2006 | flag