Rate Dr. David Edwin Kim

Dr. David Edwin Kim's Ratings

I had 2 breast augmentations and 3 liposuction procedures with Dr. Kim. After both BA procedures he left me with terrible thick red scars. I had a CC less than two years and got even worse scars. I wanted him to fix an asymmetry from a cardiothoracic procedure but he refused add enough extra CCs to make up for the difference leaving me a C/DD despite two attempts to do this. I had lipo of the outer thighs and flanks for the first surgery without incident but then had terrible lumpy results on the liposuction of the abdomen. What makes it even worse was how heartless he was. When I had my first surgery I told them they'd never get an IV in me if I couldn't drink water the night before surgery. I came in ghost white about to faint (which is also when they give you all the info./risk info. that they make you lie and say the doctor went over - which he never did) He never said hi or a kind words as I was tortured with needles for a solid hour to get an IV in. Just sat there looking at his watch and giving botox to one of the girls in his office. Finally they got me two bottles of water and had me drink them so they could make their money (I guess the water/safety issue doesn't matter once it becomes inconvenient for them). The only thing he said to me before surgery was that he'd need an extra $500 to fix a scar. In my post-op appointments he acted blind to all problems. When I had a redo (and gave him another chance to fix his work) I asked about doing silicone sheeting to help with scars. He said not to. As soon as the bandages came off I could tell one scar was going to be awful (it wasn't that I scar badly as he liked to put it). It was done with zero finesse. Then the jerk had the nerve to tell me later that I could have used silicone sheeting to make it better. What an jerk.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

I spent two years searching through the results of other plastic surgeons, but remained disappointed until I discovered Dr. Kim. Forget any advice you been given on how best to chose a plastic surgeon, and go on the evidence of the results alone. Remember, your not looking for a dinner companion, your looking for an artist, and Dr. Kim is one of the few surgeons out there that is. Unfortunately, I lost my nerve and walked out on my procedure just hours before. It is also important to know that I had previously cancelled on another occasion with less than 24 hours notice. On both occasions Dr. Kim was more than gracious, but he now questions my commitment, and is understandably disinclined to do my procedure at this time. I have spent a further 2 years searching in vain for another surgeon whose results excite me and support their claims of skill. By evidence of results, Dr. Kim is the best, and I have been spoiled on the rest. I wish I had been better prepared.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2013

Dr. Kim was great. He explained the procedure in detail and answered my questions well. He is highly skilled and made my breasts look extremely natural. I really liked his approach of finalizing the size during the surgery for the perfect look. I really love the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2013

I wouldn't mind that Dr. Kim's personality was like cardboard if he was a talented surgeon. He did a tummy tuck and lipo on me. The tt results were worse than mediocre, my stomach looked unnatural with below my belly button flat and above it, significantly protruding. He also left sutures which felt like metal wires that I could feel just under my skin which always had me on edge, as he said they would eventually poke through since they needed to be cut down more. He also did lipo under my neck and said he would remove a "teaspoon". He removed too much (probably was trying to save time and used a large canula)& now I have vertical lines under just under my chin & neck which really makes me look old. When confronted, he said I must have naturally aged (in several months?) This piece of cardboard must be a fool if he thinks I would believe that. I had another doctor re-do his work and told me he has re-done his work before. Don't pay for a zip code and learn from my mistakes!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2012

I had a rhinoplasty and neck liposuction done by Dr. Kim on 02/1/11 and am thrilled with the results!! He did exactly what he said he was going to do, and my nose and jaw line look so much better than I thought they ever could. My nose looks natural and balanced with my face and I love my profile! Dr. Kim has amazing skills, is very meticulous and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2011

I would not recommend Dr. Kim to anyone..I had a BA in March 2010 (paid $ 7500), immediatly capsulized and had a redo BA in May 2010 in which I was charged an additional $3600.... Now Iam exoeriencing the same problm 8 mos later and he wants to charge me $5K to fix it again... HELL NO!!! Does he expect for the patient to keep paying for his mistakes? Any "Good" Dr would stand behind his work and fix it and not try to bank off his own mistake. I am sooo upset with him! I have seeked a second opinion from another Dr and would rather pay a new Dr to fix Dr Kim's work then to give my money to Dr. Kim again. He is a joke! Pretty sad that his own office employee is experiencing the same problem and is having hers redone next month. I think he purposly makes mistake so that he can charge you a second time and make even more money off you. Cant beleive he thinks its exceptable to put me through a third surgery in less then a year for the same problem. If you are smart..STAY AWAY!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1981876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2011

I got a revision rhinoplasty and i couldnt be happier with it.I loved the pics he had on his website and decided to go to him.After the surgery it was very easy to recover especially compared to my previous surgery and after the swelling it turned out looking exactly how i had described to him that i wanted it.If anyone is looking to get a revision i know that its scary and u hear a bunch of horror stories but i would completely trust dr. kim to do it a thousand times again.He doesnt try to sell you like the other doctors do so hes pretty quick and to the point in the pre-op but he really does know what hes doing and i was amazed at how well he did my nose.I wanted a small nose that didnt look fake and after my first surgery my columella hung down which i hated but after dr.kim took the cast off i noticed that that was completely gone which was a huge relief because almost evry bfore after pic i saw the dr.s still left it hanging but he didnt.I highly recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2010

Dr. KIM has the WORST bed side manner I have ever encountered!!! I had a capsule contrature that he tried to fix from a surgery he did. Well, long story short he didn't fix it, and has no compassion at all, so if you have any problems after surgery! RUN don't walk if your considering breast aug. you will REGRET IT if you have any problems!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1981875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

Consult for tummy tuck was in a rude fashion.He is rudley blunt and acts as though he couldn't care less about gaining a new patient.Also , was not up to date on procedures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2010

"I proudly say Doctor David Edwin Kim is MY doctor!!! There are so many Plastic Surgeons out there, but only a few of them are artists. I truly believe MY doctor is an artist! I got several recommendations from ladies in a breast implant forum and started searching for him from Google and Yahoo a few months ago. I found his website and looked at the before and after pictures. I loved his work! Amazingly awesome!!! Since then, I counted my days to meet him for the first time. All of the girls, who have recommended him to me, saying this exactly sentence, “Doctor David Kim is amazing!” I did not know exactly what it meant until he did mine. Yes! He is truly amazing! A real artist! I also love his personality and his professionalism. He is sweet, gentle, respectful, caring, kind, simple, skillful, experienced, and patient. He takes his time to treat each of his patients as she/he is the most important one!! I am more than glad that I found him. He is THE BEST!!!"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981868].votes_count ]]