Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh

Rate Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh

Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh's Ratings

Excellent doctor, caring, smart, always available and I never felt rushed. I was a tough case and he managed it perfectly. So happy I did the research and found him.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

Found this Dr online and he seems to have great reviews. I recently made an appointment for next week, so my review is not for him, but for the front desk staff. Based on his staff, I would not go in to see him. The front desk people are so rude! They seem like they're doing me a favor making an appointment, careless and inpatient. Why do most doctors hire subpar employees in order to save a few dollars? It is detrimental to their business and reputation. Please, invest a little more in your front desk staff and stop hiring uneducated people more interested in gossip and their cell phones instead of doing a good job. It's so sad! I hope this doctor is worth this unpleasantness.

Submitted June 11, 2014 | flag

I interviewed several doctors prior to my surgery and found Dr Ascher-Walsh to be unparalleled in knowledge, confidence and calmness. I needed fibroid surgery and was told I was a very difficult case. I was also told having a hysterectomy would be best for me by other doctors but I didn't want a hysterectomy. Dr Ascher-Walsh was not intimidated by the difficulty of my case at all and my surgery went extremely well as did my recovery. He saved my uterus, and is incredibly skilled and just all-around amazing. The best dr I've ever gone to hands down. And I worked in medicine for years so I've had a lot of experience/exposure to doctors and can asses them pretty easily. If you need a surgery, complicated or otherwise, don't hesitate to see him. He's truly the best and worth the wait in terms of getting an appointment.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

I had my surgery done on Monday apr 29,2013 by Dr Walsh and I don't know where to begin he is AMAZING from the first day I walked into his office I knew I was in good hands I felt comfortable. Dr Walsh has never left my side. His team that he works with is the Best Dr Walsh assured me that everything was gonna be ok. I had a total number of Fibroids removed with the largest one measuring the size of a basketball (30wk uterus) My surgey was amazing i had no organ damages ,No blood loss and had no after pain just soreness with those size fibroids who wouldve though. I stayed one night in the hospital and was home the next day. Dr Walsh and his team visited me in my room right after surgery and then again the following morning. Even my hospital stay at Mount Siani was amazing all my nurses were great. Dr Ascher Walsh is the best hands down I wouldn't trade him for the world. I highly recommend for sure without a doubt

Submitted May 1, 2013 | flag

Great calm demeanor. And spends time with you. Fellows are nice and responsive to post surgical questions.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr Ascher Walsh is a "top notch" surgeon in every way - integrity, skill, communication, professionalism etc. I went to 3 surgeons who told me that due to the location of my fibroids the only solution was extensive surgery to cut into my uterus which would compromise my uterus for childbearing. When Dr Ascher Walsh reviewed my case his approach was "cutting should be the last resort". In order to preserve fertility, we will do a hysteroscopy see if it stops the heavy bleeding and take it from there. Once done with having children, there are much less invasive options that can be done, if necessary. His communication was clear, concise and sensible and he made me feel that I was being considered & included in the process. Additionally, his staff was amazingly nice & supportive. He conducted the surgery masterfully, with great care to preserve my uterus. He removed even more than expected & I woke up with no pain. He did the right thing by me. He is Awesome!!!

Submitted Sept. 20, 2012 | flag

What can I say? Dr. Ascher-Walsh is the best! It's hard to find someone in the field who is great & knows what they’re doing. His surgical team great! I just had surgery last month 3/5/12 removed 25 fibroids & endometriosis. Surgery last 4 hrs & 2 hrs recovery due to it was complicated because of the endometriosis- adhesions in & out of ovaries, deeply on tubes- damaged & inflamed,& attached to intestines. I had complications coming out of anesthesia & blood loss (anemic). Rarely any pain. I just had menstrual cycle- no cramps! no irregular spotting! I'm healing great! Bedside manner is excellent- & surgical team- all visited me 7 days I was in the hospital. He was my sister doctor first. I highly recommend him- told my best friend- he removed all her fibroids & saved her uterus. You can't get better then that! As always 2nd opinions are worth it! I had rather Dr. Ascher-Walsh to do my surgery than my previous specialist at Cornell.

Submitted April 25, 2012 | flag

Nobody refereed or recommended Dr. Ascher-Walsh to me. It was my random choice. But how fortunate was this choice. Three weeks ago Dr.Ascher-Walsh performed laparoscopic surgery for me to fix uterovaginal prolapse. I cannot believe how fast was the recovery. I had no complications, very little pain, and was able to return to work in two weeks. His skills is amazing. He and his stuff provide high quality care. Dr. Ascher -Walsh became my #1 doctor. In short he is great and very talented doctor. Emma

Submitted May 14, 2011 | flag

Dr.Charles Ascher-Walsh is "the cream of the crop". He is "top-notch. The "best of the best". What I have to say is that my experience both on my first visit to him and on the day of surgery, before, during and following surgery, was one that will remain"indellibly engraved in my memory". From his smile, to his caring, compassionate ways not to mention that he more than surpasses his incredible reputation as a gynocologist and as the one who is there for you in every way you can imagine. If you are looking for a gynocologist whose skills, knowledge, and being far surpasses anyone you could imagine, I highly recommend you give him a call. I am on the road to recovery thanks to Dr. Walsh and his incredible team. Beth Geller

Submitted Feb. 8, 2011 | flag