Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh

Rate Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh

Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh's Ratings

Dr.Ascher -Walsh is on the top of my list for professionalism, knowledge, personality and care for the patient. I found him reading the reviews on this site and I am thankful to all the ladies who wrote here. Yes, I had to wait to see him but when you want to have the best in the field to treat your condition-wait is worth it.He is right at the point with all your options, what is the best for you and he will leave you to make your decision.I did not feel pushed into surgery, I ended up agreeing with him. I had a very large fibroid and he removed it using laporoscopic tools. Again, it was my decision to go this way! I will highly recommend Dr. Ascher-Walsh. If you want somebody you can trust- go to see him.He is a man of his word and I am grateful for meeting him.Thank you, Dr.Asher-Walsh! Thank you to the entire team for the care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2584415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Dr. Ascher-Walsh is a great doctor! He's professional, caring and makes you feel comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh is a great doctor and an even better surgeon. I was referred to him by another doctor at Mount Sinai. I'm so glad I followed the advice. I was told he's a one of the best in his field and he is. Great professional manner, makes you comfortable in exam room, great nurse and staff. From my first visit a year ago to my surgery in July of this year, Dr. Ascher-Walsh has been outstanding. His team as well...very informative, given all the pros/cons/options for surgery. Day of surgery...each member of his team introduced themselves and explained what they'd be doing for me in the operating suite. I went in to surgery feeling confident in their abilities...surgery went better than expected. Just awesome all around. Highly recommend. For the wait time in office, considering his skill level and the fact that he's in such high demand it's not surprise..be patient, he's worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2553387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Excellent doctor, caring, smart, always available and I never felt rushed. I was a tough case and he managed it perfectly. So happy I did the research and found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Found this Dr online and he seems to have great reviews. I recently made an appointment for next week, so my review is not for him, but for the front desk staff. Based on his staff, I would not go in to see him. The front desk people are so rude! They seem like they're doing me a favor making an appointment, careless and inpatient. Why do most doctors hire subpar employees in order to save a few dollars? It is detrimental to their business and reputation. Please, invest a little more in your front desk staff and stop hiring uneducated people more interested in gossip and their cell phones instead of doing a good job. It's so sad! I hope this doctor is worth this unpleasantness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2459794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I interviewed several doctors prior to my surgery and found Dr Ascher-Walsh to be unparalleled in knowledge, confidence and calmness. I needed fibroid surgery and was told I was a very difficult case. I was also told having a hysterectomy would be best for me by other doctors but I didn't want a hysterectomy. Dr Ascher-Walsh was not intimidated by the difficulty of my case at all and my surgery went extremely well as did my recovery. He saved my uterus, and is incredibly skilled and just all-around amazing. The best dr I've ever gone to hands down. And I worked in medicine for years so I've had a lot of experience/exposure to doctors and can asses them pretty easily. If you need a surgery, complicated or otherwise, don't hesitate to see him. He's truly the best and worth the wait in terms of getting an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2013

I had my surgery done on Monday apr 29,2013 by Dr Walsh and I don't know where to begin he is AMAZING from the first day I walked into his office I knew I was in good hands I felt comfortable. Dr Walsh has never left my side. His team that he works with is the Best Dr Walsh assured me that everything was gonna be ok. I had a total number of Fibroids removed with the largest one measuring the size of a basketball (30wk uterus) My surgey was amazing i had no organ damages ,No blood loss and had no after pain just soreness with those size fibroids who wouldve though. I stayed one night in the hospital and was home the next day. Dr Walsh and his team visited me in my room right after surgery and then again the following morning. Even my hospital stay at Mount Siani was amazing all my nurses were great. Dr Ascher Walsh is the best hands down I wouldn't trade him for the world. I highly recommend for sure without a doubt

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Great calm demeanor. And spends time with you. Fellows are nice and responsive to post surgical questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2013

Dr Ascher Walsh is a "top notch" surgeon in every way - integrity, skill, communication, professionalism etc. I went to 3 surgeons who told me that due to the location of my fibroids the only solution was extensive surgery to cut into my uterus which would compromise my uterus for childbearing. When Dr Ascher Walsh reviewed my case his approach was "cutting should be the last resort". In order to preserve fertility, we will do a hysteroscopy see if it stops the heavy bleeding and take it from there. Once done with having children, there are much less invasive options that can be done, if necessary. His communication was clear, concise and sensible and he made me feel that I was being considered & included in the process. Additionally, his staff was amazingly nice & supportive. He conducted the surgery masterfully, with great care to preserve my uterus. He removed even more than expected & I woke up with no pain. He did the right thing by me. He is Awesome!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1981957].votes_count ]]