Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh

5 1 4.5

You may also like

Rate Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh

Dr. Charles J. Ascher-Walsh's Ratings

I saw several GYN's through the years and had ok experiences. If you want thorough, brilliant, caring, and meticulous, see Dr. Ascher Walsh. I have a history of fibroids and underwent my first myomectomy many years ago with a different doctor. I was skeptical to undergo a 2nd surgery, however, it was the best option for me since I wanted to have children sooner than later. From beginning to finish, Dr. Ascher Walsh and his staff were wonderful. Not once did I feel nervous. He explained the surgical process in great detail and provided a copy of the report at my following appointment. He removed many fibroids. Recovery was fairly easy for me. Since the surgery, my periods are lighter, my cycles are normal and I feel great. He ALWAYS takes time to answer questions and ease your worries. The wait can be long, but it's well worth it because I know that he is answering all of his patient's questions in the back. His calm demeanor can make any nervous patient feel at ease. See for yourself-you won't be disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2853491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Ascher-Walsh is hands down the most thorough OBGYN I have ever seen. I had a difficult case and he made the process easy to understand and his knowledge and experience helped me have the courage to go through with the procedure. He is both compassionate and professional. His staff was great as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Thank you for solving my issue, taking care of me pre and post op, and aimply being an expert at what you do. I am so fortunate to have found you, especially since I was given misinformation from another doctor. You're a prince and I am so grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I had my surgery in 2013 and because of the number and location of fibroids, an open myomectomy was performed. As a registered nurse, I knew to do my research first and Dr. Walsh name always came highly recommended from physicians and patients. Before my surgery, I was severely anemic, had heavy menses with large clots that lasted for about 10 days, wore tampons with two pads, constantly bled through clothing while in public, often messed up car seats, mattresses, and passed out on 3 separate occasions during my menses. I often had nausea and once in a while severe pain that would prevent from working.
When I met with Dr. Ascher-Walsh, he was warm, receptive, answered all my questions. I did not feel rushed. I felt comfortable immediately. During one of the visits, he showed the actual imaging (MRI) to me and explained what was going on. I was so impressed with his approach to patient teaching that I was convinced that I was in the best hands.
His entire team was outstanding. In fact, one of the medical students smiled and held my hands as I walked towards the O.R; it was a beautiful gesture that meant so much. As I laid on the operating table, Dr. Ascher-Walsh asked me what kind of music do I like, and I told him Gospel. All of a sudden I heard beautiful gospel music, and then I started singing along and the next thing I heard was "Carol, we removed 53 fibroids." I walked away with a tiny bikini incision and no pain.
Three years later, I am pleased to say that allowing Dr. Ascher-Walsh perform my surgery was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I no longer have accidents, my menses are short and light. I am no longer anemic, so no more fainting spells have occurred and haven't experienced nausea or pain. I've finally joined the tampons-only club, and feel free to wear whatever I want. I'm no longer a prisoner to long jackets that would hide my rear end, and girdle-like panties to support my bulky pads, and Macy's insurance no longer get those calls to remove the stain from my mattress.

I am proud to recommend Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2769953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Ascher Walsh performed my myomectomy in November of last year. I am glad that I waited the 5 hours to see him on my first appointment instead of leaving because I could not have asked for a better surgeon. I had more than 60 fibroids (not a typo) and was severely anemic. He took the time to do a thorough consultation; I had seen another surgeon at NYU and she said I had five fibroids. Dr. Ascher-Walsh did an ultrasound and saw that her report was not accurate. He showed me where the fibroids were, how many there were and discussed my options for treatment. I had a laparotomy because of the amount of fibroids (I looked 3 months pregnant) and all I am left with is a small, neat bikini line incision. My primary GYN was surprised that the incision was so small given the amount of fibroids removed.

Dr. Ascher-Walsh has a great bedside manner, his staff, Heather and Crystal are great with follow up and checked in on me after my surgery. Thank you to Dr. Ascher-Walsh and everyone in his office - I feel a million times better!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2752260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr.Ascher -Walsh is on the top of my list for professionalism, knowledge, personality and care for the patient. I found him reading the reviews on this site and I am thankful to all the ladies who wrote here. Yes, I had to wait to see him but when you want to have the best in the field to treat your condition-wait is worth it.He is right at the point with all your options, what is the best for you and he will leave you to make your decision.I did not feel pushed into surgery, I ended up agreeing with him. I had a very large fibroid and he removed it using laporoscopic tools. Again, it was my decision to go this way! I will highly recommend Dr. Ascher-Walsh. If you want somebody you can trust- go to see him.He is a man of his word and I am grateful for meeting him.Thank you, Dr.Asher-Walsh! Thank you to the entire team for the care.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2584415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Dr. Ascher-Walsh is a great doctor! He's professional, caring and makes you feel comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. Charles Ascher-Walsh is a great doctor and an even better surgeon. I was referred to him by another doctor at Mount Sinai. I'm so glad I followed the advice. I was told he's a one of the best in his field and he is. Great professional manner, makes you comfortable in exam room, great nurse and staff. From my first visit a year ago to my surgery in July of this year, Dr. Ascher-Walsh has been outstanding. His team as well...very informative, given all the pros/cons/options for surgery. Day of surgery...each member of his team introduced themselves and explained what they'd be doing for me in the operating suite. I went in to surgery feeling confident in their abilities...surgery went better than expected. Just awesome all around. Highly recommend. For the wait time in office, considering his skill level and the fact that he's in such high demand it's not surprise..be patient, he's worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2553387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Excellent doctor, caring, smart, always available and I never felt rushed. I was a tough case and he managed it perfectly. So happy I did the research and found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543074].votes_count ]]