Dr. GOWRIHARAN THAIYANANTHAN

Grad. Year: 2001

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. GOWRIHARAN THAIYANANTHAN has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

22/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8
RID: 4730103
03/02/14 5 4 5 5 I  finally made the decision to go through with the surgery after a lot of prayer and thought. After a lot of research, I found the best man to help me with these issues.  Dr. Ty from BASIC Brain and Spine Inst. in Orange Ca.  I had seen different surgeons who were not very patient and spent very little time answering my questions. Dr. Ty and Dr. Oh of BASIC brain and spine were the first doctors to stop and listen to me and answer every question that I had about my condition and what my options were. I finally felt I had a sense of confidence in the doctors that I was dealing with. On my very first appointment with Dr. Ty and Dr. Oh, I had a really good feeling and I knew that I was in good hands!  Dr. Ty made it as easy and as pain-free as he possibly could. He was very honest and explained the procedure to me in a way that I could understand. I'm doing fine now and am on the road to recovery.  So "two thumbs up" Dr. Ty and a very special thank you to the BASIC  Brain and Spine team!
RID: 3632194
14/12/13 1 2 1 1 I would not refer any patients to this neurosurgeon's office. I saw this surgeon for a back pain consultation and treatment in March 2013. He recommended tests and injections right away without taking a through medical history as well as the examination which was performed was brief maybe fifteen minutes. The physician diagnosed me with sacroiliitis which is an inflammation of the sacroiliac joint. He insisted on steroid injections. When I returned the next day to the surgeon for the procedure, afterwards he never explained the exact cause of my back pain or what else needed to be done. Then he walked out of the exam room abruptly. I over heard Dr. Thai telling his office staff to call and cancel all his appointments that day. When I tried to make a follow-up appointment with the doctor, I was told the doctor was on vacation for several weeks. I did not find his staff to be responsive to my medical concerns nor the other patient's needs.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2676748
11/06/13 5 5 5 5 Worth the second opinion consult. I have Kaiser insurance. Got a lot of insight about my spinal stenosis and option after visiting BASIC and Dr. Ty. I'm working on switching my insurance so I can have Dr. Ty as my surgeon. I was highly recommended to see him and I would highly recommend him to anyone!  Respond
RID: 2674197
08/06/13 5 5 5 5 Took my mom to see him as a second opinion. I really like the fact that he explained things to us and laid out a roadmap of how treatment was going to look for her. He also showed us her films while we were there and explained what was causing her problem. We all appreciated that. The office on campus and jamboree felt like a spa. The whole experience was really good - excellent actually.  Respond
RID: 2629884
28/04/13 5 5 5 5 I'm grateful to Dr. Ty and BASIC for helping me with my mom. Dr. Blasko, Dr Jilani,and Dr. Leach we're all great in getting my mom better. We're glad our family doctor referred us here. Thank you all again!
RID: 2627948
25/04/13 5 5 5 5 Great doc and overall great human being. I felt comfortable because I can tell he cared.  Respond
RID: 2624061
22/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Ty is one of the kindest doctors I have ever had, truly listened to my concerns and patiently answered all my questions. He treated me with respect and care and I really appreciate his efforts to treat my sciatica.
RID: 2536019
19/01/13 5 5 5 5 I feel really fortunate to have found this clinic. Overall great experience giving the circumstances, knowledgable doctor, and a great PA (Mike Blasko). I'm sending my sister here for her low back problem which is the highest compliment I think I can give them.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2474055
14/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ty and his office was very knowledgable and helpful. I sought multiple opinions for my herniated disc. I felt that I was teated well by Dr.Ty's clinic and staff. He reviewed and explained my films to me in a way I could understand which I appreciated. He also seems to offer some minimally invasive options that I didn't find anywhere else. After shopping around, I picked Dr. Ty.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2399329
12/08/12 5 5 5 5 Found Dr Ty to be very knowledgable and approachable. Staff was friendly also
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 2390648
01/08/12 5 5 5 5 Very impressed with the time and level of this docs ability to communicate with me.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "POMONA" to "Orange"
RID: 1722257
25/02/12 5 5 5 5 I had a micro discectomy procedure by Dr. Ty and I'm very happy with my results. I'm 6 days post procedure and completely pain free! I interviewed a lot of doctors both orthopedic and neurosurgery spine and visited the Laser Spine Institute. We (myself and my wife) chose Dr. Ty because we felt the most comfortable with him and because his credentials are impeccable. Couldn't be happier with our decision. We so happy that we referred my uncle to him as well! Strongly recommend this doctor for anyone needing a minimally invasive spine procedure
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 1656960
09/12/11 5 5 5 5 Very happy with my experience with Dr. Ty. He took the time to explain my condition to me and I felt that this was the first time someone could tell me what was going on in language that I could understand. I'm scheduled to have injections in my lower back and if that doesn't work he gave me a back up plan for surgery. Really happy with the way that I was taken care of!  Respond
RID: 1642887
23/11/11 5 5 5 5 Well trained, highly competent doctor. Fellowship trained in complex and minimally invasive spine surgery. Spends time reviewing imaging and explaining options.
Paid (or co-pay): $100
Respond

23/11/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1530492

06/09/11 1 1 1 1 Wait time at office was 2 1/2 hr wait. Dr. came in and did not really take time to seen me and went off others Dr. diagnosis.
Insurance: Coventry
Respond

06/07/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
* - Rating left by a registered user