Rate Dr. Ronnie N. Dawood

Dr. Ronnie N. Dawood's Ratings

Dr. Dawood conducted a dermatological procedure to remove 2 small scars on each cheek. In addition, he heavily promoted the use of his $750,000 fractal laser to rejuvenate the entire skin of my face. However, he was not as proficient as he claimed and left a deep "welding-type" 3rd degree burn in a thick 1"-wide band from forehead, to nose bridge, to nose tip, to top lip, to lower lip, to chin dimple, to bottom of chin. He claimed this had never happened to him before, but I suspect he had the wrong "too-high" settings on the laser. After 8 months of care and corrective actions by another doctor, I returned to Dawood, who refused to refund the $4000 and would not offer any settlement. Quite simply, I believe his skin rejuvenation procedure should better be termed skin "revenue generation" procedure that financially benefits only him. I cannot provide any positive recommendation for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2250292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Had to wait quite a while for my first appointment in Mission Viejo, but totally worth it. The front office staff I don't find particularly engaged (I can stand there for a minute or so before someone says hi), but I loved Dr. Dawood and all the people once I was seen. Dr. Dawood is really friendly and very smart. Thank you so much for doing a Groupon! Am recommending to all of my friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][231327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

I found Dr. Dawood because my derm was closed and I had a skin emergency - a cystic pimple! Which needs an immediate shot or it quadruples in size overnight, and I was going away for the weekend. I Googled him, called his office, and even though I was a new patient, scheduled me for 15 minutes later AND stayed late to take me. Hands down, the best derm - and possibly even docter - I've ever been to! He was kind, funny, and didn't make me feel uncomfortable about explaining my less-than-perfect skin. He prescribed me much needed medication, and one month later my skin is FLAWLESS. I haven't had a cyst since! He's a miracle worker and just a nice, understanding person! I never went back to my cold, frumpy derm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][231326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

it great service and doctor ...it is highly recomended .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][231325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2010

I went to Sublime MD in Mission Viejo to see Dr. Dawood for laser tattoo removal. Upon first impression, his office is immaculate and his staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a bad experience previously after going to see "Dr. Tattoff" (where no doctor is even there, mind you) - so I went in a little bitter. Dr. Dawood and his staff made me change my mind entirely about tattoo removal. I had no idea it could be a rather pleasant experience (considering the circumstances, of course). Him being an actual doctor was great, as the last person who did mine at Dr. Tattoffs office appeared to be a (moody) medical assistant (at best). The time he spent working on my tattoos quadrupled the time spent on me at the other place. They're so nice and funny there, I get excited for each session because I miss them. Now I see him for the removal of my tats, skin tags, angiomas, and botox. Even comparing the machinery he has with that I saw at other places, he's way ahead of the game.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][231324].votes_count ]]