Rate Dr. April T. Tritto

Dr. April T. Tritto's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Tritto to remove my large fibroids. As soon as I met her I expressed that I was not done having children and would like to discuss options other than having a hysterectomy being I am 35 years old with one child. Unfortunately a hysterectomy was all she discussed her reasoning was it would be easier for her to do than a myomectomy. She said", I would probably need a blood transfusion'"my uterus would have a big hole she would have to patch up" "She could accidently put a hole in my gal bladder while trying to perform my surgery". But the best one was that during surgery if she couldn't complete my surgery lapriscopicaly she would have to get another Dr. to "cut me open". I really believe Dr. Tritto was trying to scare me into having a hysterectomy. She was not confident in her skills at all. My opionion is Dr. Tritto is a gynecologist that does some procedures every now and then not a highly trained surgeon. If your in need of a caring, compassionate, highly trained surgeon go see Dr. Lilly Tan the chief of minimally invasive surgery in San Francisco.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597225].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

I saw her as a new patient. Thorough, very easy going and put me at ease right away. A really good minimally invasive surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

My experience has been as follows: 1) She gave me an FSH test on the wrong date, scaring me very much about my fertility; 2) When I went to speak with her about the results, she backed up as far as possible to the opposite wall, as though my potential infertility might be catching; 3) When I got pregnant, she (and two others at Kaiser Walnut Creek) missed twins on an early ultrasound, which resulted in me finding out about the twins at 20 weeks. When I asked her about traveling with a twin pregnancy (due to my job), she replied that common sense dictated not to do it, and if it were her personally she wouldn't do it, but since there are no hard and fast scientific medical studies banning it, she couldn't medically support me not traveling. Turns out the twins share a placenta and are in a single sac, a rare and complicated pregnancy. She never apologized at all for any of this. She remained causal and cavalier the whole time. I will never again see her as my provider.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2250644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Tritto refused to hear our concerns about wanting to entertain a c section based on family history of my girlfriend. She made no attempt to look into our concerns that my girlfriend might not have the anatomy to pass our child. She brushed off out consistent concern to at least have a c section consultation based on my girlfriends mother having needed 3 and her grandmother needing 2. I understand that c sections may not be considered hereditary, but Tritto made no attempt to check my girlfriends anatomy based on our historical concern. Being one week late for birth she still put up road blocks to give us a c section consultation until the day before our scheduled induction, saying she wasn't mandated to schedule an appointment until 48 hours from our request, which was the final of our 7 requests. Needless to say my girlfriend was put through the misery of 26 hours of labor, a week late and pumped full off pitocin to induce labor which then required an emergency c section.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2250643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr Tritto is not only knowledgeable, she's also down to earth!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][231943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

Absolute best OB anywhere. A rare doctor who actually practices medicine rather than repeat what the establishment tells her. Absolutely spectacular doctor and human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][231942].votes_count ]]