Rate Dr. Shannon Cothran

Dr. Shannon Cothran's Ratings

I have nothing but good things to say about this practice. I had gestational diabetes during my pregnancy. I am a marathon runner....my diabetes is age related. I am an older mother....44. Dr. Cothran worked with me and discussed all of my options. She went above and beyond to help me through all of my complications. I have no idea what the other woman experienced. My wait time has varied with office visits.....but that is normal in a practice that deals with pregnant woman. I have waited five minutes and I have waited thirty when a patient's water broke....so I guess it depends on the day. During my delivery....my son's heart rate slowed and then stopped...if not for her quick thinking...he would not be here. She constantly monitored his health and mine during the delivery. I had an emergency C-section within 55 seconds of my son's heart rate dropping. He was completely blue at birth...however due to her quick delivery, the NICU was able to revive him. He had a full recovery. The NICU doctors stated that his quick delivery and monitoring were the right on target....and the reason he had no brain damage due to oxygen deprivation. The staff was very professional. I love Dr. Emery as well. Both her and Dr. Cothran were excellent sources of information during and after my pregnancy. Dr. Cothran also helped me through that horrible "baby blues" phase as well...she even called to check in with me each week after I arrived home. This practice is one of the best forms of medical care that I have ever received. The friends that I have referred have also had similar experiences. I can not say enough good things about the care I received.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I found the staff friendly and professional and Dr. Cothran was great! She was very patient, thorough and knowledgeable. I left feeling that all of my questions were addressed and that she had also asked good questions of me. Overall great experience for what is usually a very uncomfortable and unpleasant yearly obligation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][107504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2013

I was the first patient of the day when they opened at 8:00. I waited in the waiting room for 15 minutes before they called me in. Waited another 10 minutes for the nurse practitioner. Two minutes later I was done and out the door. If my appointment is at 8:00am and I'm the first one, I expect to be seen by someone by 8:05. Small wonder that I wait a good 30-45 minutes every time I go there later in the day. Regarding the front staff, they had the wrong date for an appointment (easy fix, right?) and were just rude about the whole process of rescheduling. Regarding Dr. Cothran, she seems to be knowledgeable, but she seems to be off-limits/inaccessible. At the end of a visit, she said to call her with a personal decision that we had discussed. I called to tell her that decision but they wouldn't let me talk to her. I had to make an appointment (with another $30 co-pay) for a 30-second discussion (after a 30-45 minute wait) with the nurse practitioner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][107503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

The most unprofessional Dr. I have ever been too. She would rather talk about her kids & tell you how stupid her staff is. She bad mouths Dr. Emery (you can hear thru the walls)& walks around saying how much she hates patients. Her facebook account is up on her computer if you go into her office & you can hear her talking about online shopping. Her appearance is disheveled & wrinkled.The office is old & dirty, no sinks in the rooms. The front desk staff is rude. The manager there is dirty & smells like smoke and can be smelled from the check out area & walking by you. I gave this place 3 tries. I have seen Dr. Emery screaming and yelling in the halls as if she were insane. DO NOT trust your care to these people!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][107505].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

Dr. Cothran is wonderful. She listens to all my concerns and treats them all seriously, even when they are silly! My only frustration with her office is the receptionist staff. I have had multiple poor experiences with them, they are rude and dismissive. If you can look past the front desk you will find a great doctor, a wonderful Nurse Practitioner and excellent nurses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][107502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Simply the best! Understanding and will listen to your health care needs and problems. She's young so my daughter could relate to her and now she's a patient too. In time, hopefully she will take over the practice, replacing the older Doctor Emory. But that's another review.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][107501].votes_count ]]