Rate Dr. SHANNON COTHRAN

Dr. SHANNON COTHRAN's Ratings

I found the staff friendly and professional and Dr. Cothran was great! She was very patient, thorough and knowledgeable. I left feeling that all of my questions were addressed and that she had also asked good questions of me. Overall great experience for what is usually a very uncomfortable and unpleasant yearly obligation.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2013 | flag

I was the first patient of the day when they opened at 8:00. I waited in the waiting room for 15 minutes before they called me in. Waited another 10 minutes for the nurse practitioner. Two minutes later I was done and out the door. If my appointment is at 8:00am and I'm the first one, I expect to be seen by someone by 8:05. Small wonder that I wait a good 30-45 minutes every time I go there later in the day. Regarding the front staff, they had the wrong date for an appointment (easy fix, right?) and were just rude about the whole process of rescheduling. Regarding Dr. Cothran, she seems to be knowledgeable, but she seems to be off-limits/inaccessible. At the end of a visit, she said to call her with a personal decision that we had discussed. I called to tell her that decision but they wouldn't let me talk to her. I had to make an appointment (with another $30 co-pay) for a 30-second discussion (after a 30-45 minute wait) with the nurse practitioner.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2013 | flag

The most unprofessional Dr. I have ever been too. She would rather talk about her kids & tell you how stupid her staff is. She bad mouths Dr. Emery (you can hear thru the walls)& walks around saying how much she hates patients. Her facebook account is up on her computer if you go into her office & you can hear her talking about online shopping. Her appearance is disheveled & wrinkled.The office is old & dirty, no sinks in the rooms. The front desk staff is rude. The manager there is dirty & smells like smoke and can be smelled from the check out area & walking by you. I gave this place 3 tries. I have seen Dr. Emery screaming and yelling in the halls as if she were insane. DO NOT trust your care to these people!

Submitted Sept. 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Cothran is wonderful. She listens to all my concerns and treats them all seriously, even when they are silly! My only frustration with her office is the receptionist staff. I have had multiple poor experiences with them, they are rude and dismissive. If you can look past the front desk you will find a great doctor, a wonderful Nurse Practitioner and excellent nurses.

Submitted July 15, 2013 | flag

Simply the best! Understanding and will listen to your health care needs and problems. She's young so my daughter could relate to her and now she's a patient too. In time, hopefully she will take over the practice, replacing the older Doctor Emory. But that's another review.

Submitted April 15, 2013 | flag