BAOKU LIU

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 30/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. BAOKU LIU has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers

Acupuncturist-related: pain relief, nausea, acupuncture
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5614222
07/07/14 5 5 5 5 I had a great experience with Dr. Liu. I was suffering from terrible menstrual cramps, but after already the first session I didn't have to take any painkillers. My life is now PMS- and cramp-free, totally different feeling! I’ve been seeing him for a few months now and every time I come I always asks me how I feel and what is going on in my life to adjust the session accordingly. Once I came to the session with congested nose and wet cough and all was gone just after one session. He is a great doctor, I highly recommend him!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5500973
29/05/14 5 5 5 5 He does magic. What can I say? He is what is standing between my body and surgery or pain killers. I am so glad I went to his office!
Paid (or co-pay): $70
RID: 5215966
28/02/14 5 5 5 5 I had great experience with Dr. Baoku Liu both from mom’s chronicle cough and my neck pain treatment. My neck pain bothers me from time to time until I was passed out one day and suddenly could not move my upper body. During some worst day, I could barely pick up chopsticks and little cough would cause whole back shooting pain. After a few sessions, my neck condition improved significantly. My mom has chronicle cough in the past 30 years. It is extremely painful for her to fall into sleep and bothers her a lot for normal daily life. Also, once serve cough comes, sometime, mom could not breath. In the past, my mom already saw many doctors, experienced many medical exam, treatment without significant improvement.Surprisingly,after 2 of Dr. Liu's sessions, my mom’s cough stopped and after another 6 sessions, my mother’s heath improved significantly and haven't been bothered by cough for the past 6 months. It is never been like that before. It is truly a miracle !!!
RID: 3648678
06/01/14 5 5 5 5 Fourteen years I suffered with neuromuscular pain. I saw mutitudes of Doctors, Physical Thereapist but no results were lasting until I tried acupuncture services with Dr. Lui. I had a serious fall from a ladder in 1998 and I tried to hold on with my left arm but the force of the fall tore my shoulder, arm, neck & back severly. Since treatment with Dr. Lui I am happy. Happy because I'm not dizzy, happy because I can breathe out of my sinuses, happy because my pain is gone, happy because I have a normal range of motion in my shoulder. I'm happy because I did the smart thing. I'm happy because I didn't allow myself to be afraid of a few needles. If you have any brains at all and if you're tired of pain then try Acupuncture. I fully endorse this therapy. I am Joe Kosmalski, I am a double Bachelor's Registered Nurse, Personal Trainer and a Massage Therapist and I'm completely satisfied with Acupuncture results.  Respond
RID: 3647618
04/01/14 5 5 5 5 I am shocked to read of the bad experience by a previous reviewer. Dr. Liu saved my life. For three years, I suffered from a general imbalance and sense of dizziness, with intermittent attacks of severe vertigo that made my life miserable. It was a daily struggle merely to get up and get to work. During those three years, I saw multiple neurologists and ear doctors, had several CAT scans and MRI’s, and went through physical therapy sessions designed to help the sense of imbalance most people were attributing to either atypical Meniere’s Disease (I had NO hearing loss) or an inner ear infection. No one could diagnose what was wrong, so they made up stuff. Mind you, I am skeptical about alternative medicine, but, figuring I had nothing to lose, I went to see Dr. Liu, who emphatically does NOT try to keep you coming to him; in my case, he told me to go away after fifteen sessions. He hurts, yes, but if you're suffering, but it's well worth it.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2704657
09/07/13 3 3 3 3 I had a very bad experience at Dr. Liu's office. I have great insurance coverage and was pushed to do multiple sessions that included everything, so the insurance company could be charged more. That included massage. After the first session, I requested not to have any massage done, but they insisted on doing it anyway. The third session, I again said I didn't want any massage, but Dr. Liu proceeded to do some with such strength that it gave me a headache. I am still sore from it 36 hours later. Dr. Liu also poked my stomach so hard trying to find "sore" places that he gave me bruises. Then he had the audacity to tell me I had to get used to being touched like that, when I made it clear I didn't like it! I was frankly shocked by this level of obtuseness and complete inability to listen to what the patient was saying. Maybe he was helpful for some people, but I bet they haven't tried other acupuncturists. The whole experience was horrible for me. I will not be going back.
See Responses
RID: 2449982
17/10/12 5 5 5 5 The best this side of the world I would not be able to function without dr.liu.. He has cured many ailments, I cannot take pain killers or muscle relaxers so I'm lost without his treatments he is a true miracle worker one who cares. And I've been to a lot of homeopathic healers. He is the best acupuncturist, I really believe in him any the only man I will pack in my suitcase or wait for, he is so caring, kind, and at times philosophical. A gift from the heavens. I go for acupuncture for his teas for all, natural is the best way to go..
RID: 1565004
19/10/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. Liu is an excellent specialist. He is helpful and ready to spend more time with the patient. It is easy to obtain an appointment and waiting time in the office is short. The staff is friendly. I had a neck injury and a pinched nerve. Dr. Liu fixed it in 7 1.5hr sessions. Thank you!
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 1483222
10/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Liu is a miracle worker! I suffered for 4 mos. with Vertigo - was told I had a virus which had to run its course by 3 MD's. It was getting worse & then I heard of Dr. Liu. After 2 treatments I began to improve,went for 3 more and am now HEALED. I am amazed as are my family and friends who knew what I was going thru. Dr. Liu is not only highly competent, but a kind and thoughtful gentleman. I would and have highly recommended him.  Respond
RID: 1413027
11/04/11 5 3 5 5 What a magician! Oh my goodness, he and his entire staff are absolutely amazing. Just what I need AND what I want! After only 2 weeks, I'm sleeping better, have a clearer head and MUCH more energy. I love you, Dr. Liu.
Insurance: United Healthcare