Dr. MICHAEL S. ABRAMS

Dr. MICHAEL S. ABRAMS

Rate Dr. MICHAEL S. ABRAMS

Dr. MICHAEL S. ABRAMS's Ratings

I have been going through the toughest time of my life. A relationship ended AND I lost my job. I completely bottomed out. He managed to help me see another way, one that helped me through it. He is very good at what he does.

Submitted April 25, 2014 | flag

I've seen Dr. Abrams quite a few times now and I am very pleased with the results. He is very understanding and I never feel like I am being judged by him. I look forward to seeing him for every appointment. I feel like I'm talking to a friend and not a psychologist. I will continue to see him on a regular basis!

Submitted Jan. 29, 2014 | flag

I was lucky to find him. A really nice man and he knew what to say and when to say it. I have only seen one other therapist but of the two he was by far better.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2013 | flag

My doctor told me that I needed to see someone because I appeared very upset and down. He suggested that I make an appt with Dr. Abrams. When I saw him he helped me a lot. He made me feel relaxed right away and was like a friend. I a doing much better. Thanks.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2013 | flag

I came during a very tough time, and he was like an old friend. I only saw him 3 times and it was all I needed. He's the man if you are having a crisis.

Submitted July 13, 2013 | flag

Helpful and did not seem to waste time trying to help me. I can recommend him with reservation and I would go back if I needed him.

Submitted July 4, 2013 | flag

I liked him a great deal. Decent man, helpful, paid attention, provided solutions. Recommended

Submitted May 20, 2013 | flag

He seemed to take a genuine interest in my problems and made concrete suggestions in the very first session. He was by far the most helpful doctor I saw since I became disabled.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2013 | flag

He practiced attachment therapy, did not inform me about what he was doing, what our therapy approach was, or his thoughts on what my problems consisted of or if I was doing better. He was not on time, often had "double booked". The only nice thing about him was he did not make me make up the difference from my insurance. But then again he wasn't helpful at all to me.

Submitted June 9, 2012 | flag

I've had OCD for many years. My current cocktail of meds-Paxil,Ativan and Remeron has helped some but I wanted to feel even better by trying cognitive therapy again. Because I have an atypical form of OCD,I haven't responded well to traditional cognitive therapy in the past. Once I sat down with Dr. Abrams, I knew that his approach was different. He used some other methods to get at the root of my phobia, that hadn't been used on me before. After several sessions, i've noticed a substantial improvement.

Submitted May 28, 2012 | flag