Dr. J. Bernard Cordoba

Dr. J. Bernard Cordoba

Rate Dr. J. Bernard Cordoba

Dr. J. Bernard Cordoba's Ratings

Dr. Cordoba has ALWAYS been there for me. When I was hospitalized with a serious physical condition he was constantly talking with my general doctor and specialist to make sure my medications were not being interrupted or contradicted by any given to me in the hospital. He knows exactly what he is doing. Every time after leaving his office I leave feeling wonderful about myself and with skills to use to learn how to help me myself. I can't say enough wonderful things about him. Quite frankly, he's the best in Austin and believe me, I've tried plenty. Thank you, thank you Dr. Cordova!

Submitted July 8, 2013 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Cordoba for over a year now and he is an excellent psychiatrist. He listens well and takes detailed notes so I never feel like I have to repeat myself. When I need refills he gets them processed as soon as possible. He even suggested a great pharmacy that has completely simplified my routine medication refills (with none of the typical complication or stress that I had with previous doctors/pharmacies in the past). While I wish he could take my insurance, I've never hesitated to pay out of pocket because the quality of service he provides is well worth the minimal inconvenience of having to file an out-of-network claim. All in all, I would recommend Dr. Cordoba to anyone looking for an attentive and caring psychiatrist in the Austin area. He has consistently met or exceeded my expectations which is a highly valuable quality to find in a doctor of any kind.

Submitted May 16, 2013 | flag

Dr. Cordoba has completely changed my life. I am so blessed to be his patient. I have been under his care for two years now and have never had such an amazing doctor. I live an hour away and I don't mind driving to see him at all but he offered to do phone sessions with me. He literally saved my life. I am forever grate for this kind, professional, good, and sincere man.

Submitted April 21, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Cordoba for over 20 years and I have never had a bad experience with him, in fact he has been the only doctor that I trust. He is up to date on medications and have helped me to find the medications that work for me. Dr. Cordoba has always been professional and always has known what medications that I am taking. As part of my treatment he always asks what are my symptoms are from my last visit, not just how I am feeling the day of my appointment. Dr. Cordoba always returns my call promptly and never makes me feel that I am bothering him. He takes time with me over the phone and at my visits. Dr. Cordoba has truly saved my life with his knowledge and care. Dr. Cordoba has been careful in prescribing all of the medication that were given to me. In the 20 years I have had to change medications and he is always trying to find the medication that helps me. I recommend him to everyone because of my 20 year experience with him.

Submitted March 28, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Cordoba on and off for 9 or 10 years. He has been knowledgeable, helpful, and flexible as my situation and conditions changed. I started seeing him in High School for ADHD and eventually for depression. He always explains the possible medications and what mechanism each uses to alleviate symptoms. He listens, and if he has the resources (a specific name of a colleague looking for interns for example) he shares it. It is my experience that he cares about each client, and for that I am willing to forgive occasional lack of punctuality. He has helped my family and me through a myriad of tough times and has been there with suggestions, praise, and support for each situation and how we handled it. I really appreciate Dr. Cordoba treating me as an intellectual equal, just because I have some neurotransmitter imbalances does not mean that I am stupid. I have been getting better, if I have an issue in the future I'll call him again.

Submitted March 8, 2013 | flag

It is with great sadness that I write this review. Please note this my opinion and is based on my experience. Dr. Cordoba is a nice person, but in my opinion, treated me with incompetence. He could never remember what medication he prescribed to me, he failed to follow up on medical conditions I have, and I believe he over-medicated me on multiple benzos. I have been advised by two other psychiatrists that I was over-medicated. As a result, I have been a zombie for a long time. I am just now getting my life back. I would never recommend anyone to Dr. Cordoba. Seeing him is one of the greatest regrets of my life.

Submitted March 5, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Cordoba for over 25 years. He has helped, supported, encouraged, listened, advised, laughed, and cried with me. I trust him with my life. He is always concerned and interested in my feelings regarding the medications he prescribes. He has always explained the medications to me and lets me know what new medications are available that could work better and allows me to participate in the decision making. He has always been understanding and patient with me and he responds to my needs with solutions that are heartfelt and considerate of my feelings at the time. He has always treated me with respect and every time I see him he tells me he is proud of me. I am very proud of him also and he is very well known and respected by the medical community. I would recommend him to anyone. Dr. Cordoba is a brilliant doctor and a wonderful man.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Cordoba for several years. He has always been professional, attentive, and caring. Last year was especially challenging due to a cancer diagnosis. Dr. Cordoba "went the extra mile" by returning calls quickly and spent extra time to make sure all my medication questions were answered. Having Dr. Cordoba's help during this difficult season has truely been a comfort.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2013 | flag

Dr Cordoba has treated my son since 2005 for a range of issues. Doc is the absolute best! Calming, reassuring, understanding....he reached through and connected with my son when other specialists had tried and failed.

Submitted April 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. Cordoba was referred to me by a family member of mine when she noticed that I was having problems with my mental health. Dr. Cordoba, after questioning me about how I was feeling was able to diagnose that I had depression. I was prescribed medication that changed my life. I know that Dr. Cordoba has saved my life. He has never hurried me and took time to make sure that he questioned me to ensure that he understood exactly what may be contributing to my mental health problems. Dr. Cordoba is a very caring doctor. He has shown interest in my life to help me achieve better mental health. He focuses on my health at every appointment and has never made me feel that he did not care about me. He is a true caring doctor. Dr. Cordoba is the most professional doctor I have seen. He maintains his professionalism as a doctor, but shows only that he really cares about me as his patient and an individual person. Dr. Cordoba always responds to my request for information from him very quickly.

Submitted March 28, 2012 | flag