Dr. Joseph A. Guzzo

Grad. Year: 1992

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Joseph A. Guzzo has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Cardiologist-related: heart disease, heart problems, artery disease, arterial disease, vein problems, stents, angioplasty, coronary artery disease
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5263895

16/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1  Respond
RID: 2556744
11/02/13 1 5 1 3 The staff came in and asked me if I drank eight cups of water a day, laughed at me when I said it depended on the day, and told me its no wonder I don't feel well. Dr. Guzzo came in and asked me what was wrong. He let me say about 5 words before speaking louder than me to tell me about all of his other patients who were worse off. He continued his rant without allowing me the chance to get a word in the entire time he was in the room. Finally he asked if I had questions. I tried to tell him what was wrong with me again, and again he interrupted and did not allow me to speak. So I ended up asking him to please listen. Instead, he raised his voice even more. He made me feel as if my health was insignificant because he has seen so much worse. I realize other people have very serious heart issues, but that does not make mine any less important, and on top of it all I ended up having a real issue, but it's as though he just shrugged it off because he has seen worse. I will not go back.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond
RID: 1006350
09/10/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Guzzo is a very good cardiologist and is very caring about his patients. He's been my cardiologist for almost 10 years. When I went to the hospital ER he was there to see what was going on with me. We trust him and like him as a person.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond
RID: 862882
16/04/09 1 3 1 3 Nurse verbally took my health history in a small room with other people (not staff) present and also recited my social security number aloud. Nurse was rushed and recorded my current medications and dosages incorrectly in computer; she also did not take my blood pressure. Doctor was abrupt and would ask a question, then interrupt me when I began answering...several times. My impression was that I had already been diagnosed prior to review of my health information or talking with me. Would not recommend for consultation. I will not be returning.  Respond