Rate Dr. James E. Ramseur

Dr. James E. Ramseur's Ratings

Best OB I've ever seen. While I was pregnant I had a bilateral pulmonary embolism. Dr. Ramseur made sure I saw the best hematologist. He also had my thyroid closely monitored because of my hypothyroidism. He was very patient with me (I was a nutcase) and always took time to explain things in a way that I could understand. I enjoyed my appointments and the staff was always very sweet and fun. Can't say enough great things about Dr. Ramseur and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2013

The good: He is very jovial and has great bedside manner. He takes time with each of his patients and never rushes through his appointments, adding to an overall feeling that he cares. He seems very knowledgable and has lots of experience. His back office/ nurse staff and great. He is very upfront about costs, and his billing lady is very helpful. He is very responsive when you call the emergency line and doesnt make you feel bad for doing it. The bad: his receptionist is hands down the worst I've encountered. He is always late, so plan on a long wait. There is not enough communication between the doctor and the staff making it hard to find out how far behind he is and thus arrive later (my work didnt like this). His emotions are transparent, so if he is upset about something else, you can kind of tell. Sometimes when answering questions, he is not direct enough leading to lack of clarity. Overall, I strongly recommend. My experience with him makes up for all the bad!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2012

The lady at the front who talks on the phone... She's extremely rude. She gives you a "why are you so dumb?" look as well as "I'm so irritated right now" voice if you make a mistake or ask questions. Why should I feel judged by the first face that is supposed to serve me and make me feel comfortable to see the doctor? I also noticed that she seems to take delight in the fact that appointments are so hard to get. Also, the waits are long for the appointments and within the office. The only and best thing about this office is Dr. Ramseur himself! He's friendly and very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2012

Superb. Knows his stuff. A most caring doctor and great person. Yeah, sometimes he's behind, but you also know when he's with you he takes the time needed to get you cared for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

I am 5 1/2 months pregnant and my experience with Dr. Ramseur has been great so far. He takes time to answer any questions I have and his staff is always on top of things even when I forget stuff. They always call me with test results and are always friendly. I had to wait a bit the first time I went to his office but the staff explained to me that he was called to the hospital due to an emergency. I understand that because I would want him to rush to my help if I need him. I chose Dr. Ramseur because he was recommended by many people as a great doctor for C sections and this is my third one. He's great with my kids as well and I always bring them with me to appointments. I've been very happy with him as my doctor and look forward to a great C-section in a few months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

I was always waiting at least 30 mins and he never answered any of my questions without becoming noticeably irritated. I left my last appt in tears because of how incredibly rude he was to me. He walked out on me because I inquired about some answers to lab work I had not seen yet. I switched drs at 25 weeks and got more information over the phone from my new dr reviewing my chart than I ever got from dr Ramseur. Would not recommend him. His front office staff was very rude and were always talking about patients and to patients on the phone in great detail in front of a waiting room full of people. Total hipaa violation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2011

AWESOME DOCTOR! I went to Dr. Ramseur for my 1st pregnancy and would go again in the future. He has a great bedside manner, is funny, and made me feel at ease right away. He never rushed me and answered all my questions. He is also VERY knowledgeable. He has been an OB for over 20 years and is the "go to" guy whenever there is a C-Section in the hospital because he is just that good. But he does NOT recommend or push C-sections on his patients that don't need them. He is sometimes running on time and other times I was kept waiting up to 1 hour, usually if he was in the hospital that morning delivering a baby. I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Love Dr. Ramseur. He is the best! Very knowledgable and great bedside manner. Not always on time but that is because he is out delivering babies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2010

I absoutely loved Dr. Ramseur. He is very attentive and understanding of your wants and needs. He took me in when I was in my 3rd trimester because I wasn't happy with my previous doctor. When we met he treated me as if we had been best friends. He is very kind and considerate. He never puts pressure on you to do something you are uncomfortable with unless it is absolutely necessary. Even then, he makes you feel like you are making the choice. I had to be induced and he would make sure that he came in to check on me at least twice a day (I was in labor for almost 2 days). He had to do an emergency c-section but he calmed me down and talked me through the entire process. I felt completely at ease and trusted him with everything. There could be no better doctor than him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2010

There are not enough good words to put into writing about Dr. Ramseur - I love this man!!! He delivered baby #3, #2 was delivered by his partner Dr. Lee (who I love as well)- In the 20plus years I have been going to this office the staff has remained consistant (no staff turn over speaks volumes to me) I've had some scary issues and Dr. Ramseur has let me cry laugh and carry on in his office and never once has he placed any kind of judgement. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Ramseur to the point where I have recommened him to more than a handful of my friends who switched docs to go to him and they all love him as well!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1997408].votes_count ]]