Rate Dr. Steven Streit

Dr. Steven Streit's Ratings

For twenty years I have been on treatment with other doctors and then Dr. Streit took me to the next level. I had been an avid jock before getting sick and couldn't exercise because I would have seizures or shakes after too much activity. It was horrible. Under Dr. Streit I am now able to exercise. His treatment protocol took me where I needed to go. Though I am not cured, I am a thousand times better and looking ahead! Thank God for Dr. Streit.

Submitted June 18, 2014 | flag

first appt to find out if I do have lyme or not. haven't had any positive tests so needed a doc to go over symptoms in detail, which he doesn't do. he does basic exam and looks at your intake form. he spent 15 min with me tops. doesn't speak much unless you speak to him. he ordered bloodwork for igenex and go back to get results in a month. 350 for a 15min appt.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2014 | flag

Ive been sick with Lyme and co infections for over 5 years and since on treatment with this dr i have been feeling better. Before him i have seen over 20 dr's for this and all who did treat me said i was not sick anymore and needed to see different specialist for fibromyalgia, depression, etc.... I have been sick since i was bitten by a tick... thats it. We need more dr's who are like this one!

Submitted April 15, 2013 | flag

I am so glad I found this doctor.I was practicully dying on my bed and unable to do a thing for myself and my newborn baby. after seeing about 15 docs who told me that I had parvo, fybromyalgia,ebstein barr and depression and just soaked me with head meds that i didnt need i finally made appt with him. it was my last hope.its been 5 months and i'm feeling like all is coming back to me, my sight, strenght,and all my heart arrythmias are gone. I said I wouldn't give up and it was all worth it.

Submitted April 8, 2013 | flag

Just had 2nd appt. and began treatment for lyme today. Dr. has a calm demeanor and confident but not at all cocky. Office staff is very nice and the overall climate of the practice is very calm; not like most other Dr's offices that I have been to where they seem to be frantic. Dr. Steve gave me a chance to seek a second oppinion but I have faith that he is the right Dr. for me so we began treatment. Time will tell but I have a good feeling about this. I have been sick for a long time and have been to many Dr's who blew me off and thought that I was nuts because of all of the crazy symptoms but Dr. Steve listened intently to me and assured me that it will stop here. I did get the Igenex testing done before hand which helped move the process on a little faster. I have not lost hope that I will get better!

Submitted Aug. 9, 2012 | flag

My insurance covers partially for visits and labs because we have big deductible and in-network and non-network providers. Dr. Streit and his staff are very helpful in getting the best value for patients in every respect, even cost of meds which might not be covered under insurance. Dr. Sreit and his staff are the only people who took my illness seriously since 1990s when I started having problems. Was told by all those other docs that I had fibromyalgia or it was my imagination. Treatment may take a few years and have ups and downs but patience is needed. I find that he really knows what he is doing and he has helped me the most of many docs since 1990s after much suffering. I am much better. If you ask him specific questions he will answer them and that is the key. Write down your concerns and bring them with you and he will answer them. He is also very good about answering phone calls if you have a problem between appointments. He is the most accomdating doc I have ever been too.

Submitted May 4, 2012 | flag

I am not really sure what to think about Dr.Streit to be honest.I have had Lyme for many years & went to another doc.I wanted to try someone different than my former doc bc he is going downhill w/his Lyme.Dr.Streit came recommended from a family friend who is a retired Lyme doc.I started going to him for my son bc I had the feeling that my son had Lyme (He does).I am used to a doctor that spent a lot of time with me.Dr.Streit spent about 15 min w/us.Not sure if he is hesitant to talk in depth in front of my son or if this is the way he is.The only thing that I am grateful so far for is that he did see us after we got very lost and ended up being an hour late for our 1st visit and that my son is being tx. Understand why 1st visit would be short but the 2nd one was not much longer.My old doc would spend an hour with me.The doc who recommended him to me spent a couple of hours with me.Well time will tell.He is polite has a calm demeanor.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr. Streit is the greatest doctor I have ever gone to. He is a true life saver. He listens, which is not something many doctors do these days. I trust him with my life. Any non-believers dont deserve a spot on his very busy schedule.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Streit is the first doctor out of many who finally took my Lyme diagnosis seriously. He listened to me and really cared. His treatment progressivley got aggressive and it is a hard road to recovery, but for the first time in a long time I finally feel somewhat normal again. I owe it all to him. If you have Lyme Disease and need an LLMD go see Dr. Streit!

Submitted Aug. 5, 2011 | flag

I have had lyme disease for over 30 years. My children were both born with lyme disease. This doctor is well studied, tries to move more in a holistic, herbal manner but isnt afraid to use pharms when he needs to. I would recommend this man to anyone who needs a doctor to just listen and then treat. He listens very astutely.

Submitted July 22, 2011 | flag