Rate Dr. Harvey Fracht

Dr. Harvey Fracht's Ratings

Dr. Fracht clearly explained the entire procedure I had in detail. He was spot on in informing what to expect. It was a pleasure dealing with someone as professional as he was and being provided a sincere feeling of security that I was in great hands

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Fracht was kind and caring in the treatment of my young son. He observed a condition unseen by my son's other health care providers and suggested additional testing. He was very thorough in his examination and knowledgable in the explanation of the condition and the necessity for further testing. I was very pleased that he recognized the need for further testing that was missed by my son's neurologist and his previous pediatric opthomologist. I have had my entire family see him for vision care. I would highly recommend his practice.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Harvey Fracht is one of the best doctors, his staff is very kind and friendly. I recommend their office.

Submitted June 14, 2013 | flag

This is the first time in 25 years that I can see out of my glasses.He knew what I needed. Dr.Harvey is the best.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2012 | flag

Dr. Fracht was wonderful both with my prk surgery and treating my dry eyes. I was legally blind prior to surgery and now i am glasses free.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2011 | flag

Without my knowledge/permission, Dr. Fracht initiated a letter to my rheumatologist (cc to a neurologist, no cc to me). He included a condition I never said I had and stated he informed my husband/me of two conditions I had (which were never mentioned or discussed with us). We had the distinct impression Dr. Fracht was unaware of information the Mayo Clinic and the NIH indicated were relevant to diagnosing an eye disease until we brought them up. We felt he was not up to date on relevant research/scientific literature. In his letter, he argued for what was going on "in his mind" as more significant than what available scientific literature on sites like PubMed states about non-invasive alternative means of diagnosis over invasive surgery (which doesn't always get the diagnosis right). Blue Cross used his letter to deny vascular disease testing relevant to the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of my condition. I will not return to this ophthalmologist in the future.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2011 | flag

Respectful, professional and knowledgeable. I am a doctor myself and I will choose Dr. Fracht for my eye care in the future again. BA

Submitted July 31, 2011 | flag

Dr. Fracht was very knowledgable and helpful. He treats his patients with respect, does not talk down to you, and knows his business very well. When I called one day at the end of the day after getting some debris in my eye, he stayed late to take care of my problem and charged only for a checkup visit. I'll continue seeing him for glasses/contacts and recommend him to friends and family.

Submitted April 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Fracht is a true professional and spares no effort to be sure that one's ophthalmic health is as good as it can possibly be. He is meticulous in explaining everything he is doing and the results of any tests that are done. I wish all of my physicians were as caring, compassionate, and expert as is Dr. Fracht. My entire family now sees Dr. Fracht and we are all thrilled to have him as our doctor. Previously, we saw ophthalmologists at Wills Eye and Scheie Eye and no one of the good doctors there measures up to Dr. Fracht in my opinion.

Submitted March 24, 2011 | flag

How refreshing to have a physician that genuinely cares about you and your condition. Dr. Fracht takes the time to talk with you, not at you, and is one of the most personable docs i've seen in a while.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2010 | flag