Rate Dr. David M. Frim

Dr. David M. Frim's Ratings

We travel from Michigan to see Dr. Frim. He is a man who restored my faith in doctors. I lost a baby in 1997 do to a lethal brain defect. In 1998 I gave birth to Emily. By ten months old we found out she had Syringomyelia and Tethered Cord Syndrome. The local doctors here told us they would not touch her until she had a loss of function. I started doing research and talked to a doctor in Boston, he referred me to Frim. I wanted someone who had studied at Harvard. It was the best decision I have ever made. Emily was in Chicago within two days to see him. In 2001, she had her untethering surgery. She was months away from losing function and possible issues with being able to even walk. Emily is now 16, and even though she is presenting with further issues, she would not be where she is today without him. Every email is answered within hours of sending it to him. There is nothing I would change. I trust so few doctors. Frim is there for Emily and for me. I will always thank God for him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Ok, so he may not be on time, and maybe you'll have to wait.... However, he is "THE BEST". I thank God for Dr. Frim every time I look at my son. He has had 3 other neuro's and they all misdiagnosed him, they gave me the keep him comfortable die speech, but not Frim! He saved my boy, and made liars out of them... The man is truly a blessing to my family and me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

extremely knowledgable, compationable. and very, very helpful. i've been a patient for 11yrs. now and would not see any other neurosurgen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2011

Dr. Frim saved out son. We were having shunt revision after shunt revision. Another major children's hospital down the road could not help my child and offered us no real support or solution. Dr. Frim did what this major hospital could not or would not do. Dr. Frim may take a long time to get in to see or may not return phone calls promptly, but I am fine with that, since he is busy saving as many people as he can! Would never go to another.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2011

I was Dr. Frim for tethered cord surgery. It's been 8 months after and he still answers any questions I have. Amazing doctor! The wait can be long so bring a book. He did explain that he can't say my pain will go away, but that we are preventing future problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

It took us over a year to get an appointment with Dr Frim . My son suffers from Chiari as well as Intracranial hypertension . We had great hopes and my son had surgery for the Chiari 18 months ago. I agree with the person above about Dr Frim seems to lose interest. Many times we have called his office asking what can we do next, because the surgery did not help my son at all, and calls go unreturned. Our hope has turned into a disappointment as our son now 16 lives the constant pain associated with the illness . It would be nice if his office would return our calls and at least tell us there isn't anything they can do. Don't get me wrong Dr Frim is a great guy with a wonderful "bedside manner". But I do feel they just give on some patients by handing them off to another Dr at UOC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

He is off the chain with God's help!!!!!!and we want to THANK HIM !!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr. Frim is our angel. He saved our daughter. She suffered horrible symptoms from Chiari, and we had seen other neurosurgeons that would not offer any help, but to throw heavy doses of medication at us. Dr. Frim and his staff were so thorough and knowledgeable, we were absolutely amazed. He offered us advice and options and was honest with my daughter in the most age appropriate way - she remembers just about every word he said to her. Dr. Frim performed decompression surgery on Leah, and it went perfectly. That was three years ago and she is still symptom-free. She is an active child, competitive gymnast, straight "A" student, and so happy. We owe her life to Dr. Frim.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2010

We waited hours to see this doctor after waiting for months and months for an appointment. When you call to get an appointment you have to jump through hoops to get said appointment. You have to take time faxing reports to him to prove you have the condition you say you do. Then you get an appointment when his office is good and ready to call you with one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Dr. Frim is a wonderful dr. I have my second decompression coming up, although my first with him. I feel completely comfortable about it only because he is my doctor. He does not pressure you one way or the other on surgery but does his best to make sure all your questions are answered. You will have to wait quite a long time to see him, but when you leave you feel like he took his time with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2002616].votes_count ]]