Rate Dr. Michael L. Nimaroff

Dr. Michael L. Nimaroff's Ratings

I had a consultation scheduled with Dr. Nimaroff. When I arrived at the office after leaving work early and arranging day care, I was informed that I had been "bumped." The receptionist said the someone had "probably tried" to call me. It appears that Dr. Nimaroff's office has a daily bump list and a different staff member is in charge of it each day. I walked out without rescheduling my consultation because I refuse to work with an office where it's acceptable to regularly bump patients.

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

Was told to go for a D&C. I am a breast cancer survivor who was on tamoxifen. He thought it would be good to get a good uterine sample because of the higher incidence of uterine cancer from the drug. Went to North Shore LIJ out patient facility to do the procedure. It had to be cancelled due to my blood pressure sky rocketing. Had to go to emergency room to get checked out- turns out I was fine. Maybe faulty machinery? Whatever- anyway, never got a follow up call from the doctor to see how I was doing- just a call from the staff to reschedule. How uncaring. Meanwhile, the cardiologist at the hospital and my regular doctor called me the next day to see how I was, but not him. Meanwhile, never had the procedure done and was told by my new obgyn after having non invasive sonograms, that he must have had his reason to want to do it but could not see any reason. My oncologist, not wanting to go against a collegue, said "he must have had his reasons".

Submitted Jan. 5, 2013 | flag

staff is terrible, they are incompetent and unreliable. i am looking for another physician due to this! ASAP

Submitted Sept. 10, 2012 | flag

I havent had my hysterectomy yet, however, I took steps to switch my doctor -despite how great i hear Dr. Nimaroff is, because of his incompetent office staff. First, I was put on hold 4 an extended period of time. Then in the beginning of July I called to follow up on my consultation.The person who answered the phone switched me to another staff members answering service whose outgoing message stated that she would be out of the office for 2 weeks!The outgoing message also stated that no one should leave a message because she isnt going to listen 2 the messages upon her return.She also stated that i should speak with another individual, in the office.I called back n was put on hold for 27 mins n then a "Nicole" or at least thats who she said she was, switched me back 2 the same answering service after I explained 2 her that her very own colleague was on VACATION -like she appeared to be mentally.I believe that a professional like Dr. Nimaroff should hire professionals 2 represent him.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2012 | flag

Dr. Nimaroff delivered both of my children, and is a wonderful man and terrific doctor. He's incredibly caring/comforting & knowledgeable and we will be sure to see him again if we are have another child.

Submitted April 23, 2012 | flag

I chose to visit Dr. Nimaroff based on his credentials and affiliation, as well as the positive reviews I read here. Unfortunately, my meeting with him did pto be the same. The day of my visit I was in a lot of pain and I did not know the cause at that time. As a new patient, I filled out numerous forms and completed an intake with his associate. Dr. Nimaroff seemed to ask all the same questions, and when I was answering, cut me off mid sentence, smirked the entire duration of my visit, repeatedly deferred care to my other doctor (which I told him was not an ob/gyn), and after a brief exam told me everything was fine. He told me he would call me with test results the next day and he did not. Shortly afterwards, I found out that I had actually ruptured an ovarian cyst that day. It is uncomfortable enough to go to the ob/gyn without having someone seemingly belittling you in that scenario - very poor bedside manner. I left his office in complete pain and feeling humiliated.

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Niamroff is been my Dr since 4-2011 and I LOVE HIM. He is caring, good bedside manner not to mention HANDSOME. He answered all my questions and made me feel very comfortable. All though is very hard to make an appointment and long wait in his office, he is TOTALLY worth. I can see myself seeing for a long time.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Nimaroff is the best Dr. He is the most compassionate and thoughtful person. I have been going to him for a little over 4 years now, 4 pregnancies under his care. He always called me back and trust me I called him alot due to complications. It may have taken him awhile, but you can't expect immediate attention, he handles the most urgent matters 1st. He never steered me wrong, he was always right and so comforting during difficult times. When you are under the care of one of the best doctors in the NY area, you have to figure he is going to be very busy. Robin is amazing and has always been so professional and helpful, so I am not sure where that comment comes from. Dr. Nimaroff only surrounds himself with great people. :)

Submitted July 31, 2009 | flag

Dr. Nimaroff is a very highly skilled physician as well as a caring and compassionate person. I have never had a problem with him returning my phone calls. I agree that he is always running late. However, I feel that when I do finally get to see him that I have his undivided attention. I recommend him highly.

Submitted June 27, 2009 | flag

I have mixed feelings. actually. I LOVED him as a surgeon. He was awesome. I think he should just be a surgeon. I don't think he has enough time to do call backs for test & discuss matters that need to be discussed over the phone. He leaves test results to Robin who is a horror show. She is'nt pleasant & never returns messages. Getting in touch with her is a nightmare & you will purposely be put into voice mail only to sit there for all of eternity. As far as Dr Mike being late. NO gynos are on time & he is well worth it. I just feel that theres no follow up when there needs to be. You get the if you dont hear from me call for your results. YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO CALL FOR RESULT & RARELY IS IT AN EAST TASK. I am wondering if you tested positive for cervical cancer & didnt call yourself...if you would eventually die.

Submitted June 17, 2009 | flag