Dr. Andrew Seal

Rate Dr. Andrew Seal

Dr. Andrew Seal's Ratings

An Amazing Surgeon - excellant follow up also. An A-1 Doctor

Submitted Feb. 24, 2013 | flag

When I first saw Dr. Seal, I had had a very painful injury plaguing me for the previous 6 months. His advice to me, at the conclusion of the appointment, was to rest for 4 weeks and then see him again. At this, I was skeptical. Over the 6 months I had been injured, I invariably had periods of rest, and since my injury had steadily gotten worse, this clearly wasn't the answer. However, I fought back my skepticism, and after 4 weeks of rest returned to him. At this meeting, he took a somewhat quick look at it, talked for a few minutes, and then told me his solution: to start playing sports again, and it should get better. This was the point in which my uncertainty gave way to anger. I had been playing sports for the last 6 months and it clearly hasn't gotten better, what makes him think this next month will be any different! Needless to say, it has been 2 weeks since that visit and my injury has gotten nothing but worse. I somehow doubt that any future appointments will go any better.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2012 | flag

Intestinal surgery resulted in hip bruise, head injury, and crushed artery in my leg.Almost lost leg, now have no feeling any longer.Intestinal surgery was failure, resulted in permanent pain and unable to go outside any longer.Lost my house/savings, now on CPP Disability. Tried to see a couple other doctors, but Dr.Seal called each one when they requested my surgical records and they told me they felt threatened and recommened I go to the states and pay for one, as I won't be helped here anymore. Medical records are falsified, last one I got showed "patient requested intestinal surgery, done, no issues" "patient requested leg surgery, done, no issues" Has lied throughout post op experience about what happened, then his staff called my family doctor and had him enter I had alopecia, not head injury...etc, etc. ....P.S. His office contacts this site and has negative posts removed.Good surgeon I've heard, but when he screws up, he will push you out the window and look the other way

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

Among the finest surgeons in Canada. I am a colleague and a patient. You will find none more compassionate or skilled than Andrew Seal. Thankfully he has institutionalized these gifts as a mentor and professor through UBC. We all wish him the best as he retires.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2010 | flag

Had hernia surgery done by him. Thought the surgery went flawlessly, however was left a bit confused about recovery, took a couple of phone calls, but I eventually had the answers I needed.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2009 | flag

Excellent Dr. Great bedside manner and so caring. Treated me like I was one of his own children and came to all my exams(xray, ct,scopes, and other procedures to see the results himself) I would recommend him to anyone and wish there were more doc's like him.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2009 | flag

I cant thank Doctor Seal for the priceless gift of my sons life. I got the call every parent dreads early in the morning. My son had been stabbed in the abdomen in a random act. He was rushed to St Pauls hospital were Dr. Seal was called in to due emergency surgery. The quick action of the paramedics ER staff at St Pauls and Dr Seal and his surgical team are truley the reason my son is here today. I cant thank all involved for the proffesional care and treatment he received. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

Submitted May 5, 2009 | flag

My GP recommended Dr. Andrew Seal, saying he would want him for his own surgery. Dr. Andrew Seal's first consultation with me was friendly and very informative. He explained every aspect of the surgery. I was in for my Inguinal Hernia repair operation withinn two weeks. He made me feel relaxed from the start. Great bedside manners.I was out the same day of surgery and three weeks later I can hardly see a scar. I would never hesistate to have surgery done by him again. His nurse Grace is very friendly and personable. Her patient skills makes you feel like you've known her for years. Thanks Andrew and Grace for taking great care of me. I knew from the start I was in great hands. Thanks to all the medical staff at St. Pauls Hospital day surgery for the great care given me. I love you all!!! Bill Mooney, Vancouver, B.C.

Submitted March 19, 2009 | flag

Fantastic Doctor. Constructed me a fantastic j-pouch from my small intestine effectively curing my ulcerative colitis. i have no symptoms of disease whatsoever. i am very happy. he's such a great guy too I feel like i want to ask him out for brunch just to chat. that would be an interesting brunch.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2009 | flag

Dr. Seal was an excellent choice for my hernia surgery. The entire process, from initial contact, the surgery and follow up were all performed in a professional and kind manner. His medical secretary, Grace was also most helpful. Most impressed with St. Paul's entire operating crew and pre and post op care.

Submitted March 19, 2008 | flag