Dr. MARCUS J. HOCHSTETLER

Doctor (DOCTORATE CLIN PSYCH)

Location:
Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. MARCUS J. HOCHSTETLER has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychologist-related: counseling, psychological trauma, psychological problems, mental illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "MARCUS" to "MARCUS J."
RID: 2700561
04/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hochstetler was supportive and insightful into where I was during the 3 years I was able to work with him (until my insurance changed). I was very ill and in crisis on many fronts when I came to him. He was encouraging. He respected me no matter what I said or did; it was a safe place. Dr. Hochstetler was accepting of my weaknesses as a person, but he helped me learn not to be content in those weaknesses. I'm still not sure how he accomplished this predominantly by listening.... I had to call him more than once during an ongoing crisis and he made me able to step back and see obstacles as those that could be overcome. Just knowing I could call him helped me immensely. His work with me was an important part of my recovery and my time working with him was well spent. I am hesitant to give recommendations for therapists, because it is so important, but I would recommend him.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2452071
19/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr H was ta total blessing at the worst time in my life. Very kind , professional and helpful in my time of need.Thank You, Dr. H  Respond
RID: 2426523
17/09/12 5 5 5 5 Very caring, experienced and effective therapist. Was able to help me help myself in a very understanding and kind way.
Paid (or co-pay): $80
RID: 2358576
13/07/12 4 5 5 5 I saw two other therapists before Dr. Hochstetler and he was by far the most competent and helpful. My wife and I were having problems and he interviewed us separately and took the time to hear both sides of what we were going through. The other therapists just listened and made generic comments, but Dr. H really was able to understand what was happening between us and help us to change how we related to each other. His experience and training were heads and tails above the other two professionals I saw.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1665276

19/12/11 4 4 2 2 TERRIBLE!! STAY AWAY!! At initial interview did not conduct an interview or a questionaire-to see what treatments or medications I was taking! Therefore the sessions were never geared toward solving my actual problems! He would just take notes regarding my medications' side effects and not actual problems. He also gave advice to me on dosages for medications, and later denied stating this--since he admitted that he was not authorized to give advice about medications, since he was not a Psychiatrist, this resulted in my condition becoming extremely worse!! PLEASE DO NOT SEEK HELP FROM THIS DOCTOR.
Insurance: Pacificare