Dr. Galen H. Fisher

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Galen H. Fisher has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does he have other locations besides forest ave?    Email me    Answer it

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.5
RID: 3576844
22/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr.Galen Fisher MD is just simply brilliant. I had skin cancer removed by the MOHS procedure on the face. I choose this doctor because of his credentials and the fact he was trained by the best in this field. Dr. Fisher uses the newest and best Laser technology available (CO2 and Fraxel). Amazing results!! You cannot tell I ever had anything done to my face. Not all Dermatologist have these Lasers. Dr. Fisher also repaired another surgical scar I had incurred from another doctor and had been trying for years to fix but could not. No more scars. Dr. Fisher is brilliant, caring and professional. This doctor gave me back my life. I give Dr. Galen Fisher MD and his staff a 5 star in all categories. Hope this review can help someone else.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2391349
02/08/12 5 5 5 5 After having a very bad experience elsewhere with the removal and repair of a skin cancer on my face, someone recommended I see Dr. Galen Fisher. I am so glad I did. He put me right at ease the first visit and his bedside manner is wonderful. He makes you feel that he has plenty of time for you and that your care is really important to him. Upon looking at my face he said he thought he could make it better. HE HAS INDEED! I am so very pleased with what he has done and we aren't quite finished. I hope at the end of my treatment I can show a before and after picture because sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, in this case that would be true. There is not enough space to allow me to say all that I could about my wonnderful experience with Dr. Fisher and his staff. They all work as a "GREAT TEAM". Everyone I have dealt with in that office has been extremely courteous and helpful in every way. Nothing but an A+ will do for this group!  Respond
RID: 1782414
22/03/12 5 5 5 5 Wonderful doctor. Extremely talented in his field. I had basal cell carcinoma on nose. Dr. Fisher performed Moh's with flap procedure to repair. I saw my regular dermatologist a couple of weeks later, he could not believe how great it looked. He threw his hands up and said he was amazed, that Dr Fisher did an excellent job. I have had two laser treatents since procedure Sept. 27, 2011 and now do not need makeup to cover. Went back last week with suspicious place on face. Got appt. quickly. I was extremely nervous and the staff and Dr. Fisher could not have been more compassionate and supportive. I have had cataract surgery since Moh's surgery so very overwhelmed. Performed biopsy and it is precancerous and I will be getting light treatment after 7 days of topical creme on face. I am am so blessed to be Dr. Fisher's patient. I had heard he was a perfectionist and the best around. It is true. He is awesome. It is very reassuring to know I am in such good hands. J Jones
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1475982
29/06/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor. I had Basil Cell and he was very kind and professional. I could not have asked for a nicer doctor.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1466025
16/06/11 5 5 5 5 I admit that I am often reluctant to go to local doctor in the Richmond area feeling that the best people are probably at UVA, or Johns Hopkins or somewhere else. If this notion has any credibility at all it is certainly false when it comes to Dr. Fisher. He's Duke and NIH trained (among his many other impressive training experiences) and most obviously a brilliant young man. Despite his lofty credentials he's a down to earth fellow who knows how to treat people. Indeed, in my case he came in on his day off to treatment me. Who has ever heard of that in this day in age? I could not have been more impressed with the quality of the care or the character and professionalism of the caregiver. I firmly believe that I could not have gotten better treatment anywhere!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1462021
10/06/11 4 4 5 5 This included my some towards my deductible, co-pay and 20% of my surgery and 2 laser treatments. Dr. Fisher did an excellent job removing a basil cell carcinoma from my face right beside my nose. He did a reconstructive type surgery to cover the deep whole he had to remove. Today (5 mos. later) you can't tell I had 30 stitches in my face! It looks better than it did before the surgery.
Insurance: MAMSI
RID: 1373039
26/02/11 2 3 2 2 Treatment did not help and could not get a follow up appt with doctor  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user