Dr. John L. Bard

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 1.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 2 reviews. Dr. John L. Bard has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "John" to "John L."

26/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "ST. JOSEPH" to "Benton Harbor"
RID: 1147449
12/04/10 4 2 1 2 After insisting something was wrong, he actually said "if I check you will you shut up?" I should have walked out then. Guess what, I was right. I ended up being on HOSPITAL bedrest for 3 weeks at the specialist and delivered 11 weeks early. No thanks to him.
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
Respond
RID: 848298
31/03/09 2 5 2 2 I was concerned about the possibility of developing postpardum depression when my son was born as I have a long history of clinical depression and knew I had a high risk of it. When I asked Dr. Bard about this, instead of giving me real information about my risk factor and symptoms I should be looking for, he gave me a long "Tom Cruise-esque" lecture about how postpartum depression is mostly a woman having a hard time coping with changes in her life and a sign she needs a better support system rather than being a hormonal health issue. I felt berated and belittled by this, and was shocked that a person in position could hold those beliefs. I made sure to seek information elsewhere, and I'm glad I did because I did go on to experience this very real depression.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield