Rate Dr. John L. Bard

Dr. John L. Bard's Ratings

After insisting something was wrong, he actually said "if I check you will you shut up?" I should have walked out then. Guess what, I was right. I ended up being on HOSPITAL bedrest for 3 weeks at the specialist and delivered 11 weeks early. No thanks to him.

Submitted April 12, 2010 | flag

I was concerned about the possibility of developing postpardum depression when my son was born as I have a long history of clinical depression and knew I had a high risk of it. When I asked Dr. Bard about this, instead of giving me real information about my risk factor and symptoms I should be looking for, he gave me a long "Tom Cruise-esque" lecture about how postpartum depression is mostly a woman having a hard time coping with changes in her life and a sign she needs a better support system rather than being a hormonal health issue. I felt berated and belittled by this, and was shocked that a person in position could hold those beliefs. I made sure to seek information elsewhere, and I'm glad I did because I did go on to experience this very real depression.

Submitted March 31, 2009 | flag