Rate Dr. Maurice D. Prendergast

Dr. Maurice D. Prendergast's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Prendergast since 1981, and with all my travels and relocations through-out Western Pa., I still have him as my doctor. An hour drive is worth having such a caring doctor. The confidence I have in his abilities and his caring nature has never waivered. Great doctor. Great person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730842].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2009

This rating is not about this doctor's abilities, but rather his poor judgement/practices. A relative had surgery performed by another doctor that was badly botched. As a result, my relative filed a lawsuit. When Dr. Prendergast learned of this, he dropped my relative as a patient because the surgeon was his friend. This is a true story, and this is the exact reason Dr. Prendergast gave my relative for releasing them as a patient. Very unethical in my opinion and it says alot about him as a person - which directly affects his performance as a doctor. This man clearly does not care about his patients. My relative was a patient for many years - and had what they felt was a great relationship with Dr Prendergast. Yet, he dropped my realitve because they had the nerve to sue a friend of his for malpractice. The botched surgery was corrected by another surgeon - my relative is now fine. Do you want a doctor that will drop you if you do something that makes him mad?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Prendergast is probably the best doctor at this practice. He is both knowledgeable and helpful. He takes the time necessary to make a complete diagnosis or evaluation. He also checks back on his patients - a practice not seen much of these days. Also, be advised that he is not afraid tell you things that you don't want to hear - like if you need to lose weight, quit smoking or stop a particular medication. However, his direction is never in a scolding tone - always concerned and caring. This is a good doctor and I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][730840].votes_count ]]