Dr. Maurice D. Prendergast

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 3 reviews. Dr. Maurice D. Prendergast has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.2

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Maurice" to "Maurice D."
RID: 999851
01/10/09 4 3 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Prendergast since 1981, and with all my travels and relocations through-out Western Pa., I still have him as my doctor. An hour drive is worth having such a caring doctor. The confidence I have in his abilities and his caring nature has never waivered. Great doctor. Great person.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 809531
04/03/09 2 1 2 5 This rating is not about this doctor's abilities, but rather his poor judgement/practices. A relative had surgery performed by another doctor that was badly botched. As a result, my relative filed a lawsuit. When Dr. Prendergast learned of this, he dropped my relative as a patient because the surgeon was his friend. This is a true story, and this is the exact reason Dr. Prendergast gave my relative for releasing them as a patient. Very unethical in my opinion and it says alot about him as a person - which directly affects his performance as a doctor. This man clearly does not care about his patients. My relative was a patient for many years - and had what they felt was a great relationship with Dr Prendergast. Yet, he dropped my realitve because they had the nerve to sue a friend of his for malpractice. The botched surgery was corrected by another surgeon - my relative is now fine. Do you want a doctor that will drop you if you do something that makes him mad?
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 734547
02/12/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Prendergast is probably the best doctor at this practice. He is both knowledgeable and helpful. He takes the time necessary to make a complete diagnosis or evaluation. He also checks back on his patients - a practice not seen much of these days. Also, be advised that he is not afraid tell you things that you don't want to hear - like if you need to lose weight, quit smoking or stop a particular medication. However, his direction is never in a scolding tone - always concerned and caring. This is a good doctor and I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield