Dr. Lance A. Markbreiter

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Lance A. Markbreiter has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5589158
30/06/14 2 1 1 1 I fractured my right elbow in June of 2012 and went to Markbrieter. He immobilized it and when I asked if physical therapy was recommended he brushed it off and just said that it would heal naturally. After about one month I noticed that when I tried to throw a ball I was experiencing significant pain in my right shoulder. I returned and questioned him regarding the pain and he flippantly said it was just symptomatic of the elbow fracture and that it would correct itself with time. The pain continued, although less in severity, for the next 2 years, and upon consulting with another ortho I got an MRI. I now find out that there is a significant tear in the rotator cuff that , due to the time since the injury, has little hope of repair, as the tendon in need of repair has retracted into the shoulder, and a probability of arthritis in the future.  Respond
RID: 5176931

13/02/14 1 1 1 1 This man made me feel like a customer at McDonalds, not only did he keep facts hidden from me by lying to my face, he messed me up and I had to another ortho surgeon to correct his work, his staff is was not the most friendly, he spent very little time with me in the exam room, he refused to provide me basic care which would have avoided complications from his negligence all in order to save the Insurance company a few dollars. His office was always crowed, I had to wait over an hour for each visit, multiple times, and when he did see me in the exam room, it was too short. I would not let this man near me if he was the last ortho surgeon on Earth
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Lance" to "Lance A."
RID: 2665284

29/05/13 1 1 1 1 Nothing but a prostitute for the insurance company!!!!! I recently sued my former landlord for a broken ankle injury and he was the doctor that the defense hired to represent them. He accused me of having heart problems which I do not have. He lied and said there was nothing wrong with my ankle and I have a metal plate and a screw that were put in because it was broken in 2 places. He didn't even examine me properly by measuring my ankles and comparing the injured ankle to the non-injured one. He also tried to blame my decreased mobility on an old knee injury from 7 years ago that has healed. He called me obese because I exercise regularly in a pool and on an exercise bike and I am solid because I have muscle. He was rude, obnoxious and lied through his teeth for the insurance company. Horrible!!!!  Respond
RID: 2650616

16/05/13 2 1 1 1
RID: 2542059

26/01/13 3 2 1 1 He is not only arrogant but disrespectful and rude. I have never met a more chauvinistic doctor in my life. Thinks he knows it all and will bash your other doctor. Opinionated, dogmatic with his opinions about other doctors, narrow-minded, egotistical, lack of respect for his patients, and will give you a false and fallacious diagnosis despite what the test results show.
Respond

05/08/12 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2243389
13/06/12 3 2 1 1 I presented for hammer toe surgery on a single digit and when I woke after surgery, I found pins in 4 of my 5 toes. Subsequent to the surgery, my toes curled again and much worse, 8 years later my foot structure has totally collapsed. I cannot walk comfortably even with multiple attempt at different orthotics. I may have to undergo surgery again. He is the worst and rude to boot!
RID: 1721631
24/02/12 3 3 1 1 This Dr. claimed to know it all and he maimed my foot for life. Had to have reconstructive surgery after he finished what he thought was a "simple procedure". I would not send a dog to this man.
RID: 1359599
10/02/11 2 5 5 5 Dr. Markbreiter repaired multiple fractures and torn ligaments in my right foot about ten years ago, when other surgeons didn't want to touch it, except perhaps to amputate. He was very friendly and outgoing, though the front desk was quite the opposite. He did botch the removal of the screws, though, and tried to blame that on me, accusing me of walking without my cast, which I found irksome. He was also very... reserved (I want to say stingy), regarding pain management. I still hurts quite a bit, much of the time, even after all these years, but on the other hand, the foot is still attached to my ankle, so I really can't complain. All in all, I was satisfied with his services.
RID: 1175133
23/05/10 3 3 1 1 This Dr is rude,does not present the truth,I was scheduled for a car accident review I was on pain medication at the time when I asked who he represented,he told me another company name then recorded it all without my consent. Stay away from him or you will regret it,Now thats the Truth
RID: 971902
25/08/09 2 3 1 3 The Doctor was condescending and brusque. He did not tell me that if he drained my elbow he may have to do it again. The next day, it was back to where I started. I called to speak to the doctor, but I was told he would only pass answers through his secretary. One if them told me he would "probably" tell me that it would not be unusual to have to drain it twice. The other one told me he said that it may require surgery. Both seemed taken aback that I would dare ask a question. Either way, the answer is another billable visit.  Respond
RID: 729310
24/11/08 5 5 5 5 Possibly the best orthopedic doctor who takes time to explain in detail and actually cares and gives you a sense of comfort and he also puts your mind at ease. He replaced my ACL and repaired my Meniscus I would recomend him to anyone who needs any type of knee surgury although he is a foot specialist his expertise goes beyond that. He is genuine and a great person to deal with.
RID: 559222
06/04/08 5 4 5 5 Doctor Markbreiter saved my ankle after others failed.....He has excellent bedside manner and is always happpy to answer my questions...
RID: 425570
07/10/07 5 4 5 5 Dr. Markbreiter corrected my hammertoes and my bunion which was previously operated on by a different doctor. I am very happy with his surgical treatment. I had very little pain and a nice cosmetic outcome
RID: 423572

03/10/07 4 4 5 5 I think Dr. Markbreiter is the best! He's very caring and has a wonderful sense of humor and a good bedside manner. He was very compassionate and genuinely cared about me as a person, not just a number or a piece of meat. He's excellent!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 416489
21/09/07 4 4 5 5 Wonderful doctor who probably saved my wife's toe from ambutation by performing delicate surgery. He also removed a cyst from my hand and there were no problems whatsoever.
RID: 306631
02/05/07 3 2 2 Highly touted foot surgeon- foot is now worse than prior to surgery- did not do bunion though charged for bunionectomy and hammar toes are more hammared- took no responsibility- "surgery is an inexact science"- cannot wear normal female shoes- new foot has produced back problems and hip problems- need it fixed again but fear return to make it right as did not do it right the first time
RID: 46166

19/09/06 5 5 5 I saw the doctor 5 years ago for a back problem. It wasn't until I called him on an emergency of what I thought was pinched nerve that I realized how great he is. He immediately had me come in and did some tests. Without scaring me and telling me it was MS causing the tingling in my arm and wrist, he sent me to neurologist that day. If it wasn't for his call, I wouldn't have caught it so early. He is extremely personable and compassionate.
Insurance: HealthPartners
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 26258
24/03/06 4 5 5 Wonderful bedside manner and a very good doctor all in all. He did ankle surgery for me about 3 years ago and my results were wonderful..i just recently started seeing him again for other problems and again he is amazing. Very friendly and genuinly cares about your aches and pains and wants to help in any way that he can.
* - Rating left by a registered user