Rate Dr. Cecil Long

Dr. Cecil Long's Ratings

The doctor only sees you once or twice, most of the work and decision making seems to be done by nurses and nurse practitioners, you see a different nurse practitioner every time so there is no continuity of care. A different on call doctor does procedures if on call so seeing Dr long does not mean you really seeing him. It seems they follow a protocol which means no individual care. Not every one wears a #7 shoe. Some of the NPs know nothing about your case and seem to just fill formalities by BS talk. On the fly decision making seem to be done by NPs and not doctors which is bad for a time sensitive process. The online data from CDC shows the live birth success for the physician at less than 30 % across all the ages, and its particularly less than 20 % above 35. Which means if toss a coin you will win every 5th or 6th time. However, they hand you a pamphlet which seem to imply 60 % success rate. The doctor is very nice and courteous but so are snake oil sellers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

After 8 years of infertility, including 7 miscarriages, 2 pre-term labors, failed inseminations and multiple failed IVF--traveling all over the country to see the "best" fertility specialists, we met Dr. Long. As I type this, I hear my twin daughters playing in the background, and I have tears in my eyes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][733631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2011

After years of seeing OB/GYN after OB/GYN and enduring surgeries and loss we finally sought the help of Dr Long and the ART Fertility Program of Alabama...Dr Long is amazing! He is such a kind and compassionate person and will do whatever it takes for success, and will sit down and discuss at length any concerns you may have. I would recommend him to anyone trying to have a baby! We wasted over 5 years with Dr's telling us there was nothing wrong and he had it figured out in the first few visits! We are now expecting our miracle baby in January thanks to Dr Long!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][733630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

I love Dr. Long! I left my previous RE and started seeing Dr. Long on 3/31/11 and I got my BFP on 4/25/11. He is so compassionate, yet aggressive with treatment. I would highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][733629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Wonderful doctor. Helped me when my primary doctor couldn't. Immediately found the problem and corrected it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][733628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Dr. Long is a wonderful, caring infertility specialist. He is dedicated to his patients' success and extremely compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][733627].votes_count ]]