Dr. Simon K. Lo

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Simon K. Lo has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5312608

27/03/14 3 3 2 1 he or his fellow perforated my colon during a "routine" colonoscopy. five weeks later, in my opinion, my health and quality of life are ruined.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

13/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2

03/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "LOS ANGELES" to "West Hollywood"
RID: 2630174
29/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Lo is very knowledgeable. He and his staff are very caring and take as much time as necessary to explain things and answer questions. I was gravely ill when I was taken to Cedars-Sinai and, through his excellent care, my life was saved. I cannot sing his praises enough!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1509395
10/08/11 5 4 5 5 Great Dr. Very kind/caring/knowledgeable. Very busy but manages time and information.
RID: 1479772
05/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lo saved my life. He is an amazingly humble man who is a medical genius. Without his one of a kind medical technique, I would have died from a bilary stricture. He never gives up. He kept trying and trying till he was successful. I spent over 2 months in another hospital where they had no clue what to do. I would perished there. He is a wonderful man. His staff is top notch. They helped me from filling out paperwork to letting me cry on their shoulders when I was I was scared about another procedure. He is the best in the business. This man teaches his tech and instrumentation to other doctors from all over the world. Hes the BEST!
RID: 1433515
05/05/11 4 4 5 5 If you have a complicated pancreatic problem this is the guy you want to see!He saved my life. end of sentance. He is a dedicated practitioner who uses endoscopic surgery to deal with the pancreas. (cleared my pancreatic duct and drained a psuedo cyst that had 750ml of fluid) I highly recommend he and his team I was in two other hospitals before I saw him, and they were in over their heads!
RID: 1078951
14/01/10 5 5 5 5 When I last saw Dr. Lo about 2004, before I moved back to my home state, his reputation was outstanding. He was rated by other doctors as being among the top doctors in his specialty and all doctors in the entire country. This brings me to the conclusion that your rating system is flawed, by the mere fact that anyone can enter an opinion that will be recorded, whether or not the individual has ever seen the doctor being rated.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 803794
02/03/09 3 1 1 1 RUN! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! He is way too fast to want to operate. His solution to EVERYTHING is operate. His bedside manner is the worse I've ever seen! He operated on me when it wasn't necessary. And when the procedure didn't go as planned refused to see me, explain what had happened to my waiting family, and visit me while I stayed in the hospital for over a week. Run!
Insurance: Aetna