Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 21/05/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 27 reviews. Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5673174
23/07/14 5 5 5 5 As a Registered Nurse, I only choose the very best of Medicine for my needs. Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein is the very best. I came to see Dr. Goldstein in agonizing pain that required a Microdiskectomy on June 5th of this year. His compassion and extraordinary skill far exceeded my expectations. Quickly out of bed in the recovery room I was totally free of the pain that I had endured for several months. My problem had changed my personality and took the joy from my life. All have been restored by this truly skilled Physician. I am eternally grateful. Physicians have a job to do just as in any profession, caring about what you do somehow becomes a mundane task. It is a rare individual who continues in his profession/ job with continued vigilance, a continued ability to care. Dr. Goldstein has maintained his high standard of care. He is truly a Physician who revers the skill he has been given and readily transports his skill to all of those under his care with verve. May God bless him always.
RID: 5176599
13/02/14 5 5 5 5 First, Dr. Goldstein was polite with a professional manner. He asked detailed questions and ordered diagnostic tests immediately. He arrived at a diagnosis and recommended a surgery. I felt confident in his assessment and proceeded with the surgery. The surgery was a major lower-back surgery that included replacing the lower lumbar disk between the fourth & fifth vertebrae, and a fusion of the spine. This was both a post & anterior surgery procedure. Dr. Goldstein performed the surgery on January 7th, 2014 along with Dr. Nalbandian (Vascular surgeon). I was in the hospital for 4 days (Tuesday to Friday). There was normal post-operative discomfort, but was controlled with medication. I returned to work (office) on Monday, Jan 27th, and was able to fly to San Francisco on Feb. 3rd. My experience was excellent, everything Dr. Goldstein told me was accurate, I feel great, my back pain is gone, the Hosp. for Jt. Disease was excellent, and I would highly recommend Jeff Goldstein.
RID: 2770702
15/08/13 4 4 5 5 I had an extruded disc and was in pain every day for four months. I went to pain management docs and physical therapy. Nothing really helped. Some of my many docs were against my having back surgery. Dr. Goldstein was fantastic. My initial pain was gone right after surgery. I still needed my cane and PT for 6-8 weeks, but surgery was the only thing that engendered progress. Without Dr. Goldstein, I would still be stooped over and in pain. He got me back to normal when none of the conservative treatments worked. My PT who was initially against surgery said I was lucky to have a great surgeon. She was that impressed with my progress. I would highly recommend Dr. Goldstein.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 2764515
12/08/13 4 5 5 5 I suffered with spinal stenosis and severe sciatica for three years. I endured physical therapy and epidural injections with no relief. As a registered nurse, i was extremely hesitant to have back surgery. I researched Dr. Goldstein and found him to be top in his field. I had a diskecomy, hemilaminectomy and facetectomy. Three weeks later i am vacationing in atlantic city completely pain free. Prior to surgery, i could not walk two blocks without severe pain and having to bend over to relieve it. I am now walking up to three miles a day, pain free. He is a miracle worker. I can't believe how great i feel. He is a talented, knowledgeable surgeon. My only regret is that i didn't do this sooner.
RID: 2752890
03/08/13 4 4 5 5 I tried conservative treatment for spinal stenosis and spondylolesthisis for 6 months after I first had bilateral sciatica. When I decided to pursue surgery I saw 3 surgeons. Dr Goldstein was the 3rd. I ultimately chose him because of his outstanding CV, the world class facility in which he operated (NYU Hospital for Joint Disease), and for the practical, objective and informative first meeting we had with him. A bonus is his office in Newburgh, much easier than NYC for follow up visits from my Dutchess Cty home. I had a 2 level lami/fusion, and recovered successfully from the first hours post-op. Dr G's team included a pain management specialist post op, and a physiatrist I have seen during recovery. At 8 weeks post op, I am moving toward a fully active life, which was my goal. I can resume my yoga practice and I am almost completely pain free.....I am grateful to Dr G for being a partner in healing, and I have already made several referrals to him.
RID: 2694934
26/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein is simply the best Orthopedic Surgeon to have. I adore Dr. Goldstein and his medical team. The surgery on lumbar spine L3 - L5 was a complete success and restored my active life style. Also very impressed with the caring staff at NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases.
RID: 2673015
07/06/13 4 4 5 5 I had scoliosis as an adult and it required instrumentation the full length of my spine. while this was considered major surgery, iwas out of bed the next day and discharged after only 4 days. He and Dr. Lonner did an amazing job and I can't thank them enough. My pain has gone from a 10 to no more that a 6 in only a month and I am sure it is only surgical pain and will go away. I have known Dr. Goldstein for 6 years now and would highly recommend him.
RID: 2669049
03/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Goldstein was wonderful. Had lower back surgury, was up and walking 36 hours later with no numbness and further than I had in many months. He explained everything that was going to take place, answered any and all questions my wife and I had and made us feel confortable going into the operation.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 2664986
29/05/13 5 5 5 5 I was in a lot of pain (herniated disc) by the time I saw Dr. Goldstein. Had already been to two other doctors and ineffectively tried customary treatments. Dr. Goldstein patiently answered all my questions and clearly explained what surgery would entail. Surgery was a complete success and pain is gone. Dr. Goldstein is a rarity is today‚Äôs medical field: a truly caring as well as knowledgeable professional. I highly recommend him and his superb staff.

21/05/13 SYSTEM: location removed: SMITHTOWN, NY
RID: 2649239
15/05/13 5 4 5 5 I've had two spine surgeries over the past four years by Dr. Goldstein; one lumbar decompression and recently a discectomy. In both cases, I had immediate relief of the original pain and feel Dr. Goldsteins' personal and professional skills are definitely five star. I worked in an orthopedic surgery hospital for seventeen years and would rate Dr. Goldstein as competent and skilled as any surgeons I've met. Would do it all again.
RID: 2630484
29/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Goldstein is a brilliant surgeon,He is the best by far.Dr. Goldstein gave me my life back.
RID: 2601925
28/03/13 4 4 4 5 Dr. Goldstein is a wonderful, caring and knowledgable individual. He has an excellent reputation and took my pain away. The surgery for my herinated discs went smoothly and he and his staff were very patient with all my questions and concerns. He is excellent at what he does and I am so happy that he performed my operation.
Insurance: HIP
RID: 2568426
23/02/13 5 5 5 5 I went to several doctors regarding my spine problem. Dr. Goldstein was very thorough and empathetic. Several of my colleagues as well as my own doctors recommended him. He explained my options and did not push surgery like other surgeons did. I was really in a lot of pain prior to surgery. I tried a bunch of nonoperative treatments which did not work. Dr. Goldstein performed a minimally invasive spine surgery at Hospital for Joint Diseases. I have to say that for the first time in years I'm back doing the things I like to do with and could not be happier. Thanks Dr. Goldstein!
RID: 2560625
15/02/13 5 5 5 5 Iwas in excrutiating back pain I had the good fortune to find Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein. I would recommend Dr. Goldstein and MYU Hospital for Joint Diseases to anyone who needs surgery. I was treated with the utmost respect and care from Dr. Goldstein and his staff. The hospital is amazing everyone in every dept. that I went to was effecient and helpful. Surgery for anyone is a stressful experience but I must tell you Dr. Goldstein, his staff and all at the hospital made it an stress free. Thank you all from my self and my family  Respond
RID: 2506072
19/12/12 5 5 5 5 I am very happy that Dr. Goldstein has changed my life. I had a sharp pain in 10 years. All these years, the pain did not allow me to enjoy life. I was operated by Dr. Goldstein in November 8, 2012. Pain from pinched nerves in the spine was gone immediately. Discomfort in operating place completely disappeared very quickly within 2-3 weeks.I stopped taking any pain pills at the same time.I began to live without pain, and for this reason I have a happy face, I started to laugh and smile. My husband is suffering from pinched nerve about 20 years. He watched me and decided to go for an operation too. My husband asked me: "How long is a need to suffer from severe pain that poison my life?" Now he is preparing for an operation that would make Dr.Jeffrey Goldstein .The doctor is a high professional, whom I can trust the health of my husband.Thank you Dr.Goldsheit for live without pain.
RID: 2498671
12/12/12 5 5 5 5 I had an L5S1 Acute herniated disc with the worst radiating pain (10 of 10) for two and a half weeks. Lost weight stopped leaving the house, completely debilitating. Saw a pain management doctor who gave me one round of prednisone which didn't help. I came to Dr. Goldstein and within five minutes he said a micro diskectomy was clearly needed. Over a month post-op and while still recovering, surgery is successful per xrays and follow up. This man saved my life. He is compassionate, careful and thoughtful. Back surgery may have a bad name but don't believe the hype. At least I can tell you that this surgeon saved my life. I may just be able to return to a normal life after a few months and more PT. I would recommend him to my family. Very good staff too.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2489053
03/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Goldstein has given me 10 years of my life back where I was no longer able to engage in athletic activities and simple daily movement due to chronic pain. He replaced a disc in my spinal cord and now I am pain free and very agile. What an amazing doctor! He took the time to explain everything extremely well and made me feel very comfortable and confident that I was in great hands. I highly recommend him.  Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jeffrey" to "Jeffrey A."

28/12/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1667797
22/12/11 5 4 5 5 Surgery was a complete success!!!!! Dr. was courteous and direct. We felt very confident in him. Fellows were very competent, courteous, informative, and responsive. Office staff was very helpful, courteous and competent. All in all, it was a positive experience
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1654932
07/12/11 5 5 5 5 Hands down, the best. I had all the information I needed beforehand, his estimations of discomfort etc following the procedure were spot on (and considering the procedure, minimal) and the end result was a bullseye of a very difficult procedure. The best in NYC
RID: 1499034
29/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Goldstein gave me my life back. He is an expert in his field, easy to talk to, compassionate and concerned with your well being. After performing two surgical procedures on my lumbar spine I felt better in the recovery room than I had in the three months prior. I look forward to doing the things I had been unable to do for some time- like cycling, kayaking, gardening, golfing and playing softball. Dr. Goldstein is not pushy in the least and listens to your concerns. He took the time to explain the procedure he recommended and answered all of my questions (there were many) patiently and completely. I had complete confidence in him and he came through for me in a very big way. I'm not sure who was beaming more during my return visit after the surgery- him or me. I found his support staff very helpful and easy to reach. Dr. Goldstein earns his reputation as a superstar!  Respond
RID: 1493348
22/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Golstein is a wonderful doctor. He treated my broken wrist and as he promised, I have completely recovered. He was patient,prompt,and went out of his way to take excellent care of me. The office staff was pleasant and very accomodating.I would highly recommend Dr Goldstein to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon.
RID: 1492864
21/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Goldstein was a wonderful surgeon. I had a severe tibial plateau fracture and Dr. Goldstein was able to fix my leg and now I have complete function back. He was very kind and had patience with me and my family. He answered all of our questions and always returned our phone calls. I would definitely recommend him and I already have. He was approachable and had a great bed-side manner.  Respond
RID: 1462168
11/06/11 5 5 5 5 Had 4 decompressions on Lumbar spine L2-L5, In Pain for Many years. Finally Met Dr goldstein and had surgery. Full relief. Awesome experience, great staff at NYU hopital for joint disease. Dont suffer get consult with Dr Goldstein.. A+++

RID: 1405146

03/04/11 5 1 1 3 He did my first surgery and post op missed a very serious condition that developed, resulting in me having a severe permanent injury. He could have caught it, if he had chosen to listen at any of the post op visits.Someone that I know had a recent appointment with him. He left her waiting for 2 hours post the appt. time, and then had his staff tell her that he would be another hour when the waiting room was empty. Then he demanded xrays , and told his staff when asked how long after all of these things were done, he would be, and got no answer from him. He didn't want to see this friend, so he made excuses to avoid having to. They ultimately left without seeing him due to frustration.He is a coward and a poor excuse for a doctor. If a patient has had a poor result, he doesn't want to see them or follow up to find out why.
See Responses
RID: 1348333

27/01/11 4 3 1 1 this guy is the absolute worst orthopedist I have seen. I went in with extreme back pain and he tells me its muscular and to just get pt and take aleve. I went somewhere else who sent me for an MRI, turns out I have multiple herniated discs and a bone spur. I would have never known if i stayed with this arrogant, disgrace of a doctor. do not fund this guys useless practice.  Respond

29/09/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1015374
21/10/09 5 5 5 5 i LOVE Dr. G. He is incredibly intelligent and comprehensive but so approachable and understanding. Definitely the opposite of those fast-talking, socially awkward MD's who overbook themselves to make more profit. He talks understandably, listens understandingly, and takes very serious pride in his practice. He is amazing and he gave me my life back. I would recommend him to ANYONE who needs orthopedic expertise and who values an honest, reliable doctor's decision. After my surgery he was right there, bedside, trying to help in any way he could. There are definitely NOT many doctor's like Dr. Goldstein out there anymore. He is a rare find!! Take advantage of his knowledge and skill!!  Respond
RID: 111351
24/01/07 5 5 5 After seeing another doctor, I took a chance on Dr. Goldstein. He clearly addressed what was frustrating me. I have to commend him for his time and attention and moreover his knowledge and professionalism. I would recommend him to anyone who has already gotten an opinion from one of these fast talking doctors who is on to the next patient before you can describe your ailment.
* - Rating left by a registered user