Rate Dr. Philip Geron

Dr. Philip Geron's Ratings

I saw Dr Geron for a Sleep Apnea issue and all I can say is that he changed my life. Miracle worker, compassionate, brilliant, with a wonderful , caring personality. Office participates with all dental and medical insurances, so that was a breeze. Staff is knowledgeable, sweet and caring. Overall , fantastic experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Great office, very clean and well organized. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Dr. Geron was on time, very smart and patient. Took 45 minutes to do a thorough exam, answer all my questions and provide a definitive treatment plan for my sleep apnea. A++

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

I went to see Dr. Geron for sleep apnea, which I have been suffering with for many years. I thought my only option was the awful CPAP. I saw Dr. Geron for the the initial consultation. He took a scan of my airways. Although somewhat unconventional ( not the usual suit and tie kind of doctor - he was wearing jeans and a flannel) he was very kind, understanding and knowledgable. We discussed a few different treatments and decided on the best course for me. Staff was very nice and courteous. They were able to get everything approved through my insurance within a few days f my initial visit. Office is absolutely beautiful and very modern. I cannot believe some of the ratings on here, I guess people are just overly sensitive, but my experience was A+++

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2461135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Do NOT go to this oral surgeon. Normally I ignore the negative reviews and try to be optimistic, however this was my worst doctor experience I've ever reviewed (coming from someone who does not like the dentist too) FIRST I waited 45 minutes for my wisdom teeth consultation, while I heard him yelling on the phone with someone instead. When we finally met, he was completely and totally unprofessional. He brought up beer, marijuana, and death all in the same visit. I am apprehensive towards anesthesia, however he described it as feeling loopy from drugs and "weed". He directly asked me "how many beers do you usually? Like 6?", stereotyping me as a college student. Then, he left in the middle of my consultation to deal with a lawyer phone call. It's safe to say I will not be following through with his services for the extraction and I highly suggest looking else wear.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2461134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Staff not pleasant. Waited 20 min. He seemed concerned to know all details. I expressed how much pain discomfort I was in. He did a thorough assessment. However, when asking questions pointing out very specific symptoms his comments were "Yeah I know, Yeah I know!"never answered my questions or concerns. Repeatedly asking the same questions as if my answers of pain and discomfort would change stated that because this was workmans comp case he treats everyone the same. Such snide comment if your a good doctor you don't need to express that to your patients he did. Verbally expressed surgery would be needed strongly recommended. His written report stated all of his findings were inconclusive no fracture was healed all other doctors were incorrect in their diagnosis. Turns out my face was shattered, bones pressed on my nerves and had to be put back in place from surgery. Diagnosis completely wrong. Think twice before taking his advice. It might cost your heath as it almost did mine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2011201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2014

Great doctor. Wonderful staff. Beautiful office. No complaints at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2011200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2011203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

This practice was absolutely wonderful. They took all my insurance information before the appointment, verified the benefits and informed me of all benefits before I even came for the appointment. The office was very clean and beautifully decorated. Dr. Geron was absolutely amazing. He asked about my condition, and about my life. I felt really comfortable that he not only cared about me as a patient but as a human, which has been a rarity to find in doctors these days. He was compassionate and understanding. He recommended a variety of different treatments, treatments that numerous doctors that I have seen in the past didn't even consider. I was very happy with his demeanor and ethics. His staff was also exemplary. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2011199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

After waiting 20 minutes before the receptionist looked at the sign in sheet, I was brought in to see the Dr. When I mentioned the delay, I was bombarded by an abusive tirade from Dr. Geron about how he was having a bad week due to Hurricane Sandy and that some people (me) only think of themselves and that I should have some patience. The receptionist then joined in and also in an abusive manner, took the blame for the delay. Had he not been paid from my insurance company for an expensive oral sleep apnea device (billed at $2,700) and an additional $350 from me, I would have left on the spot. I have never been so berated by a so called "professional." I understood the delay, but what I can't excuse is the arrogance and behavior of the doctor. Find somewhere else to have your dental work performed or to have a sleep apnea device made.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2011198].votes_count ]]