Dr. Philip Geron

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 21/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. Philip Geron has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Philip Geron
Oral Surgeon-related: dental implants, tooth removal, TMJ, jaw surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5559426
13/06/14 5 5 5 5 I went to see Dr. Geron for sleep apnea, which I have been suffering with for many years. I thought my only option was the awful CPAP. I saw Dr. Geron for the the initial consultation. He took a scan of my airways. Although somewhat unconventional ( not the usual suit and tie kind of doctor - he was wearing jeans and a flannel) he was very kind, understanding and knowledgable. We discussed a few different treatments and decided on the best course for me. Staff was very nice and courteous. They were able to get everything approved through my insurance within a few days f my initial visit. Office is absolutely beautiful and very modern. I cannot believe some of the ratings on here, I guess people are just overly sensitive, but my experience was A+++
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 5340430

10/04/14 1 1 1 2 Do NOT go to this oral surgeon. Normally I ignore the negative reviews and try to be optimistic, however this was my worst doctor experience I've ever reviewed (coming from someone who does not like the dentist too) FIRST I waited 45 minutes for my wisdom teeth consultation, while I heard him yelling on the phone with someone instead. When we finally met, he was completely and totally unprofessional. He brought up beer, marijuana, and death all in the same visit. I am apprehensive towards anesthesia, however he described it as feeling loopy from drugs and "weed". He directly asked me "how many beers do you usually? Like 6?", stereotyping me as a college student. Then, he left in the middle of my consultation to deal with a lawyer phone call. It's safe to say I will not be following through with his services for the extraction and I highly suggest looking else wear.  Respond
RID: 4450707
30/01/14 2 2 2 1 Staff not pleasant. Waited 20 min. He seemed concerned to know all details. I expressed how much pain discomfort I was in. He did a thorough assessment. However, when asking questions pointing out very specific symptoms his comments were "Yeah I know, Yeah I know!"never answered my questions or concerns. Repeatedly asking the same questions as if my answers of pain and discomfort would change stated that because this was workmans comp case he treats everyone the same. Such snide comment if your a good doctor you don't need to express that to your patients he did. Verbally expressed surgery would be needed strongly recommended. His written report stated all of his findings were inconclusive no fracture was healed all other doctors were incorrect in their diagnosis. Turns out my face was shattered, bones pressed on my nerves and had to be put back in place from surgery. Diagnosis completely wrong. Think twice before taking his advice. It might cost your heath as it almost did mine.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 3649515
07/01/14 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. Wonderful staff. Beautiful office. No complaints at all.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 2744632

02/08/13 1 1 1 1   Respond
RID: 2531234
14/01/13 5 5 5 5 This practice was absolutely wonderful. They took all my insurance information before the appointment, verified the benefits and informed me of all benefits before I even came for the appointment. The office was very clean and beautifully decorated. Dr. Geron was absolutely amazing. He asked about my condition, and about my life. I felt really comfortable that he not only cared about me as a patient but as a human, which has been a rarity to find in doctors these days. He was compassionate and understanding. He recommended a variety of different treatments, treatments that numerous doctors that I have seen in the past didn't even consider. I was very happy with his demeanor and ethics. His staff was also exemplary. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.
Insurance: Delta Dental
RID: 2475677
15/11/12 1 1 3 3 After waiting 20 minutes before the receptionist looked at the sign in sheet, I was brought in to see the Dr. When I mentioned the delay, I was bombarded by an abusive tirade from Dr. Geron about how he was having a bad week due to Hurricane Sandy and that some people (me) only think of themselves and that I should have some patience. The receptionist then joined in and also in an abusive manner, took the blame for the delay. Had he not been paid from my insurance company for an expensive oral sleep apnea device (billed at $2,700) and an additional $350 from me, I would have left on the spot. I have never been so berated by a so called "professional." I understood the delay, but what I can't excuse is the arrogance and behavior of the doctor. Find somewhere else to have your dental work performed or to have a sleep apnea device made.
RID: 2474081
14/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Geron and his office staff were all wonderful. Very helpful, patient and understanding. They participate with all insurances, Dental and Medical. My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed, and the procedure went great! I Highly recommend the office!!
RID: 1738915
13/03/12 1 5 1 2 Was very disappointed when I went for pain management with my TMJ. Every question he asked as I went to answer he said "Yeah I know". If he knows everything then why does he have to ask questions? When I left he gave no help or suggestions how I may be able to control the pain. When I went to check out the girl at the front desk asked" now what?"I will not refer anyone to this office.
Respond

15/02/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1695391
24/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Geron was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and kind. His staff was fantastic in getting my treatment approved. AAA+++ overall
RID: 1557630

10/10/11 2 2 1 1 I was in a Car accident and was recomended to dr. Geron, his attitud was rude and unkind. His greeting was "save the exageration and lying for your lawyer, I want only the truth" I was in shock! He didn't even examing me and he was assuming already that I was lying. Furtunally I went to see someone else who after seeing undertood the pain that I was going through. will not recomend Dr. Geron to anybody at all.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1474006
27/06/11 1 5 3 3 Dentist referred me specifically to Dr. Geron and I made an appointment with him. In walks a Dr. into the examining room who I believed to be Dr. Geron. Well, it wasn't. The receptionist (despite my making an appointment with Dr. Geron) gives me another Dr. unbeknowns to me. I was furious and it is unacceptable. They don't want to lose potential business so they book you with other Drs while not not bothering to tell you. I better not get any bill.  Respond
RID: 1460342
08/06/11 5 4 5 5 My daughter had to see Dr. Geron for a recurrent TMJ issue she has been suffering for about 5 years. I went to see a multitude of other specialists before seeing Dr. Geron and what a waste of time that was. He really took the time to listen, explain and treat my daughter. She has been PAIN FREE for over a year. This man is a genius at what he does!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $10
Respond

03/11/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1173595
20/05/10 5 5 5 5 He takes the time to explain. He'll talk to your other doctors to make sure treatment is correct and conclusive. His office people are nice and will try to fit you in if it's an emergency.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1142766
05/04/10 5 4 5 5 I found Dr. Geron to be incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. He is one of the rare doctors who thinks holistically about a problem, not just focuses on his specialty without thinking about how other problems could be a factor. I highly recommend!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1103695
11/02/10 5 5 5 5 I used Dr. Geron a few years ago and was very satisfied with him and his staff. Very pleasant in all respects, and did not feel pressured by staff as some people mention. The doctor himself, was wonderful and made me feel very comfortable.  Respond
RID: 905537
05/06/09 1 3 4 4 Dr. Geron, himself, was very nice; his office staff was deplorable. Let me be more precise: his billing staff was rude, demanding and unhelpful. This person even went so far as to demand payment from me that BC/BS deemed unwarranted and then I had to fight them for 2 months for a refund of money that BC & I had both paid them! All this from a PPO provider that should have only been entitled to a co-pay as directed by a BC/BS supervisor! Never again.
RID: 441551
09/11/07 4 3 5 5 Takes time to explain and tries his best to keep you calm. His office staff was very helpful.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 47023
23/09/06 3 2 1 Saw this doctor for an IME. Didn't seem to be well versed in TMJ at all.  Respond
RID: 25516
16/03/06 3 1 1 I had to see Dr. Geron for a TMJ IME. I don't know what Dr. Geron's formal training in TMJ was, but I didn't get the impression that he was a TMJ specialist but rather an oral surgeon. Like I said, I don't know his training, but I think he was more well versed in oral surgery than TMJ.  Respond