Dr. Elliot L. Plotkin

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 01/11/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Elliot L. Plotkin has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6

01/11/13 SYSTEM: new location added: Woodland Hills, CA

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "ELLIOT" to "ELLIOT L."
RID: 2901456
08/10/13 1 1 3 3 I was disappointed by the service I received. I had surgery for an ingrown toenail, and it didn't fix the problem. As a matter of fact, I'm in more discomfort now than I was prior to the surgery. I went back once, and the Doctor told me i just needed to clean the area more. I went back again and he really didn't have an answer for me. The surgery was two years ago and I am still in pain, and wish now that I hadn't done the surgery. I would not recommend Dr. Plotkin based on my experience .
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2519800
02/01/13 3 5 5 5 I was extremely impressed with Dr. Plotkin, he was was nice, and explained everything to us.Excellent bedside manner and VERY knowledgeable...A+++
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2508664
21/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Elliot Plotkin is wonderful. He gets A++ for bedside manners. Lovely, competent, takes the time to make sure that the problem and process are understood, all is done with kindness and empathy and utter professionalism. His knowledge and humanism are unique. When you leave his office, you feel better for meeting such a doctor and a person.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 2486919
30/11/12 5 5 5 5 Great doctor, with a GREATER personality..loved him!! Very warm and welcoming, very knowledgable and makes you feel confident when you walk out of his office! We are so happy.  Respond
RID: 2381848

22/07/12 1 1 2 2 I agree the front desk staff is horrible. Dr Plotkin is OK, was kind enough but basically told me he did not know what was wrong with my foot and had no interest in helping me figure it out. Did not even give me a name of somebody else I could see. Just told me to suck it up and live in pain.  Respond
RID: 2152935
21/05/12 5 4 5 5 I have never come across a more kind, knowledgeable and professional Podiatrist, let alone regular doctor. This doctor takes his time with his patients, even myself, who has HMO, feel like I am given the ROYAL treatment. I have ALWAYS walked away feeling well taken care of by the doctor and staff alike. I wish there were many more professional and compassionate doctors like Dr. Elliot Plotkin out in the medical field. I HIGHLY recommend this physician!!!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1476699
30/06/11 2 3 5 5 I love Dr. Plotkin. He is very personable and goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable and makes sure all your questions are answered. He performed a surgery on my broken ankle in Sept 2010. I several check ups after that which were always great. We were both going to the East Coast for the Christmas holiday and I was still in a surgical boot. He was kind enough to give me his cell number to contact him if I had any questions or difficulties. So while you usually have to wait when you go into his office I sure it's probably because he's taking his time with his other patients. He is truly a wonderful doctor. I agree with an earlier rater. The front office staff can be abrupt and rude, especially Sarah. But other than that. I always have a pleasant doctor's visit.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1438416
11/05/11 5 5 5 5 excellent specialist, very knowledgeable, and takes extra care at making sure everything is done right.
Paid (or co-pay): $2500
RID: 1325500
02/01/11 1 1 5 5 All the girls at the front desk are rude, especially Sara. I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes just to see the doctor (even with an appointment). Once you see the doctor however, he is very nice and knowledgeable. He takes his time with you which is always appreciated.
Insurance: United Healthcare