Rate Dr. James P. Simsarian

Dr. James P. Simsarian's Ratings

I've seen Dr.Simsarian twice for M.S. He seems knowledgeable, but acted condescending towards me. He was rushed and did not want to hear my questions. Would not recommend him at this time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

This is my fathers Neurologist and he is a LIFE SAVER!! He and his staff have helped my dad to recover some memory and motor function after early on set Alzheimer and two strokes! I am very pleased with their services and would RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!! And have for that matter!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2010

With a brief, perfunctory exam he diagnosed RSD in my leg (a rare neurological condition). An experienced neurologist should have readily recognized that I had advanced cellulitis, not RSD. The undiagnosed cellulitis caused the complication of disabling, disfiguring lymphedema which I will have for life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2012672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2009

Did not solve my problem but did rule out other potential problems and gave me good referral sources. Awesome doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012671].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2009

I have fibromyalgia (I hate that name) He and I have worked to help me live my life to its fullest. When I talk with him I have his complete attention. I have chronic pain everyday, but most people never hear about it. We are managing it and we are attempting to do better than that. He has referred me to other doctors and we try more ideas. If anyone can help me, I believe he cares enough to help me not have to live in as much pain. He is the only Neurologist I have ever seen who has been helpful. I wish him and his staff all the best! Jo

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2008

Dr Simsarian is a great Doctor. Very intelligent and his nurse Carol is wonderful. I found him after going to 6 other neurologists in the area. His clinic is very professional, tho parking is a mess there. His bedside manor is good-- not the warmest doctor in the world- but by far the best I have found so far in NoVA... If you want someone to baby you with your illness he is not the doctor for you- but if your like me- your going to have a hard time finding that

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2008

Dr. Simsarian was courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2008

Dr. Simsarian was very nice. I understand he is a great doctor, but I felt rushed in his appointments. He kept flip-flopping his diagnosis, so I really am confused as to what is going on. I have since moved, so I cannot comment on the continued care. I do know, at my last appointment, I felt not as comfortable since he rushed me and was abrupt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2007

Dr Simsarian and his wonderful nurse are exceptionally caring and knowledgeable. They even offer monthly program for newly diagonsed MS patients. They are the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2007

I love him. You can talk to Dr. Simsarian about anything. He's the best and the top Neurologist in the DC Metro area. Has been on Larry King numerous times. He's extrememly knowledgeble in MS,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2012665].votes_count ]]