Rate Dr. Michael R. Abidin

Dr. Michael R. Abidin's Ratings

My son had sinus surgery by Dr. Abidin, and his overly aggressive, distracted, and unnecessarily numerous follow-up procedures caused my son to be in two emergency rooms and a three-day hospitalization. He will spend more time telling you how brilliant and successful he is, but he does not pay attention to the patient or what he is doing in his procedures. There are better, competent and more skilled doctors who pay attention in the practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I'm surprised by the volatility in the ratings for Dr. Abidin and don't know what to make of them. I have been very pleased after seeing him for about 2 years. I had been to about 5 allergists before him about chronic congestion but none had been able to provide a treatment that worked or a diagnosis that fit with all the symptoms. I went to Dr. Abidin thinking about surgery, as a last resort. He examined me, steered me away from surgery and convinced me to be tested for allergies another time. His test was different than the others I had had and did, in fact, reveal some more context for the symptoms I have and he provided the first satisfactory diagnosis - it explained all my symptoms and matched the test. I've been receiving immunotherapy for the last two years but I haven't really responded, so I don't know what comes next. I still trust Abidin as my allergist but am disappointed with my progress.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2169909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Unprofessional bedside mannerism. Makes offensive comments and tries to mask them in jokes. I went in perfectly healthy with the exception of a minor nasal issue. Without warning, he will start shoving things up your nose with strong medicines and claim you have all kinds of issues. I came out with a sinus infection most likely because he doesn't use clean equipment. He must have known this because he prescribed antibiotics even though I wasn't sick. Something is definitely not right about this guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2169911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

My ETN doctor recommended a surgery to fix a deviated septum and clean off the sinus cavity, inflamed after many sinus infections. Dr. Abidin told me that he could do both. When I came to the operating floor he was 40 mins late; the anesthesiologist did not have a chance to talk to him about the surgery beforehand and was not sure what exactly he was going to do; she had to guess and probably overdid it as they had a difficult time waking me up afterwards. Dr. Abidin did the surgery but did not fix the septum, telling me that there was not enough time to do that. My recovery was not going well and at some point it turned out that he left some a part of surgical material used during the surgery inside the sinus cavity (I am not kidding). It now got attached and required additional surgery (I insisted that it is done under local anesthesia!). I should have sued him/make sure he loses his license, but I was moving to another state and was too busy and let it slide, probably a mistake...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2169908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2011

don't waste your time and money on this place. i went to 4 doctors they said i have allergies and sinus problems and when i went here they said something is wrong with my jaw. lol stupid they don't know anything there so dumb. don't waste your time and money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2169910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2011

I was initially referred to Dr. Abadin by my Family Dr. for sleep apnea. I completed the sleep study which confirmed severe apnea. The doctor diagnosed me and prescribed the CPAP equipment. Ok...that went fine. But he kept asking me to return for follow-up appts. to examine me. Firstly, he wanted to operate which I would not do without a 2nd opinion. Secondly, I have unusually large thorai in my mouth which is not wonder to dentists or ENT's but everyone time I visited, he made a big deal about it and asked all his staff to look into my mouth as if I was some kind of a specimen. The PA's and MD's were actually embarrassed in the manner he ridiculed me. Then one day my dentist referred me to one of the best ENTs in Northern VA and that was the end of Dr. Abadin. The new MD said that surgery would not make much of a difference, since I would still have to continue using the CPAP machine and would only alleviate my condition very little.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2169907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2009

I took my son to see a this dr. for allergies. I sat in bleach and my dress was ruined. When I asked to have the dressed replaced, I was told the dr. was only interested in giving me micro dermabrasion, something I have never had and never been interested in. I feel if they can be this insensitive over a dress, I can't trust them with my child.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2169906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

I went to this practice recently and was very pleasantly surprised! I saw all the people in the waiting room and thought I'd be waiting forever, but I was actually called back before my appt. time. All of the staff were very nice and professional. I saw the Physician's Assistant first - she was very nice, competent, and made me feel at ease. I also saw Dr. Abidin in the same visit as a scope had to be used to look at my throat. I was extremely impressed with him! He has a great personality, and I appreciated his sense of humor! He made me feel comfortable and was able to diagnosis my issues right away. I am convinced he is an excellent doctor, and I will continue to see him at this ENT practice even though the location is kinda out of the way for me. I would definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2169905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2008

Dr. Abidin and his practive are very helpful, incredibly caring and provide the best care around. He takes more time than necessary to see each of his patients to ensure they receive the best possible care. I would recommend him and his practice to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2169904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2008

I have been his patient for nine years. I had very complex ear/sinus issues and one by one he has corrected them with surgery. He is very empathic and caring and I trust my family's lives to him (my son has a thyroid cyst removed as well). He is a good analyst and willing to let patient do research as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2169903].votes_count ]]