Dr. William J. Purkert

Dr. William J. Purkert's Ratings

kk

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Like so many others, I was overwhelmed by the kindness, compassion, and thoughtfulness of Dr. Purkert. He explained in detail my surgery, but did so in plain, understandable terms. I had a subcutaneous mastectomy. Because this is not common for males, Dr. Purkert gave me a great deal of detail on the physiology involved. He was also kind to my wife, who waited for me through the surgery. Just top notch!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

I am scheudled to meet with Dr Purkert on January 25th and I am so happy I found this website, it has decreased my stress level some and I am happy to know that he has done so many surgeries and is liked by so many.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2013

Previous comment says Dr. Purkert retired. HE HAS NOT. He is a wonderful doctor, very caring and concerned for his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

He was excellent in every way in his treatment of my colon cancer surgery and followup. Too bad he has retired. He listened, was upfront about options and was extremely knowledgeable! Most of all he was compassionate and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Just to say that Dr. Purkert performed gallbladder surgery on my Mom several years ago, and was the NICEST, KINDEST, MOST SKILLED and WONDERFULLY COMPETENT doctor we could have hoped to find! He explained everything in layman's terms, had infinite patience with questions even from family members, and communicated complicated medical information in a kind and caring way. After her successful gallbladder surgery, my Mom went on to have a heart valve replacement by Dr. Edward Lefrak, also at Fairfax Hospital, who was as arrogant and awful as Dr. Purkert was kind. Both skilled surgeons, but what a difference in manner and effect on their patients. I'd NEVER want Dr. Lefrak to do a blessed thing for myself or anyone I loved. But Dr. Purkert is a "ten" in every way. Apologies for not rating him sooner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Just had a thyroidectomy for papillary carcinoma with Dr. Purkert. The Doctor was recommended by several doctors and previous patients. I echo all their approvals and the other reviews below. Personable, great patience and knowledgeable. His opening appt. is unlike any I've ever had in a Doctor's office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

excellent surgeon.helpful,skilled and extremely pleasant.explained the procedure in detail but in simple terms.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2011

The best there is. If youever have to wait it is because another patient needs his time. He will never rush you, even if he is running behind. On top of being a caring human being, who is on top of everything, he is an excellent surgeon. I recently had a lumpectomy and it looks as if the scarring will be minimal. He answered all of my questions, told me how the proceedure would go and visited before the surgery. Also has a wonderful sense of humor. You can't go wrong with Dr. P.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

There just aren't enough wonderful things to say about Dr. Purkert. He is a wonderful but more importantly, a nice person. He goes above and beyond the typical doctor approach to surgery and puts others first throughout the process, making the entire experience as good as possible. He is by far the best doctor you will ever come across. Thanks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2013061].votes_count ]]