Dr. JEAN E. KEAMY

Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. JEAN E. KEAMY has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does this doctor perform pterygium surgery?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. JEAN E. KEAMY
Ophthalmologist-related: eye treatment, eye diseases, vision, eye surgery, corneal surgery, oculoplastics and reconstruction surgery, intraocular lens implantation, refractive surgery, cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, glaucoma, low vision, uveitis, corneal infections, hereditary dystrophies, eye laser surgery, vision correction surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.2
RID: 3634944
18/12/13 5 5 5 5 Eye surgery was painless and I enjoy the results. Great surgeon, with excellent follow up. Having her do my other eye in January. Great staff and DR.
Insurance: AARP
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "JEAN" to "JEAN E."
RID: 2600418
26/03/13 5 4 5 5 In June and August of 2012 I had Cataract surgery. Prior to surgery everything was explained clearly. The procedures went exactly as planned and was quick and painless. All follow up appointments were very thorough and comfortable. The free limo service to and from the site was very beneficial. I would highly recommend Dr Keamy.
RID: 2590996
20/03/13 5 5 5 5 I had cataract surgery in both eyes early this year and was very happy with the treatment from Dr. Keamy and her staff, and am delighted with the results. She took her time, answered all my questions, explored options, and made me feel okay about the procedures. During the procedures she told me what was happening, and even called me that night to make sure everything was okay. She did a great job and my eyesight is vastly improved. I highly recommend Dr. Keamy.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2564001
19/02/13 5 5 5 5 I've been to a number of opthamologists and optometrists through the years for my annual screenings. I have had to change doctors sometimes based on changes in insurance plans.Dr. Keamy was on my approved list. and after 2 appointments I am very impressed with the level of care I've received.Both the annual screening, and treatment of an ongoing eye issue have been very throrough. At no time did I feel rushed through the appointments,and both the doctor and her staff were professional and informative. Upon leaving I was given a written summary of my test results and follow up plans for treatment. Dr. Keamy and her staff have earned my respect.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 2486231
30/11/12 2 1 1 1 1 hour wait to see doctor. She was rude, did not answer any questions and rushed the appointment because she wanted to leave early. Staff friendly, but took some liberties with my infant son without asking me fist. A very bad experience overall. Need to see another doctor to actually have my eye problem treated and questions answered.
Insurance: Tufts
RID: 2461355
30/10/12 5 4 5 5 I am a 47 year old female. I am nearsighted and have been wearing contacts since I was a teen. 3 years ago I had to stop wearing them because my eyes were too dry. The Doctor I was seeing in Worcester prescribed Restatsis and told me I could no longer wear contacts. A year later I went to a different doctor and after a 5 minute appointment was told I was not a candidate for Lasik. He put in punctual plugs that had to be taken out a week later because they were so uncomfortable. A year later I found these reviews about Dr. Keamy and made an appointment. She gave me drops and plugs (that I still cannot feel in the least) and advice to help with the dry eyes. After a while I had a Lasik consult. 2 months ago Dr. Keamy did PRK surgery on my eyes. I am still healing but couldn’t be happier. No more glasses and no more headaches from the glasses. If you’re having eye trouble I suggest you try Dr. Keamy. She is fantastic!!!  Respond
RID: 1632174
11/11/11 5 5 5 5 I just love the optical shop at Keamy eye & laser centre. I wanted nice affordable chic glasses. The selection and service was exceptional.
RID: 1632170
11/11/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Keamy is a caring, compassionate physician. She and her staff are wonderful. She gives a complete eye exam and is willing to take time and explain her findings. A five star experience.
RID: 1556441
08/10/11 5 5 5 5 From the moment I walked into the office, I noticed a friendliness toward clients and among the staff. The office is welcoming. Each staff member that I met with was friendly and courteous and efficient. Dr. Keamy spent time explaining my issue, anwered questions clearly and calmly, and offered to show me a video as well. My follow up appointment was equally as positive, from the moment I walked in, to the end of my appointment. Having a caring, courteous staff is such a rarity now, but it seems Dr. Keamy has made every effort to create a good aura for the client as soon as he/she walks through the door. Phil, who manages the optical shop is equally as considerate and welcoming, allowing people to simply try on the frames, and engages in conversation as well. His frame selection is outstanding. I have been at other opthamologists' offices and I believe Dr. Keamy and her staff are far superior on all levels.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 1554873
06/10/11 5 5 5 5 I went to Dr Keamy to have some cosmetic work done on my face (Botox & a dermal filler). As I said to her a few days after "This is the first time in years I've been able to look in the mirror without wanting to cry or break the mirror!!" Bruising was almost non-existent and the results were FABULOUS! Do not hesitate!  Respond
RID: 1467445
18/06/11 5 4 5 5 Best thing I ever did was get Lasek and Dr Keamy was excellent
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1408025
06/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Keamy is an excellent doctor. I am super pleased with the job she did in removing my cataracts and inserting a new lens. I now see better than I have in years. I highly recommend her for anyone seeking help with problems of the eye. In addition to her surgery on my eyes she correctly diagnosed a cancer on my eyelid which was missed by two other eye doctors. Through her help I am now cancer free.
RID: 1406859
05/04/11 5 4 5 5 I am 53 yeasr old and have been nearsighted all my life. on April 1,2011 dr Keamy and her staff performed lasik surgey on my eyes. I woke up the next day and could see without glasses or contacts for the first time inmy life. It is absolutely AMAZING! Th eprocedure wasn't painful, just 20 min of slight discomfort. The cost was very affordable, even if my insurance hadn't paid abour $800 with glasses costing over $500 years every year or so. The office was clean and I was made to feel comfortable and secure. They took the time with each patient to assure all needs were met. I would and have totally recommended this doctor to anyone considering this procedure. I can't begin to explain how much I feel like a new person, my confidence level and self esteem are ibcredible. Just think! NO MORE foggy glasses in winter, sore ears and dents in my nose, glasses sliding off with sudden movement, and 10$ sunglasses from Walmart. I LOVE what this woman has done for me!  Respond
RID: 1304023
30/11/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Keamy, April, Patty and the rest of the team make you feel at ease from the moment you enter the office, through any examination/procedure. Dr. Keamy's is a gracious woman, along with being an attentive doctor. She thoroughly explains any procedure and answers any question without rushing the patient. I first went to see her about lasik suregery and she was very honest in telling me I wasn't a candidate. In additon to my regular eye exams, I have had a growth removed from my eyelid and Radiesse treatments the past two years, all successfully. Thank you Dr. Keamy for making me look a great 58 years old even with glasses!
RID: 1300509
24/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Keamy performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes a year ago. The results are far better than I could have imagined. My eyesight improved through the first six months following surgery, and I passed the recent driver exam without glasses for the first time since my teen years. Thanks Dr. Keamy!
RID: 1292189
12/11/10 5 5 5 5 I had cataract surgery on both eyes, one month apart. I have worn glasses for 35 years. I no longer need them. I was wearing trifocals before surgery. It's absolutely amazing. Driving the third day--no glasses. Yahoo!!!  Respond
RID: 1271989
14/10/10 5 4 5 5 Dr Keamy is the BEST. I trust her completely. She will spend as much time as necessary with her patients and fully explains procedures.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1258055
24/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Keamy is fantastic! I have gone to her several times for Botox and Radise. She was informative, extremely nice and did a fabulous job. I couldn't be happier and have referred a number of people to her office. If you are looking for a great doctor, go to Dr. Keamy!
RID: 1236248
24/08/10 5 4 5 5 My experiencewith Dr. Keamy and her staff has been exceptional. My vision was poor andI had been dealing with cataracts for the past year. I have never been able to see without glassessince I was in the 3rd grade, I am now 58, I had cataract surgery and opt for the Restor Lens in my left eye and today I have 20/20 and life is good. Thank you very much Dr. Keamy, staffand your surgical center. Linda R
RID: 1235877
24/08/10 5 5 5 5 In November2009 I had cataract surgery with Dr. Keamy. After the surgery, a lot of attention was paid to overseeing the healing process, and I felt reassured that all was going well. . Today was my nine month follow up exam. Thanks to Dr. Keamy and her fine team, I am seeing and reading at a 20/20 level. Dr. Keamy is a skilled and confident surgeon, and it shows in her work.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1233395
20/08/10 5 5 5 5 I highly recommend Dr. Keamy to anyone looking for a professional, accomplished, knowledgeable, and caring doctor. I went for a cosmetic procedure (Botox) and am very pleased with my results. Her gracious bed-side manner made the visit a delight.  Respond
RID: 1231283
17/08/10 5 5 5 5 A professional and elegant and successful visit from start to finish... Dr. Keamy's lovely office and caring, attentive assistant Patty made me at ease when I visited for my cosmetic procedures. Dr. Keamy's warm manner put me at even greater ease and the results were super! I've been back many times. Dr. Keamy also follows up with me after every visit to make sure I am doing well and am happy with the treatments. I would never go else where. With Dr. Keamy you know that you are in the care of a dedicated, highly educated and experienced doctor who really cares about her patients! Rare to find these days!
* - Rating left by a registered user