Dr. Annette Bicher

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 21/12/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Annette Bicher has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

23/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.5
RID: 2825611
30/08/13 5 5 5 5 I'm sure that Dr. Bicher (and God) saved my life from ovarian cancer (2005). She was extremely professional, knowledgeable and caring every time I saw her -- pre-total hysterectomy, on the phone to explain the pathologies, and for each of the visits.
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente
RID: 2814046
26/08/13 2 1 1 3 Staff is terrible. Residents with awful bedside manner; which they learn from the Dr. herself. Took 6 hours to get discharged from the hospital. Would not recommend to anyone.
RID: 2425032
14/09/12 3 3 5 5 Diagnosed with aggressive, high grade uterine cancer three years ago. I credit Dr. Bicher and God with still being on this earth. She was wonderful and caring and obviously knew how to deal with a rare, aggressive cancer! She takes time when one needs it but does have a very busy schedule so is often a little late. Her chemo staff is wonderful! I can't say enough about them. Office staff--hard to get to talk to a real person sometimes. Dr. Bicher gets five stars from me!
RID: 2420161
08/09/12 5 5 5 5 Treated for uterine cancer. Dr Bicher and her staff are excellent. She is very thorough, patient and very competent. I feel very fortunate to be under her excellent care.
Respond

03/05/12 SYSTEM: combined ratings from Oncologist / Hematologist listing (DID: 3487906)
RID: 2095004
30/04/12 2 5 1 3
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1828915
01/04/12 4 4 1 1 Dr. Bicher was my oncologist who removed my ovarian cancer. She performed the surgery in May of 2011. A few months after the surgery I developed a hernia on the incision and when I showed it to her and asked her if the pain that I was experiencing which felt like twisted intestines and the bulge that was visibly showing on my belly was hernia she said "no" and gave me a vaginal dialator. The pain persited and I went to another doctor within 5 days who confirmed that I had hernia. I had the second surgery in December. I don't recommend Dr. Bicher. I would not allow her to perform surgery on me or my family members.
Paid (or co-pay): $18000
RID: 1695261
24/01/12 2 2 3 3 Her staff is horrible, they contradict each other and are very unwilling to assist with getting a second opinion when the doctor herself was conflicted on the diagnosis. They are more set on subjecting a patient to chemo without knowing for sure what the problem is. You are more a statistic than a human being.  Respond
RID: 1498164
28/07/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. Bicher performed my surgery almost 10 years ago for ovarian cancer. I felt extremely "safe" in her hands. She was up front in my diagnosis and her recommendations. Her team of chemo nurses were also outstanding--both in their knowledge and their sensitivity to my particular needs. They exhibited a positive, cheerful environment, while maintaining a professional, competent manner in carrying out their responsibilities. I am a little disappointed in the "first line" of communication in the office. It is a very busy office but I often feel rushed and like a number rather than a real, feeling person when I call with questions or when seeking help. Since this a potential new patient's first step in deciding on a doctor, maybe an occasional reminder to present a more helpful, friendly manner would help. But I feel this shortcoming is far outweighed by the outstanding care I received and continue to receive from Dr. Bicher and her Nurse Practioner. I would recommend them highly!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1403813
01/04/11 1 1 1 1 Rude and unfriendly staff. I relocated from out of state and needed to find new doctor. They wouldn't let me make an appointment without a referral....which my insurance does not require. After speaking to two staff members, I decided to go elsewhere since they were helpful and wouldn't let me make an appointment.  Respond
RID: 1330445
07/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bicher is the most compentent anc caring doctor I have ever visited. Without meaning to sound melodramatic, I am convinced I have survived ovarian cancer because of her.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1286951
05/11/10 5 5 5 5 Simply put, Dr. Bicher is one of the most caring and competent doctors I've ever known. I personally know 6 women she has treated from everything from total hysterectomy and reconstructive pelvic surgery to ovarian cancer. She has a very calm manner and is reassuring. She is not about "what if's and drama" . she provides extensive medical information from the latest research and looks for a partner in her patient to help pick the best treatment. She is kind, brilliant and an amazing physician.
RID: 1278537
24/10/10 1 1 1 1 Annette N. Bicher, gynecologist of Annadale, VA, should not be a specialist, bacause she doesn't know a bit more than a generalist. She is quite erratic, says one thing, does another thing. She does not care about her patient. She was very impatient with her patients, yet spent as much as time she could to communicate with patients' other doctors without permission of her patients. She is ****ing, her name is better called Dr. ****. Do not see her unless you want to regret.  See Responses
RID: 1255858
21/09/10 5 5 5 5 Treated for uterine cancer. Dr Bicher was excellent.Her staff were excellent. I had my surgury at the Women's Center at Fairfax Hospital which was excellent I feel very fortunate to have Dr Bicher as my surgeon.
RID: 715445
04/11/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bicher and her staff are so competent, so humane, and so respectful of patients that it is hard compare them to any previous medical practice I have experienced in my long life. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 3-c (fairly late stage) in early April. Dr. Bicher did the surgery and provided me with options for chemotherapy -- explaining each option thoroughly so I could make a careful and reasoned choice. Her "chemo nurses" are so knowledgeable, pleasant, and concerned with individual patient needs that my "chemo experience" was so much less problemmatic than that described by others. Dr. Bicher's close tracking and frequent reexamination are all a part of what makes her number 1 in my book!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 642591
18/07/08 5 2 5 5 My primary Dr found Dr Bicher for me after a sonogram indicated I needed to see a specialist in Gynocology ASAP. She was rated as one of the top Dr.s in her profession by Washingtonian magazine. I am extremely grateful to be in her care and am doing excellent after a total hysterectomy for Stage 1A grade 3 ovarian cancer. Her staff is excellent and very caring. Her chemo therapy dept is comfortable well equipped. Because she is so fantastic, it is difficult to get a quick appointment but her staff will work for your convenience. The hospital staff gave her high praise during my recovery too. I feel very lucky!  Respond
RID: 634553
09/07/08 5 5 5 5 I am glad that I was reffered to Dr. Bicher, she is very knowledgeable and confident. She knows what she's doing which, as a patient, gave me the feeling that I was in the right hands. Dr. Bicher performed a laparoscopy to remove my ovarian cyst and I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I'm already feeling better and she explained all the next steps and I'm looking forward to getting better. I would definitly recommend Dr. Bicher.
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente
RID: 601988
29/05/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bicher's name was the first one recommended by other doctors. I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer and am in the process of scheduling my surgery. There were 3 doctors highly recommended that I was referred to for this unfortunate situation in my health. All of this doctors are excellent, however Dr. Annette Bicher really set herself apart from the others, as she was the ONLY oncology surgeon that I felt was respectful to me as a person. The 'word' from the nurses is, 'she generally has very good outcomes, is highly recommended and makes sure her patients are well taken care of'.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 435581
28/10/07 5 5 5 5 Excellent surgeon and patient-oriented doctor. She has an excellent rapport with patients, listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. I have more trust in her than any of my other physicians. Previous to seeing her, I had had a bad experience with surgery, thus was very concerned about undergoing another procedure. She was able to address all my concerns and I was very pleased with how the operation went. She has continued to follow up as my gynecologist and has provided very good advice on GYN issues. I would not hesitate to recommend her as a surgeon for any GYN condition.
RID: 130620
07/02/07 5 5 5 wonderful. Extremely proficient. Rated excellent by hospital nurses.
RID: 48860
04/10/06 2 1 1 Dr. Bicher was awful. During my appointment I started to cry after she told me that I needed to have several very large pelvic tumors removed. She asked why I was crying, looking at me as if it was a silly response. During this appointment she also performed an anal exam WITHOUT letting me know that she was going to do so. This, after also telling me that she did not have to perform a pap smear--because I had had several in a short period of time--only to actually perform one! And, her nurses were knocking at the door while all of this was going on! I definitely did not see her again and absolutely would not recommend that anyone else see her. I would drive to Richmond or Baltimore before letting her examine or perform surgery on me.  See Responses
RID: 33543
26/06/06 5 5 5 Dr. Bicher performed my surgery and I feel like my rapid recovery was due to her expertise and knowlege. She is very dedicated to her patients.