Rate Dr. Anthony P. Giovine

Dr. Anthony P. Giovine's Ratings

Dr. Giovine is a kind and compassionate doctor. He saved my life- literally- and I am forever grateful. During the most difficult time he gave outstanding care. He is the very essence of what a true doctor is and does. It is true that the wait time at A Woman's Place is long, but trust me he is worth it! I feel very blessed to have him as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2571147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Dr. G is an A+ Doc! Kind gentle competent and will answer patient questionsyou are in good hands at a woman's placeI have seen Dr G 4 years and recommended him to my mom who also sees him. recently I needed to go to see him kind of last minute and he was unavailable I saw Dr Chang and she was excellent too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2560968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

I switched to Dr. Giovinne when I was about 34 weeks pregnant. I live in Staten Island. A hospital in Manhattan was closing down and my current ob/gyns would not give me their word that they would let me try a vaginal birth after 2 cesareans. Before the hospital was going to close down they were one of the few groups who would let me have a trial of labor after 2 prior c-sections. So I got very lucky and somebody in the international cesarean awareness network group referred me to "A Womens Place" and said that Dr. Giovinne would let a women try a vaginal birth after 2 prior c-sections. I had to travel about 2 hours to use him. He told me that there was around a 50/50 chance but he would let me try. All the office visits were pleasant. They are located in a beautiful parts of NJ. Myself and my doula went to the hospital when I was at 9cm and I delivered all naturally vaginally. I will never, ever forget this group. He made it possible for me to have a vaginal birth.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2485048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Staff put me on hold for a long time, I hung up and called back. Wendy kept me on hold on the phone 4.5 minutes. Answered two questions hastily. Was annoyed at further questions. Put me on hold for a person "standing in front of her." I mentioned I was in line before that person. I was put on hold and hung up. Despite her looking at my record, and me telling her my problem, she did not call me back. She was uncaring and inconsiderate. I told her I had no problem waiting 3 months to see Dr Giovine after she offered other doctors in the practice. I did not appreciate her hurried and what I perceived as annoyed attitude when I asked questions. At this point I do not want her to call me back. I will to there to "wait" in the waiting room as she indicated there is always a wait as if waiting was a right of passage to do business with them. I have had only good experiences with Dr. Giovine; but I will not subject myself to a staff that is more concerned about their duties than my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2018827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2012

First off the staff at A Womans place locations is something I have never seen before- personable, helpful, soo nice. The doctors affiliated here, specifically Dr Soussan and Giovine are the 2 I saw- they are both equally passionate and caring. I had to be rushed into their office on a number of occassions and I was always taken right in, never rushed. I suffered a miscarriage and they took top notch care of me with the utmost concern. I am now pregnant again and they are taking extra care of me and I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs a caring, knowledgable, supportive, honest doctor. I truly feel like I am in the best hands and knowing I have them allows me to thoroughly enjoy my pregnancy and not have any worries or concerns becauseI know the doctors are there at any given time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2018826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2011

If it wasn't for Dr. Giovine, I am not sure my daughter would be here as healthy as she is today. I had a high risk pregnancy due to being overweight. Early on, I had high blood pressure and eventually developed gestational diabetes. Dr. Giovine was there for me every step of the way. He saw me often and sent me to have extra ultrasounds to keep an eye on my progress. I am a high strung person, always worrying and panicking -- he kept me calm. I would never go to another OBGYN. His office is always busy but that only goes to show how many people want to go to him. He is kind, gentle, and an amazing doctor. I refer everyone I know to go to him. After I had my daughter, I missed seeing him every week. With my problems, I could have severe complications but I didnt thanks to Dr. G. Everytime I look at my daughter and how exceedingly healthy she is, I think of of him and how he was the one who helped me deliver her safely.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2018825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

The waiting time in the office is terrible. I waited over three hours and the was seen by a Nurse practitioner, not the doctor I waited for. This happened twice to me. I will never go back!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2018829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

Dr. Giovine is by far the sweetest,most caring doctor I have ever encountered. He truly seems to care about my problems and concerns. He always returns my phone calls. I have always left his office feeling confident in what he advises. I feel very lucky to have found such a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2018824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I wish Dr. G was my doctor for everything. I almost want to get pregnant again just so I can go and see him. He is the BEST - calm, caring, knowledgible, willing to spend time with you. If you're looking for a OB GYN, he should be the first one you try. I have recommended him to many of my friends and they are always impressed. His staff can sometimes let him down and the sheer volume of patients he has on his books, does lead to some delays in the office. But I don't care; HE is such a great doctor, that I can forgive the minor inconveniences.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2018823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2011

This doctor is the BEST - role model for all obgyns. Very good with patients with a lot of anxiety(including myself). I had 2 c-sections with him. He is so calm and soft-spoken. He was recommended to me by a nurse and when I went to the hospital for the tour, the nurses there raved about him. The waiting room wait can be long - but he is worth the wait! Ask for him when you make your appointment as he also has several young doctors in the practice with him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2018822].votes_count ]]