Rate Dr. J. Julie Chen

Dr. J. Julie Chen's Ratings

On my first visit Dr. Chen was very nice, engaged & promised me she would help me & gave me a hug. That was Dr.Chen1. The medication she prescribed didn't work & I was suicidal for 2 weeks because she refused to change my medication (per her staff). On every other visit Dr. Chen was rude, angry, didn't make eye contact & didn't care what I had to say. This woman has split personalities. She gave me trigger point injection & a 5 minute "acupuncture" treatment. I've had trigger point injections & that is not what she did. The injections did NO good. The staff here is unhappy & overworked. The waiting room is always packed because she is so far behind. Terrible Doctor charging for "bogus" procedures. A pain management Doctor should care about their patients or at least listen. Not Dr. Chen.

Submitted April 4, 2014 | flag

Dr. Julie Chen is the BEST of the BEST. My Mom is 92 and has been seeing various doctors for a hip pain for half a year with very little help. Dr. Chen fixed her pain the first visit and my Mom has no negative side effects. Dr. Chen is very personable, caring and understanding. She takes the time to listen and then applies her skill as is applicable. It appears that the same person wrote all the negative responses below. Too bad some patients go to a professional, certified and trained Doctor for their advice and treatment, but then think they know more than the Doctor. Whatever, some people are chronic complainers. All of us here, especially my 92 year old mother (the patient), give Dr. Chen the very highest rating and recommendation.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

This Dr. Should be closed by the medical board. Dr. Chen is rude, ignorant and doesn't really seem to care about the Patient she takes on. She had me on meds that I couldn't function on. When I told her that I didn't want to take the meds because I didn't feel safe Operating a vehicle with my 15 month old son in the car, she told me I still needed to cont on the meds for two weeks. I never returned. She is going to kill someone if she not stopped! Since you must have a Referral from another doctor WE should make the referring doctor know not to refer her to ANY of their patients. Spread the word! Save a life.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Chen is the worst "physician" (and I use that term loosely) that I have ever enountered. As stated previously, she does not make eye contact with the patient. She relies on a "medical assistant" to take vital signs and ask a "pain scale". She does not even look at this data, nor the history of the patient. There is absoluteley no physical assessment completed on her part and no questions regarding current status are ever asked. Dr. Chen does not allow for questions or discussion. She decides (based on her mood that day ) whether she will treat your chronic, debilitating, degenerative disease for the next 30 days. She will cut your medication in half without warning and when asked for information as to why she will state "I am the doctor and you are the patient", followed by an office staff stating "Dr. Chen could lose her license". Dr. Julie Chen should learn patient's pain is what THEY SAY IT IS-not what SHE decides it is!

Submitted July 12, 2013 | flag

Dr.Chen was rude, never made eye contact, has a poor, at best, command of the English language, and ignored my commentary regarding my medication history andit's effectiviness. She went on to inform me that this was her practice and shewould treat me as she saw fit. If I didn't like it ...too bad. She had very negative comments about my previous Dr.and why he was no longer in practice. I find myself in agreement in most of the negative comments previously made and would be inclined that she is in the business as a money machine. She didn't remember the medications she had previously given me, and told she was going to write 4 scripts for me this time. She didn't and when I questioned the OA I was told that the prescription machine was not working correctly. (Never did get all the scripts!) Until I can find a real Dr. I am forced to continue to put up with her nasty, unprofessional approach to medical treatment.

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

My name is Rebecca V., and I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Chen and her staff in December. She was so personable, and I felt at ease discussing my medical conditions. Though she was helping her collegue at the time who was ill, she took great care of my medical concerns. I realized she had many patients and was kind enough, the scheduler and Edmond to get me in to see her on her lunch time. That spoke volumes. I will ask her to see if I can become a permanent patient for my pain care that is ongoing. Woman to woman, I felt comfortable and realized her kindness and compassion to listen and guide me in the direction that was best for my ailments. I would recommend her to friends and family, when the question is addressed to me. She is courteous, upfront credible, and compassionate and I felt a great connection with her and her professional staff. Kudos to all of you! Rebecca V.

Submitted April 14, 2013 | flag

Worst experience ever. She never closes the door during meeting with you, the staff is rude and so is Dr Chen. I asked if I could wait a month to get my first nerve injection due to a busy month and she said no, it was being scheduled in 2 weeks and she wouldn't give me more pain medication without it. At my first appt we discussed me getting off my meds (This is all I want thus trying her alternate approaches and acupuncture) but she lowered my medication at my second visit (1st time writing me a script) without even telling me and not yet having a procedure! I don't hear well and when I asked her to repeat herself she yelled at me and said "I needed to pay attention and listen". I overlooked many things at my first appt and meeting with her bc I was excited about getting off meds, injections at the site of the nerve pain and acupuncture but after the second visit being worse than the first I decided to dismiss myself and never return.

Submitted April 10, 2013 | flag

This office needs to be turned into the Medical Board...Dr. Chen should not be allowed to have a license...The whole experience was like being in the monkey exhibit at the zoo...Her staff is beyond rude as well as Dr. Chen!!! When I first arrived I was taken by her MA, whom was cursing in the office, thru a maze in the office into a completely different medical office for my urine tox screen...When I asked her who's office is this? Her response was "Dr. Chen's, she owns both of these offices, she is licensed in more things than just pain management". She went on to say "She does some skin care as well, she doesn't do much of that, but she is trained with the lazer". WHAT!! Where the hell am I! I waited for an hour to see her, the girl that took me tothe exam room had saggy pants on and I could see her underwear, there was a dog in the office, and then when Dr. Chen came in she told straight up that I was fat...She was just plan RUDE and unprofessional. Would not send a stray dog here!!

Submitted March 29, 2013 | flag

Dr Chen is very rude and disrespectful,iI have three kids and a wife and all I want to do is take care of them I was seeing Dr pojie for over a year and she understood the pain I was in. She was unable to take my insurance any more so they switched me to Dr Chen , she announced all my blood work results to the waiting room and told them why I was there she yells at you and tells you that you don't need meds you just need a massage her staff is very rude and likes to schedule patients way after there meds are due . They never do what they say they are going to do and have a dog freely roaming the office . But yet you can't bring your children there . Its absolutely crazy and she dosent deserve to be a doctor let alone a pain Dr I wouldent recommend her to a tree let alone a human being. Because she do sent deserve to have her license

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

My insurance paid at 100% and I was still charged for co-insurance. Tried to get it back was a nightmare. Needless to say I was given injections without discussing the effects or what to expect. I did not sign releases for this. Totally unprofessional service. I would not recommend this Physician to anyone. This Physician is all about money and not the patient care or the patient's concerns or questions. Where is the hypicritical oath applied Dr.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2013 | flag