Rate Dr. J. Julie Chen

Dr. J. Julie Chen's Ratings

I am writing because I know that people often write when there are negative opinions, and information found on the Internet is skewed to be biased. I saw Dr. Girrody last week, she did an excellent and thorough intake and was so compassionate. She does not see patients with abdominal issues so I saw Dr. Chen today. I have had a type of bypass surgery and horrible pain. Dr. Chen does an AMAZING job. For those of you that have seen doctor after doctor and just gotten more and more frustrated- this is the practice to go to. Dr. Chen was so understanding, compassionate, and helped me understand my pain on a conceptual level. No other doctor has does this for me (not for lack of trying, maybe because the knowledge base wasn't there). Dr. Chen works from a holistic view, and understands how pain can effect your entire life. I was able to get acupuncture and accupressure as well- this doctor was great as well. I really think it's important to let people know what a great place this is- very unique. The doctors are truly compassionate and the staff are friendly and helpful. I have read others stating that positive reviews must be from the staff. That is just not true. Erin Foster

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Dr. Chen has been my doctor for several years. I started to see her from a referral and I had a lot of back pain back then. Thank God for her! She started to treat me and started giving me good doses of what I need and gradually reduced them over time. Now I'm pain free through therapy and treatment she recommended. I would recommend her wholeheartedly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2725811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

Dr. Chen was my Doctor for 10 months. Worst Doctor ever. Rude, angry, doesn't even make eye contact & god forbid you ask her a question. I'd bet my house that some of these reviews were written by her staff or herself. The state released guidelines on the amount of pain medication prescribed to non terminal patients. Instead of reading the guidelines Dr. Chen made arbitrary decisions to stop giving proper medication. I now see a Doctor who uses his knowledge to prescribe adequate medication. The state released suggested guidelines NOT regulations or new law. Stay away from this woman,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2705602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

The Staff there is amazing they are very friendly and are willing to go that extra mile to help you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I have known Dr. Julie Jing Chen for a while. I was treated by her once several years ago. I referred to her several patients. The referred patients like the results.

Dr. Chen is one of few pain specialists who want to decrease the amount of drug for their pain patients. She believes that increasing the dosage to kill pain only make the patients addicted to the pain-killing medicine. She wants to avoid or decrease the pain killing medicine if possible.

I saw with my own eyes. She ordered her staff to flush the remainder of the pills from the bottle into the toilet before the staff handed the prescription to the patient. She asked her staff counted and recorded how many pills in the bottle that would go into toilet. I ask her why? She said that she followed the law and standard procedure. She can not allow the her medicine end on the street.

She tries very hard to observe the law and regulations related to the killing-pain medicine.

She told me once. Some of the drugs can be sold on the market illegally to make a lot of money.

She does not want to be part of it.

I wonder for these negative comments. Is it because that Dr. Chen decrease the dosage of the medicine? Or these comments are the facts.

I think that patients need to experience with her themselves.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2661045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

Absolutely the worse Dr I've ever seen. She is extremely rude and thinks she knows everything about you and your life. She uses the excuse of age as a reason for not being in pain. I can't tell you how many times I heard " you're to young to need pain medicine" I'm 46 and my condition is degenerative. After 1 test (EMG) that her partner preformed, she said it was normal so "you no need pain medicine" since you can't have pain when your nerve test is normal.....ignorance at its finest. My pain is in my bones and disc. This so called Dr needs to have her license revoked before she kills someone or drives someone to suicide. She has completely destroyed my life with her actions. Please be warned that if you see her she will make your pain worse not better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

On my first visit Dr. Chen was very nice, engaged & promised me she would help me & gave me a hug. That was Dr.Chen1. The medication she prescribed didn't work & I was suicidal for 2 weeks because she refused to change my medication (per her staff). On every other visit Dr. Chen was rude, angry, didn't make eye contact & didn't care what I had to say. This woman has split personalities. She gave me trigger point injection & a 5 minute "acupuncture" treatment. I've had trigger point injections & that is not what she did. The injections did NO good. The staff here is unhappy & overworked. The waiting room is always packed because she is so far behind. Terrible Doctor charging for "bogus" procedures. A pain management Doctor should care about their patients or at least listen. Not Dr. Chen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2308685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Dr. Julie Chen is the BEST of the BEST. My Mom is 92 and has been seeing various doctors for a hip pain for half a year with very little help. Dr. Chen fixed her pain the first visit and my Mom has no negative side effects. Dr. Chen is very personable, caring and understanding. She takes the time to listen and then applies her skill as is applicable. It appears that the same person wrote all the negative responses below. Too bad some patients go to a professional, certified and trained Doctor for their advice and treatment, but then think they know more than the Doctor. Whatever, some people are chronic complainers. All of us here, especially my 92 year old mother (the patient), give Dr. Chen the very highest rating and recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][307624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

This Dr. Should be closed by the medical board. Dr. Chen is rude, ignorant and doesn't really seem to care about the Patient she takes on. She had me on meds that I couldn't function on. When I told her that I didn't want to take the meds because I didn't feel safe Operating a vehicle with my 15 month old son in the car, she told me I still needed to cont on the meds for two weeks. I never returned. She is going to kill someone if she not stopped! Since you must have a Referral from another doctor WE should make the referring doctor know not to refer her to ANY of their patients. Spread the word! Save a life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][307630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2013

Dr. Chen is the worst "physician" (and I use that term loosely) that I have ever enountered. As stated previously, she does not make eye contact with the patient. She relies on a "medical assistant" to take vital signs and ask a "pain scale". She does not even look at this data, nor the history of the patient. There is absoluteley no physical assessment completed on her part and no questions regarding current status are ever asked. Dr. Chen does not allow for questions or discussion. She decides (based on her mood that day ) whether she will treat your chronic, debilitating, degenerative disease for the next 30 days. She will cut your medication in half without warning and when asked for information as to why she will state "I am the doctor and you are the patient", followed by an office staff stating "Dr. Chen could lose her license". Dr. Julie Chen should learn patient's pain is what THEY SAY IT IS-not what SHE decides it is!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][307629].votes_count ]]