Rate Dr. Michael A. Henry

Dr. Michael A. Henry's Ratings

I would echo the lack of bedside manner mentioned by other reviewers. Also has complete disrespect of patient's time. Scheduled me for a procedure, when I arrived he hadn't even gotten up to shower yet. I had arranged for child care, rescheduled my whole day and my husband had taken off work. This morning I've already waited 90 minutes to be called for my procedure. The staff never made any effort to tell us it would be a free for all and to bring something to do. I could have been doing work this whole time. Who knows when they will actually call me back. Instead of spending the morning with my family I'm searching my insurance for other in network providers. As a health care professional, I would not recommend this doctor.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2014 | flag

My wife and I had IVF which lead to us getting pregnant. We lost our son at 20 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Three months later my wife found out she was pregnant again, this time naturally (thank God). At 19 weeks my wife found out she was funneling and needed an emergency cerclage. Even though this pregnancy was not through Dr. Henry, Dr. Henry took time to stop by the hospital and see how everything was going. The Dr. is a little quirky, but what do you expect for a specialist in his field? My wife and I had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Henry and his office.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

I was very young, when I was referred to Dr. Henry. I had irregular periods, and he did a lot of testing. He mentioned that when I was ready to conceive, I would need Clomid. Years later, I went on to have my Clomid baby (1st round) and an IVF baby after him. Dr. Henry was my first reproductive physician, and I am eternally grateful for his help.

Submitted June 28, 2014 | flag

I would not recommend this physician. I was referred due to multiple miscarriages and am not (at least yet) a candidate for IVF or other fetility treatments and I found his bedside manner to be a little lacking. When I asked about the outcome for tests he said "we'll see when we get to it" and regarding genitic testing I wanted more information than that response. Also the nurses were supposed to call with the insurance code and costs so I could find out how much I would need to pay out of pocket and they never called. When I followed up they told me to call the hospital but didn't provide a number or an area to call. I'm going to find someone else.

Submitted May 21, 2014 | flag

I was extremely nervous for my first appt. with him. I felt very comfortable and finally had some hope after meeting with him. i felt like i found the perfect doctor when i left. He listens so all my concerns. i have only had one bad experience with one nurse of all my visits. I dont think it was even Dr. Henry's nurse. He is wonderful.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2013 | flag

Dr. Henry removed several cysts on my ovary and I got pregnant for the first time 2 months later at the age of 39! Dr. Henry has a caring bedside manner and a wonderful dry wit. I had only one ovary to begin with when I came to him, and hardly any eggs. No follicles firing, really not a chance. Yet here I am, expecting my first! The staff is organized, knowledgeable, friendly and they seem to work well together. Most of my interactions were with Lauren (nurse), who took extra time to help me find more inexpensive meds, and always called me back promptly regarding any question I had, no matter the level of importance. I would think that it's pretty common in this business to burn out. You either shatter someone's dreams or give them the ultimate gift on a regular basis. In addition, I'm sure the patients are constantly challenging the personal ethics of the staff and physicians. That said, there are NO burnouts in this office! Don't waste any more time, make an appointment!

Submitted Aug. 15, 2013 | flag

Extremely disappointed in my care. I would never recommend this physician. I believe infertility is a very sensitive issue and I find how I was treated to be awful. I had to have emergency surgery because of an implantation in a blocked tube which is an issue in itself but afterwards at post op appt his exact words were "oh yeah you are the one I said the tube wasn't blocked and it was" I felt humiliated on several occasions for asking questions so I shut my mouth and I did what I was told. I ended up with emergency surgery and my chance of getting pregnant cut in more than 1/2. Trust the comments you read it's not worth it.

Submitted May 6, 2013 | flag

Dr Henry was im no way very helpful at first he was ok i had endometrois he did a laproscope found 2 cysts one on the right and one on theleft ovary however i have no left tube or ovary. A couple of months past and i started to have severe pain again and Dr. Henry was in total denile about my pain i ended up inthe er 2 weekends in a row the second trip to the er the er dr called him a informed him he needed to do something he got mad told me to stay in bed until my appts with him when i saw him after the last er trip he got really mad did another ultrasound he i geuss didnt beleive the er i on the other hand had got a second opion and when i saw Dr Henry after my second opinion he said the ultrasound had no change in the two to three weeks. I saw the second opinion asked to get my er report i said sure he the second opinion dr said i neede surgery that the cysts doubled in 2 weeks time and dr henry said no change the next day i was in emergancy surgery with the other dr the next day.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2013 | flag

Dr. Henry is very positive. Always used "when you get pregnant" not "if" like others I have seen. He is straight forward and if he doesn't know something, he flat out tells you. He DOES NOT beat around the bush. I have less than a 1% chance of getting pregnant without IVF. Even though it is very expensive, I would not go to a different doctor even if I could get a price break! I've read some of the negative comments and he does refer you to someone else if he is not the right person to talk to (that should not be a negative!). As for the nurses, sometimes it did take a couple of calls to get all the information, but with all the people they see how can they know your case specifically each time you call.

Submitted March 20, 2012 | flag

Dr. Henry is a very calculating person. I was struggling with PCOS and infertility and during our first appointment, Dr. Henry only addressed my husband and rarely spoke directly to me or made eye contact with me. I told him I was concerned about the side effects of PCOS and wondered if there were things I could do to manage them (acne, weight gain, etc) and his answer was, "That's not the kind of doctor I am. Go to your regular practioner for those questions." I decided that if he didn't want to take the time to help me with my basic questions, then I didn't want to spend my time and money at his clinic. Not a friendly doctor.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag