Rate Dr. David A. O'Toole

Dr. David A. O'Toole's Ratings

I will start by saying, "I never got to see Dr. O'Toole because when my medical records were faxed to Dr. O'Toole I received a phone call from his "Office Manager", and holy cow, this guy is off the charts! He was literally screaming at me, shouting, and telling me I had cancelled an appt. and accused me of things, I had never done, period! When I tried to stop him from shouting at me, it was pretty impossible, and I tried to talk but, he wouldn't stop shouting so I finally just simply "hung up on him"... Few weeks later this same "office manager calls me back" and he explains that he really, really, really, really had to talk to Dr. O'Toole to get him to agree to speak to me...I said hey Mr. "I hung up on him" and he said to me oh, "he doesn't remember, did I hang up on him? He doesn't remember? I thought Lord God, this guy is insane and I was nice to him but, "not possible I'd ever dar go to an office with staff like what Dr, "O Toole has, and allows...I'd be too afraid to be around someone that crazy much less seek "medical help from an office with medical staff like that"...I got To Greensboro, NC, and I am having surgery, and S1 Joint Fusion nexrt week. I did go to Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Associates in Greensboro, NC which "Dr. Harkins is the Pain doctor there" and his staff I know by name, they are extra professional in every way. Dr. O'Toole, and most of the doctors and staff, facilities surrounding Eden's Hospital, all are hired through the hospital, not by the doctors there so the doctors themselves, also hired by the hospital which leaves no space for a doctor to say hey, this medical staff isn't working for him or his patients but, to file a complain you have to phone The Hospital, and Director that hires them. I do believe t he Office manager makes misery for the other staff in which he manages as well as he makes misery for patients. But, when a patinet needs to make an appt, or call into their doctor, usually it is "the staff" of the doctor you speak with, hears whats hurting you, your needs maybe and sets your appt.'s for you and if they are not professional, and don't do their jobs then, how would you know how good a doctor is???? You couldn't pay me to go near Dr. O'Toole's office, period! They need to drug test, and mentally evaluate this Office Manager or better yet, "fire him" , and replace him with medical staff that are professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

I was a patient of Dr Tool. I HAD A PRESCRIPTION FOR OXYGEN FILL ON 4/1/2014 WHEN IT WAS TIME for my next refill which was non 5/1/2014 but wrote on prescription couldn't be filled til 5/18. I called the night before I went to see he finally wrote me a prescription for oxytocin to be filled on 5/5. But since I was out medication I wrote up at 3 in the morn hurting so bad I couldn't stand the pain. I had to take one of my husband's pain pills of course dr Toto did a drug screen on me & dropped me.I tried to explain how bad the pain was and know he got mad because I called him out on writing my prescription on 4/1and when I went to drugstore &got a printout of my refills he got mad. I told him that was first time I had ever did that he would not listen to me.I also know a patient he has seen & they told him up front they was doing pot and he told not to do any pot for three months & come back & they would do a urine test.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

After an epidural and two facets I am in agonizing pain that has increased after each procedure. For more than 3 months I have had unending pain and when I call the office the male office manager has been rude and unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2575677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

best doctor I've ever had in my entire life! he tells you how it is how, how to fix it without covering it up with pills....he truly cares

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2559294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I have been to Dr O'toole 3 time . I absolutely love him. Both him and his staff are wonderful. I am so terrified of a needle . He put one in my back 8 weeks ago and it has really help my pain . He put one in my knee it's week hopefully it will do as good as my back has..I think everyone in his office is very compassionate. He far as medications there's nothing wrong with being drug tested and monitored.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2535169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

I have not yet, personally met the doctor, however I have spoken with the so called "office manager" and he is the most rudest, un-compassionate prick to say the LEAST!! I have had two surgeries on my knee and am scheduled for another one in December. My orthopedic doctor referred me to a pain management doctor due to my on going chronic pain with my knee, (which he says is basically shot) and I am in need of a complete knee replacement, however that will have to wait atleast 15 to 20 years because I am 27 years of age, therefore too young to have it done. This "office manager" called to ask me questions ..such as who was my primary physician and so fourth....as soon as he got on the phone he had an attitude from the start..saying and I quote "just so you're clear we give shots with needles
In your knee and burn nerve endings and that's what were for" basically acting like
I'm some naive 27 year old idiot who is just looking for pills (to abuse or sale) and I guess to intimidate me. The very next day he calls me back with (same shitty, unprofessional, rude) attitude asking me for my last name (as if he didn't have records right in front of face with my name all over them) and accusing me of lying about my last name and saying I lied about my primary health care doctor, and no he did not put this nicely he bluntly called me a liar! First of all I've never ever had a drug problem in my life, and yes i may be 27 years old , but doesn't mean I don't have pain ( pain has no age) not to mention all the documentation he had sitting infront of his face of my condition. He had no business stereotyping me, calling me a liar, being hateful and acting like my life depended on him (as if I can't be sent to another pain physician.) I have never in my life spoken to a so called "professional" with this condescending attitude. Makes me wonder who in the world would give such a horrible person this job, I'm sure he has done this to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

I had a referral for injections only, no prescriptionsoucis at all, at first , the office manager said it was not a problem. After a month, he calls and says they will not so them because I didn't have a family pysician. I was in pain for a monthird waiting for these people .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2476843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Dr otoole is wonderful. I trust him 100 percent. Luv him!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2314030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. O'Toole is absolutely amazing. You will never have to worry about time...he's never been running late

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][311554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2014

If you are looking for a Physician that spends 90% of his time in the hospital giving epidural shots and one day a week doing follow-up, this is your man. Just another pain clinic mill that really does nothing to help address the patients problems. Dr. Tool (as I call him) just wants to get as much out of your insurance company he can, and could care less about managing pain. He has had numerous practices start up, and close over the past 10 years. He is notorious for canceling appointments the day of your appointment, and will chastise you and call you irresponsible if you return the favor to him. Really arrogant physician that just cares about the all mighty dollar. Do yourself a favor and find a physician that has compassion and tries to treat the patient with something other than a credit card reader, needle, and bottle of pills....What a TOOL!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][311555].votes_count ]]