Rate Dr. David A. O'Toole

Dr. David A. O'Toole's Ratings

I have been to Dr O'toole 3 time . I absolutely love him. Both him and his staff are wonderful. I am so terrified of a needle . He put one in my back 8 weeks ago and it has really help my pain . He put one in my knee it's week hopefully it will do as good as my back has..I think everyone in his office is very compassionate. He far as medications there's nothing wrong with being drug tested and monitored.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2014 | flag

I have not yet, personally met the doctor, however I have spoken with the so called "office manager" and he is the most rudest, un-compassionate prick to say the LEAST!! I have had two surgeries on my knee and am scheduled for another one in December. My orthopedic doctor referred me to a pain management doctor due to my on going chronic pain with my knee, (which he says is basically shot) and I am in need of a complete knee replacement, however that will have to wait atleast 15 to 20 years because I am 27 years of age, therefore too young to have it done. This "office manager" called to ask me questions ..such as who was my primary physician and so fourth....as soon as he got on the phone he had an attitude from the start..saying and I quote "just so you're clear we give shots with needles
In your knee and burn nerve endings and that's what were for" basically acting like
I'm some naive 27 year old idiot who is just looking for pills (to abuse or sale) and I guess to intimidate me. The very next day he calls me back with (same shitty, unprofessional, rude) attitude asking me for my last name (as if he didn't have records right in front of face with my name all over them) and accusing me of lying about my last name and saying I lied about my primary health care doctor, and no he did not put this nicely he bluntly called me a liar! First of all I've never ever had a drug problem in my life, and yes i may be 27 years old , but doesn't mean I don't have pain ( pain has no age) not to mention all the documentation he had sitting infront of his face of my condition. He had no business stereotyping me, calling me a liar, being hateful and acting like my life depended on him (as if I can't be sent to another pain physician.) I have never in my life spoken to a so called "professional" with this condescending attitude. Makes me wonder who in the world would give such a horrible person this job, I'm sure he has done this to others.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

I had a referral for injections only, no prescriptionsoucis at all, at first , the office manager said it was not a problem. After a month, he calls and says they will not so them because I didn't have a family pysician. I was in pain for a monthird waiting for these people .

Submitted July 22, 2014 | flag

Dr otoole is wonderful. I trust him 100 percent. Luv him!!!!!!!

Submitted May 29, 2014 | flag

Dr. O'Toole is absolutely amazing. You will never have to worry about time...he's never been running late

Submitted Jan. 28, 2014 | flag

If you are looking for a Physician that spends 90% of his time in the hospital giving epidural shots and one day a week doing follow-up, this is your man. Just another pain clinic mill that really does nothing to help address the patients problems. Dr. Tool (as I call him) just wants to get as much out of your insurance company he can, and could care less about managing pain. He has had numerous practices start up, and close over the past 10 years. He is notorious for canceling appointments the day of your appointment, and will chastise you and call you irresponsible if you return the favor to him. Really arrogant physician that just cares about the all mighty dollar. Do yourself a favor and find a physician that has compassion and tries to treat the patient with something other than a credit card reader, needle, and bottle of pills....What a TOOL!

Submitted Oct. 10, 2013 | flag

I will say this if you are looking for help with your pain right away , then forget it . The first time you go is just to talk to him . And to talk to him cost 125 dollars or maybe 150 it seems they don't have a set price . The clinic I go to had sent them my records and told them it would cost 125 dollars but when dr o'tools office called me , he said 150. I said the clinic said 125 and he said , that would work also . I just feel they are in it for the money , and can care less about your pain . I thought after we talked and he looked at my records that showed 4 bulging disc he would help me , but I was wrong . I would had to make another appointment to maybe get help . I demanded my money back , I was not going to pay him 125 just to talk when he could have looked at my records and see there is a problem . One of the staff told me he has never had pain so he does not know what it feels like . I wish no harm to him , but he might eat them words one day. Good luck all in pain .

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

Lack of ethics. He told me and my wife over a dozen times during 3 office visits that he'd call me in now and then to count my pills. We would have 48 hours advance notice to get to his office, but he lied. He called me at 9AM on Thursday 4/18/2013 and demanded that I be there the next day Friday 4/19/2013. Because I couldn't make it 24 hours he dropped me as a patient. I had no problem coming the following Monday 4/22/2013, but that was unacceptable. I'm 100% disabled and don't drive. We are poor, so we only own 1 vehicle that is shared by my wife and my 21 and 19 year old daughters. We have limited use of that car, plus Eden, NC is a 30 minute ride for us. I'm a father of 4 and a husband of 21 years. I am a devout Christian and 1 thing I despise most of all are liars, especially when they're your care giver. I have permanent and debilitating chronic pain. Not only did being cut off from medication harm me physically, but also psychologically as I have fallen into a deep depression.

Submitted May 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. O'Toole is fabulous. He is compassionate, professional, knowledgeable & helpful. Dr. O'Toole took the time to explain & point out the nerves & bones causing the pain. I am very happy to have found him.

Submitted March 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. O'Toole is wonderful.. I personally love him and his staff and he has worked miracles for me...

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag