Rate Dr. David A. O'Toole

Dr. David A. O'Toole's Ratings

My experience with Dr. O'Tooles office has been great. I was in pain for my neck back shoulders and arms for about 9 months I went to several different doctors from eden to Greensboro and finally found Dr. O'Toole. I had injections in my neck and arm and after a few weeks. I was back to my old self. I could not believe how good I felt. If it hadn't been for him I don't know what I would have done. It was driving me crazy. I know now that if I need him he is right here to help. He is a compassionate person, very knowledgeable, and explains what is wrong with you in terms that you can understand. I totally put my trust in him and thank him very much for all he has did for me..
As for the staff. I know his nurse wouldn't be walking without him. Stacy is super nice and I really like her..
The office manger is very friendly, and very helpful to me when I call and need an appointment or to ask a question. I really can't believe all these negative comments. He is very professional. I love this office and all the ones who work there.
I would recommend them to anyone
Very satisfied.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Office managers off the chain some one needs to put that deranged maniac back on his leash

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2717387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

I'm scared of this office manager but my husband goes to Dr otolle soon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

So far Dr O'Toole has been a great doctor but as far as the office manager goes they really need to get rid of that guy. He is rude and hateful as can be to people and he does not like me because I am one that speaks my mind back to him. The only issue I have his him we have been waiting over 2 weeks for them to get the prescription wrote for pain and I have been out of medication for over 10 days now. That is the only issue I have at this point as far as the doctor goes I would give him 5 stars.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2695184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I can't believe this 'office manager' is still working for Dr O'Toole. I have been trying to get an appointment with hum since August..but this fool who answers the phone, says his name is Luto, gives you such a hard time & interrogates you. Will not give you an appointment, because he wanted the name of a pain clinic I went to in August, which I was not satisfied with as they did not address my issue..just wanted to give me pain killers. I do not know the name of that clinic. I had been seeing Dr O'Toole at the pain clinic at Lexington Hospital & he was great. And I know he would find out what is causing this awful pain. But that idiot is preventing me from seeing him. I am going to write him a personal letter, telling him about this person. Dr O'Toole always got 5 stars from me. So my rating does Not reflect on him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2665329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

I will start by saying, "I never got to see Dr. O'Toole because when my medical records were faxed to Dr. O'Toole I received a phone call from his "Office Manager", and holy cow, this guy is off the charts! He was literally screaming at me, shouting, and telling me I had cancelled an appt. and accused me of things, I had never done, period! When I tried to stop him from shouting at me, it was pretty impossible, and I tried to talk but, he wouldn't stop shouting so I finally just simply "hung up on him"... Few weeks later this same "office manager calls me back" and he explains that he really, really, really, really had to talk to Dr. O'Toole to get him to agree to speak to me...I said hey Mr. "I hung up on him" and he said to me oh, "he doesn't remember, did I hang up on him? He doesn't remember? I thought Lord God, this guy is insane and I was nice to him but, "not possible I'd ever dar go to an office with staff like what Dr, "O Toole has, and allows...I'd be too afraid to be around someone that crazy much less seek "medical help from an office with medical staff like that"...I got To Greensboro, NC, and I am having surgery, and S1 Joint Fusion nexrt week. I did go to Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Associates in Greensboro, NC which "Dr. Harkins is the Pain doctor there" and his staff I know by name, they are extra professional in every way. Dr. O'Toole, and most of the doctors and staff, facilities surrounding Eden's Hospital, all are hired through the hospital, not by the doctors there so the doctors themselves, also hired by the hospital which leaves no space for a doctor to say hey, this medical staff isn't working for him or his patients but, to file a complain you have to phone The Hospital, and Director that hires them. I do believe t he Office manager makes misery for the other staff in which he manages as well as he makes misery for patients. But, when a patinet needs to make an appt, or call into their doctor, usually it is "the staff" of the doctor you speak with, hears whats hurting you, your needs maybe and sets your appt.'s for you and if they are not professional, and don't do their jobs then, how would you know how good a doctor is???? You couldn't pay me to go near Dr. O'Toole's office, period! They need to drug test, and mentally evaluate this Office Manager or better yet, "fire him" , and replace him with medical staff that are professional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2658734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

I was a patient of Dr Tool. I HAD A PRESCRIPTION FOR OXYGEN FILL ON 4/1/2014 WHEN IT WAS TIME for my next refill which was non 5/1/2014 but wrote on prescription couldn't be filled til 5/18. I called the night before I went to see he finally wrote me a prescription for oxytocin to be filled on 5/5. But since I was out medication I wrote up at 3 in the morn hurting so bad I couldn't stand the pain. I had to take one of my husband's pain pills of course dr Toto did a drug screen on me & dropped me.I tried to explain how bad the pain was and know he got mad because I called him out on writing my prescription on 4/1and when I went to drugstore &got a printout of my refills he got mad. I told him that was first time I had ever did that he would not listen to me.I also know a patient he has seen & they told him up front they was doing pot and he told not to do any pot for three months & come back & they would do a urine test.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

After an epidural and two facets I am in agonizing pain that has increased after each procedure. For more than 3 months I have had unending pain and when I call the office the male office manager has been rude and unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2575677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

best doctor I've ever had in my entire life! he tells you how it is how, how to fix it without covering it up with pills....he truly cares

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2559294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I have been to Dr O'toole 3 time . I absolutely love him. Both him and his staff are wonderful. I am so terrified of a needle . He put one in my back 8 weeks ago and it has really help my pain . He put one in my knee it's week hopefully it will do as good as my back has..I think everyone in his office is very compassionate. He far as medications there's nothing wrong with being drug tested and monitored.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2535169].votes_count ]]