Rate Dr. Steven R. Sorbera

Dr. Steven R. Sorbera's Ratings

I have been to Dr. Sorbera and they have always been very honest with me in every way. I have lost 85 pounds in 6 months and the diet is very healthy eating. Meats, vegtables and fruits. I bake my meats with veggies in the oven, you have so many choices. You have to want to eat healthy for your yourself. You have to work at it and prepare your foods. It just don't happen. When I think of all the very bad choices I have made for myself over the years. I just thank Dr. Sorbera and his staff for putting me on the right track. You have to give this new way of eating a chance. It's wonderful. You feel so healthy. I no longer take my medications either. My doctors are so excited over my weight loss and how healthy I am and feel. Give it a chance. Your never regret it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2524871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

A family member began seeing this doctor for weight loss and brought home information about alkaline water and some proprietary drops. These products are well known to be scams via a wealth of free information available online, and are potentially illegal according to the FDA. Any product marketed to help a disease must be regulated with the FDA, and since alkaline water has no proven benefit scientifically or medically, it is unlikely the FDA will ever approve the claims made by doctors like Sorbera. The weight loss regimen may work because of the common sense food diet that accompanies the scam products sold to customers. I have reported this doctor to the FDA and the FTC and I want to warn any potential "customers" (I refuse to call them patients) to simply eat properly, drink plenty of water of any pH, and exercise, for free. Avoid this scanner. No real medical professional operates this way.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2314908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

I have had a weight problem almost all my adult life. I have tried various diets and they work while doing them but when I stop, I gain back my weight and sometimes a little more--classic result. With Dr. Sorbera's program, as long as I followed all of the instructions and kept in touch on a weekly basis, the weight did come off. My primary care doctor took me off of my Cholesterol Meds and I no longer have to take a fluid pill as the swelling I used to have around my ankles is gone! Everyone in the office is so helpful and since most of them have been on the program, they know exactly what I went though. I can highly recommend this plan to anyone that has had weight issues. You will get the support and help that you need to get you through your weight loss journey and the guidance to keep you on track after your loss. If you slip up sometimes, you can always contact the office/DR. Sorbera for help. The program works as long as YOU WORK THE PROGRAM. FOLLOW IT TO A T!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2314907].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 2, 2014

I started going to Dr. Sorbera from the recommendation of two friends. I meet with the Dr. and he explained the program to me. He noticed right away that I had had open heart surgery and told me it would not be a problem. I could not go on a lot of other weight loss programs because of medication that I am taking. I have been on the program for two months now and have lost 30 pounds. I did not loose as quickly as others but I knew that my metabolism has always been slow. I did get into a rut and didn't loose like I was supposed to: Dr. Sorbera supplies you his personal phone number so I called him and he told me what to do (which is not listed in his instructions) and told me to call him back the next day. What he told me worked and I continued to lose. He will give you the personal attention you need, but you must tell him you are having problems. The staff is wonderful and always willing to help you not matter if you think "it's a stupid question". Highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2314906].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 22, 2014

I have found this office to be very helpful. Dr. Sorbera has been wonderful also anytime I have a problem he gets it solved. I have lost 85lbs not done yet I do not take any meds for my diabetes. There is no easy answer in weight loss but I have tried everything and this worked. You truly do lose on this program. Thanks So Much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312531].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 18, 2014

I have tried weight watchers, south beach, atkins, and other diets that didn't work for me.My wife and I started Dr. Sorbera's program on 8/01/2013. At that time I weighed 310 pounds and now 4 months later I weigh 235. My wife said she lost 60 pounds but still wont tell me her weight. I now incorporated fruits and more vegetables in my diet and cut out processed and fast food items. If you like me and have tried other diets that didn't work then I would Highly recommend Dr. Sorbera and his highly knowledgeable staff to help guide you through his program and help you get on track to a happier and healthier new life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312530].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013

His program was presented as I could eat whatever I want, just change my body chemistry, and the weight would fall off. Not true at all! At the end of the first week of drinking lots of water, I was told that my MASSIVELY restricted diet would begin the next morning and continue for 30 days. I phoned the doctor, told him that I wanted a full refund because what I was sold was not what he advertises or presents, and he did give me a full refund, minus $50 for one supplement bottle which I had used during the first week. While I imagine that this diet would result in dramatic weight loss, his actual diet is massively restricted - as opposed to the "eat whatever you want diet" as he presents it. http://specialsections.centredaily.com/rop/ads.aspx?advid=1619908

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][312529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2013

I can’t thank you enough! I’m losing weight and I feel great!!! At first, I’ll admit, I thought I’ll never be able to stick to this diet, I thought what am I going to eat, but I am so excited about how creative I have gotten with my cooking! And I’m not hungry!!! Dr Steve’s emails are really encouraging and his office staff is the BEST!!! They are so helpful when I come in with all my questions and because of my work schedule I end up in the office at the end of the day. I know how it feels to have a customer come in shortly before closing time, you know, when you are ready to start the weekend :) But instead of rolling eyes or sighs of disgust, this staff gives a warm welcome!!! And the best part of my trips to get water, is the opportunity to talk to other clients. I get to hear all the success stories, it is so encouraging & keeps me motivated! THANKS Dr Steve!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312528].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 24, 2013

I have nothing but accolades for Dr Sorbera and his staff. How can I thank them enough? They helped me change my entire life and I feel like I'm 19 again! I feel great and am eating healthy! The plan he made for me was good food, plenty of water and all the support and encouragement I needed to be successful! Not only for me but my daughter who also lost weight and completely turned her world upside down. She felt bad emotionally and physically. She had problems that have been serious for her for 12 yrs or more and are now gone and by her own physician's opinion it's because if her weight loss. How can 1000 dollars be too much for that?????? It's a choice. Do you want to spend 100 s of. Dollars eating junk and then more on meds? I'm 51 yes old, no meds and I'm feeling great! Dr Sorbera and his staff have always been there for us and several other people I know personally that have been successful at this plan. They are so encouraging, more like family at the drs office! Big kudos!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][312527].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 16, 2013

In my opinion, if Dr. Sorbera's program was as good as he claims, he would be on every talk show in America and "The Worlds Biggest Loser" would be dropped from television. I went in for the consultation which turned out to be a a one hour sales pitch. I have a cardiac history and Sorbera never once asked about it nor did he refer to the questionnaire that I provided. He seemed unable to deviate from his scripts and spoke only in generalities. I drove an hour to get there, spent an hour at his office watching a stupid video, 10 minutes listening to his sales pitch, and another 15 minutes listening to his staff talk to me about my payment options. In the end, it was three hours that I will never get back. My honest advise is "Don't waste another minute of your life" on this. I found him to be very vague, lacking in specifics, unconcerned about my current health or even why I was interested in losing weight. I'm a male, 5'10", 190lbs. For me it was all about my cholesterol.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][312535].votes_count ]]