Rate Dr. Wernher Ovalle

Dr. Wernher Ovalle's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 5, 2014 | flag

My 92 yr. old Father a patient for over a 30 yrs. w/Ovalle being treated for both Alzheimer's and a colostomy being a surviving Prostate cancer patient, having complications; major congestion, w/stoma/colostomy's malfunction his Alzheimer condition was worse. Arrived @ 5:05(5 mins.late)he was behind in his schedule too after an hour wait He sent nurse home early asked us what was the problem after 2 wks. of calling in to explain problems 4 times to office assistant which was on the file charts, after hour wait and he rushed through the examination never took vital signs, never looked at file and tried to skip out in the middle of the examination w/out listening to the other issues ailing him. Unconscionable that he would leave without thoroughly examining him, never took vital signs/checked him for respiratory problems...I stopped him from leaving w/out consultation & completing examination? He apologized and completed examination and barely gave us the time to hear all ailments!?

Submitted Oct. 7, 2013 | flag

I've been going to Dr. Ovalle for almost 10 years. While the wait time is often longer than it should be, once you are in the exam room you almost always have his full attention, with the exception of phone calls he occasionally takes. He is very thorough, caring, and has a good bedside manner. When he diagnosed me as pre-diabetic, he insisted on sending me to diabetes classes, which changed my life (and eating habits), and because of that, I have not had to go on any medication as a result. Only once, he missed one issue I had when I had a vague, on and off symptoms, and he didn't ask about how much caffeine I was ingesting at the time (a lot!) (although he ran through all the other more serious possibilities which could have been the cause), and the caffeine turned out to be the culprit. Otherwise I find him to be great, and happily continue to see him. His staff is responsive and friendly. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2011 | flag

Don't let his mild manor fool you. Could really care less if you have a major problem!!!!!!

Submitted Feb. 11, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ovalle is very kind and it is obvious he cares about his patients. Even though he is always busy, he takes time to discuss my health issues and takes my concerns seriously. He has been very helpful.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2008 | flag

I did a bit of research before choosing Dr. Ovalle to be my primary care doctor - he came with a good public record and solid references on his skill and caring attitude (from the medical group staff). I had called another medical group and my wife had done the same, and we weren't able to get the staff to indicate better or worse doctors! Dr. Ovalle did a good regular examination that was more comprehensive than most of my earlier physicals, and took the time to explain what each test/proceedure was, why it was being done and what he was looking for... The nurse attendant for some reason hadn't shown up that day, so the only slip was that he forgot to take my height/weight until I reminded him (usually taken care of for him by staff, of course). He followed up promptly with results from lab test, and was good about coordinating follow-up care. All in all, a good medical expierience.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2007 | flag

Dr. Ovalle was the first doctor to really listen and care about my problems. He's really made a difference in my life- He's great.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2007 | flag