Rate Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt

Dr. Miriam S. Bettencourt's Ratings

Dr. Bettencourt is all about making money. She will NOT stitch up the wound the same day even if I begged her. She says it works better to wait till the next day. Seven other surgeries at other facilities always sewed me up immediately, while still numb. By waiting till the next day, it requires more shots and is considered another surgical procedure and does not consider the patient's time. Waiting is excessive. She also used a lab not on my plan, costing me more money. She squabbles with staff in front of customers, etc. I will not go back and will not recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Charged a lab fee that I was told would be written off. Wait time too long. Non responsive billing department.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Dr Bettencourt's staff has A LOT to be desired! Went to get results of biopsy and the nurse/assistant, whatever they are called was all ready and wanted to take out stitches and freeze cancer of my arms! I had no stitches and no cancer on my arms! She also did not have a clue why I was there. I had to explain to her what we needed and why we were there. And it was not to have non exsistant stitches removed and cancer on my arms!!! Extremely short and curt in answering the questions ref how to care for the biopsy that was taken. Extremely rude!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2024612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2013

I had requested one nurse over the other because the one didn't numb me enough when I had something removed and was very painful (took 4 more shots to numb). What nurse did they give me the one I didnt want. I was there 4 months ago and was quoted $200.00 for a procedure when I went back now that same procedure was $400.00 and was told I had Rosacea and she wanted to sell me a $150.00 product that she said worked better than the perscription.I no longer trust her or her staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2024611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

I visit this doctor twice and will never go back. Upon first visit, I found Dr. Bettencourt to be very rushed, rude, and condescending. She avoided answering my simple questions; she did not listen to my concerns and she was more focused on what she had to say. She did not pay attention to me when I could get a word in edgewise. Most of the time she would talk over me and tune me out. Very unprofessional. The absolute most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. I had to visit her a second chance due to a required follow up appointment. Thinking perhaps Dr. Bettencourt was having a bad day on the first visit, I gave her the benefit of the doubt. The second visit reinforced my thoughts of her from the first visit. This person is in the wrong profession, she has “no” people skills. Anyone would be absolutely appalled if they could see a video of my experience with Dr. Bettencourt. Horrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2024610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2012

In a nutshell: Overbooked, runs behind schedule, rushed, rude, & condescending. And why is it so dark in the waiting room and so hot in the patient rooms? Never going back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2024609].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

FIRST CLASS DOCTOR, STAFF WAS GREAT AND HELPFUL MY WAIT WAS VERY SHORT LESS THAN 15 MIN. DOCTOR WAS THROUGH.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2024608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

I arrived @ office @ 1030 for my 1100 appoimnent. It is currently 1150 and I have yet to be put in a patient room. Will repost after appointment (if it happens before I die of boredom) with my opinion of doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2024607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2012

I trust Dr. Bettencourt - her knowledge is exceptional I survived Melanoma many years ago and she continues to watch over me with an expert eye. She is the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2024606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2011

For the 2nd time I am sitting in her office an hour and a half after my scheduled appointment time with the same blank-eyed receptionist giving me the same well-practiced excuses for it and implying that I am being most unreaonable if I think it is the leat bit unusual. Everyone here is right. This doctor is dismissive bordering on rude when answering any medical question. I came in for a suspicious new mole on my face and she made me give her $150 right there on the operating table before removing it because it didn't "look cancerous." Outrageously mercenary. Condescending.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2024605].votes_count ]]