Rate Dr. Andrew Lam

Dr. Andrew Lam's Ratings

The pursuit of excellence must be the yardstick by which to measure Dr. Lam and his staff. The fact that I can still see out of my right eye after one year is not lost on me. Thanks to one and all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr Lam treated me for a detached retina. The care was excellent and very professional. He's not one to linger and chat so have your questions ready and don't be timid.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr. Lam has been my retina specialist since I had a crisis in both eyes at the same time in September, 2010. First he did the surgery to repair a torn retina in my right eye. Then he began treating bleeding and swelling of the macular area of the left eye with shots every six weeks. I've had 36 shots to date. Dr. Lam has been the kindest, gentlest, most caring doctor one would hope to have when one has to get a shot directly in the eye every six weeks. He is also very willing to answer questions and help me learn what I need to know as a patient. He is one of the most intelligent doctors I have ever encountered. In addition, Dr. Lam is surrounded by a staff of nurses, technicians and administrative people who are warm, personable and excellent at what they do. I feel welcomed and cared for by everyone when I go there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2555623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I am an 85 year old male who has been under the care of Dr. Lam for several years. He has treated me for wet age related macular degeneration in both eyes. His course of treatment has resulted in both eyes currently being stable. I find him to be a highly professional, skilled and caring doctor. Thanks, Dr. Lam, I would recommend you to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I developed symptoms of a torn retina on a weekend. Rather than make me wait until Monday, Dr. Lam came into his office on a Saturday afternoon. It was determined that I indeed had a tear in the retina. Dr. Lam performed laser surgery and all is now well. I found him to be very competent, highly professional, kind and compassionate. The office staff and assistants are efficient and personable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Not recommended. Terrible listener. Moves like a bullet train and takes no real time for patients. Arrogant. Manhandles people during procedures. Unclear. The worst. There is one assistant who does the eye exam who is amazing. Other than that - this place is awful. Look elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533691].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Extremely bright and professional. Explained exactly what his diagnosis was. The staff was excellent and the assistants that did the eye exam were amazing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][321433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Very empathetic, knowledgable,soft spoken,clear with instructions.Office was bright and clean.Staff was professional and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][321432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2012

Dr. Lam helped to increase vision in an eye that I thought had no chance of being increased!!! I trust him and would recommend him to everyone!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][321431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2011

I phoned late Saturday with an eye problem and Dr. Lam saw me on Sunday morning. His skill corrected my detached retena and my health was always top priority. He is a good doctor and cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][321430].votes_count ]]