Rate Dr. Steven H. Sacks

Dr. Steven H. Sacks's Ratings

Dr. Sacks was by far the most comforting, knowledgeable, and helpful doctor I have ever been to. He explained everything he was doing, what everything meant that he was recording, and made me feel safe and in good hands. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the NYC area looking for an ENT

Submitted Feb. 5, 2014 | flag

I travel quite a way to see Dr. Sacks and he's worth it! He performed sinus surgery on me about a year ago and it set off pulmonary issues for me which were no biggie -- Dr. Sacks actually called me to apologize. The surgery wasn't totally successful so Dr. Sacks did extensive research and now has me on an oral drug regimen that has kept me infection free for 6+ months!

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

Unlike some other doctors, he knows what is important information to give to patients. That is, you don't have to drag an explanation out of him. Dr. Sacks is knowledgeable and has good psychological sense about how to relate to his patients. It's nice dealing with a doctor who is easy to relate to. And did I mention that he knows his stuff as well?Good doc.

Submitted June 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Sacks is the best diagnostician I have ever known. I have sent countless friends and family members to him over the 21 years I have been his patient. That said, he often runs late, and his staff can be very rude.

Submitted April 11, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Sach's since 1986 after being trapped in an expolosion. I have severe burns to my throat and upper respiratory region. Dr. Sach's did multiple surgeries, opened an airway for me for my vocal cords to move and gave me a tracheotomy as I had nerve and neurological damage. My life before Dr. Sach's was full of medication and mis-diagnosis. I was fitted with a special speaking trache and have had it ever since. I still periodiacally have spasms and breathing issues but because of Dr. Sach's I am able to overcome the medical challenges that come my way. Dr. Sach's is by far the finest doctor I have even worked with compassionate, smart nad caring. He is the absolutely one of the best and I owe him my life! Thank you Jeffrey Gersh

Submitted Feb. 19, 2013 | flag

Best doctor, very and very professional!!!!! I would recommend everyone! He performed endoscopic sinus surgery and he did an excellent job, no complications, he returned me to life, clear and clean breathing ;)

Submitted June 6, 2012 | flag

I see from the ratings, my experience was not unique but I just wanted to say Dr. Sacks is great. I have chronic sinusitis and am so complicated I've had numerous ENTs 'give up' so finding an ENT who will take me on and help in anyway possible is amazing. Dr. Sacks is one of those doctors!

Submitted Feb. 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Sacks is the best ear, nose & throat doc I have had in my life. I have had chronic recurring sinusitis since I was 18 years old. I'm 37 now, and have been seeing him for a year and a half. This is the best my health has been in 19 years. The doc prior to Dr. Sacks told me that I would not find anyone in New York who wouldn't make the same recommendations as he was. He was wrong. With Dr. Sacks, I am healthy & on a pro-active maintenance program. With my previous doc, I was sick for an average of 150 days per year, and was at risk of becoming immune to Amoxicillin.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2011 | flag

after a self examination revealed a small lump in the back of my tongue and the right side of my tongue was attrophied, I saw 7 doctors over 7 months. I was diagnosed with acid reflux, then a hyperglossal nerve condition..no one had an explanation for the attrophy of the tongue. until I got to Dr Sacks, who did a though examination and suspected cancer right away and sent me for a pet scan which confirmed cancer. I thank Dr Sacks for his expertise, caring and follow up and ultimately saving my life. I have now had the tumor surgically removed and am healing.

Submitted July 8, 2011 | flag

Dr. Sacks is the best doc you could ask for on all fronts: communication, friendliness, humor and knowledge. He is the kind of doctor that all doctors should be. Highly recommend!!!!

Submitted Jan. 15, 2011 | flag