Dr. Steven H. Sacks

Doctor (M.D.)

Location:
New York, New York Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website: entandallergy.com External Link
Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Steven H. Sacks has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does take Medicaid besides Aetna?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. Steven H. Sacks
Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

11/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.8
RID: 4762812
05/02/14 4 5 5 5 Dr. Sacks was by far the most comforting, knowledgeable, and helpful doctor I have ever been to. He explained everything he was doing, what everything meant that he was recording, and made me feel safe and in good hands. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the NYC area looking for an ENT
RID: 2693317
24/06/13 2 1 5 5 I travel quite a way to see Dr. Sacks and he's worth it! He performed sinus surgery on me about a year ago and it set off pulmonary issues for me which were no biggie -- Dr. Sacks actually called me to apologize. The surgery wasn't totally successful so Dr. Sacks did extensive research and now has me on an oral drug regimen that has kept me infection free for 6+ months!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2679922
15/06/13 4 3 5 5 Unlike some other doctors, he knows what is important information to give to patients. That is, you don't have to drag an explanation out of him. Dr. Sacks is knowledgeable and has good psychological sense about how to relate to his patients. It's nice dealing with a doctor who is easy to relate to. And did I mention that he knows his stuff as well?Good doc.
RID: 757126
11/04/13 2 2 5 5 Dr. Sacks is the best diagnostician I have ever known. I have sent countless friends and family members to him over the 21 years I have been his patient. That said, he often runs late, and his staff can be very rude.
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 2564494
19/02/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Sach's since 1986 after being trapped in an expolosion. I have severe burns to my throat and upper respiratory region. Dr. Sach's did multiple surgeries, opened an airway for me for my vocal cords to move and gave me a tracheotomy as I had nerve and neurological damage. My life before Dr. Sach's was full of medication and mis-diagnosis. I was fitted with a special speaking trache and have had it ever since. I still periodiacally have spasms and breathing issues but because of Dr. Sach's I am able to overcome the medical challenges that come my way. Dr. Sach's is by far the finest doctor I have even worked with compassionate, smart nad caring. He is the absolutely one of the best and I owe him my life! Thank you Jeffrey Gersh  Respond
RID: 2210244
06/06/12 5 5 5 5 Best doctor, very and very professional!!!!! I would recommend everyone! He performed endoscopic sinus surgery and he did an excellent job, no complications, he returned me to life, clear and clean breathing ;)
RID: 1711170
11/02/12 3 4 5 5 I see from the ratings, my experience was not unique but I just wanted to say Dr. Sacks is great. I have chronic sinusitis and am so complicated I've had numerous ENTs 'give up' so finding an ENT who will take me on and help in anyway possible is amazing. Dr. Sacks is one of those doctors!
Insurance: MVP Health
RID: 1639844
20/11/11 4 3 5 5 Dr. Sacks is the best ear, nose & throat doc I have had in my life. I have had chronic recurring sinusitis since I was 18 years old. I'm 37 now, and have been seeing him for a year and a half. This is the best my health has been in 19 years. The doc prior to Dr. Sacks told me that I would not find anyone in New York who wouldn't make the same recommendations as he was. He was wrong. With Dr. Sacks, I am healthy & on a pro-active maintenance program. With my previous doc, I was sick for an average of 150 days per year, and was at risk of becoming immune to Amoxicillin.
RID: 1482474
08/07/11 5 4 5 5 after a self examination revealed a small lump in the back of my tongue and the right side of my tongue was attrophied, I saw 7 doctors over 7 months. I was diagnosed with acid reflux, then a hyperglossal nerve condition..no one had an explanation for the attrophy of the tongue. until I got to Dr Sacks, who did a though examination and suspected cancer right away and sent me for a pet scan which confirmed cancer. I thank Dr Sacks for his expertise, caring and follow up and ultimately saving my life. I have now had the tumor surgically removed and am healing.
RID: 1337103
15/01/11 3 4 5 5 Dr. Sacks is the best doc you could ask for on all fronts: communication, friendliness, humor and knowledge. He is the kind of doctor that all doctors should be. Highly recommend!!!!
RID: 1148922
13/04/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Sacks is a top-notch ENT doctor, a great diagnostician and a truly warm, caring, sensitive, wonderful human being. He operated on my son's severly deviated septum (due to a fall as a toddler) back in 1994. I am now his patient and have recommended both friends and family members to him. In short, he is great!! Can't find doctors like him anymore with such a fabulous bedside manner. Dr. Steven Sacks is the only ENT doctor to see and Pauline, his assistant is terrific and very helpful too.
RID: 876788
03/05/09 3 3 5 5 If you need an ENT - Steven Sacks is the doctor to see. New York Magazine's top doc list for several years. Dr. Sacks operated on me almost 12 years ago for chronic/pan sinusitis, polyp removal, nasal septum correction and extensive work on several sinus cavities. Post surgery - no pain, no black and blue marks and no discomfort on the removal of packing from both nostrils. I see him several times a year for my asnomia (loss of smell and taste) in my case due to polyps and infections. To say he is compassionate and caring is an understatement. He truly cares about his patients and is always looking for the best treatment to provide, without being invasive. Through these 12 years, he has never let me down, has always been there to provide me with the best treatment possible, and gets me smelling and tasting again. A bedside manner that one longs for - you won't be in better hands with anyone else.
RID: 875526
01/05/09 5 5 5 5 What a wonderful doctor. Superb bedside manners, smart, compassionate, just an overall wonderful doctor. He really cares and wants to make his patients feel better and it certainly shows. Can't recommend highly enough!
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 736614
04/12/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sacks is my cousin and he is the best ENT out their. He is really helpful in managing my nassal problems so that i do not develop pollips and need surgery. He operated on my mother numerous years ago and still is greater than ever. Dr. Sacks is great!
RID: 512017
12/02/08 5 3 5 5 Dr. Sacks is the best clinician I've ever seen, and I've seen many. I went in with one problem--one that was easily addressed--and he went out of his way to offer assistance on other chronic problems that were possibly related to his specialization. At each visit, he explained what he was thinking clearly and fully, and listened very well to everything I said. In the end, my problem was not related to the ear, nose, or throat, but he was still very helpful in many ways.
RID: 462901
12/12/07 4 4 5 5 I LOVE Dr. Sacks! He has been my ENT since my 1999 thyroid surgery and I cannot recommend him enough! He is kind, patient, knowledgeable, trustworthy and FUNNY!! Some of the office staff could use some patient etiquette or be told to find a job they like. That goes for some of the other doctors as well but they are the exception. Pauline and Dr. Sacks are really wonderful!!
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 251599
01/04/07 4 5 5 This is an extremly professional dr. He seems to really know his stuff. My husband was in a bad car acident and could have died had it not been for Dr Sacks  Respond
RID: 33060
22/06/06 4 5 5 Best doctor I ever went to. Very patient oriented and a splendid doctor.
RID: 17956
03/12/05 4 5 5 Dr. Sacks removed my thyroid. He was lovely to deal with, very smart and very compassionate. He hugged me when we found out that the biopsy showed no cancer. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 10194
03/08/05 4 5 5 Excellent doctor. Unlike other doctors I have seen, Dr. Sacks did not merely give me a diagnosis/prescription and rush me out the door; he explained what my condition was and was willing to answer my questions.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 4311
03/01/05 5 5 5 Dr. Sacks operated on my nose in 1988. I had a severe deviated septum, could not breathe and also hated my nose. Not only did he repair the deviated septum, but my nose looks much better that i could have imagined.would recommend him to anyone.  Respond
RID: 2069
11/10/04 4 5 5 My whole immediate family has seen Dr. Sacks and have trusted him for many years. We all totally trust him for any allergy or other ENT concern. He has performed sinus surgery on my dad and he wouldn't go to anyone else. He's a top doctor.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user