Dr. ANTHONY M. SMALDINO

Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. ANTHONY M. SMALDINO has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4944715

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4  Respond
RID: 3589426

29/10/13 2 1 1 1
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "ANTHONY" to "ANTHONY M."
RID: 2894378
03/10/13 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Smalldino by a friend of mine. I had been to another foot doctor numerous times for heel spurs. I had injections, orthotics, medications, and nothing worked. Dr. Smalldino had me diagnosed, fixed and recovered within 3 weeks. I have been dealing with severe foot pain for well over a yr. I drove almost 2 hrs, 4 times total to have my foot fixed and pain free. I would (and have) recommend Dr. Smalldino to anyone with foot pain. Great experience!! THANKS DOC!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2812241
25/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Smaldino is a skilled,gentle and down to earth physician. He is one of the most easy to work with doctors I have ever worked with in my 57 years of life.  Respond
RID: 2705400

10/07/13 1 1 1 1
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2665449
29/05/13 5 3 5 5 I was born with congenital disorder and have had ongoing issues with my feet. Dr. Smaldino has done everything he could think of to help me. I will be forever grateful! There is no permanent fix but we're close enough. The only complaint I would really have is that they triple book and I always have to wait a while even if I arrive a little early.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2614520
11/04/13 5 4 5 5 I had seen Dr. Smaldino for a bunion on my right foot. Surgery was a success I am now scheduling to have bunion on left foot done. Dr. Smaldino was very caring and compassionate, called me the night of my surgery to be sure I was okay. The office staff, also went above and beyond my expectations. Will refer Dr. Smaldino to all of my family and friends.
Insurance: UPMC
RID: 2542942
27/01/13 3 3 1 3 Brusque and arrogant. Was referred from my doctor due to inflammation/soreness in the ball of my foot to Dr. Perschke (good reputation), instead, Dr. Smaldino examined me. He looked at my foot and immediately said, "Oooh, I could do some great surgery on this foot." He then gave me a shot of cortisone in my foot without prior warning. I refused to grimace and looked him in the eye and said, "Was it really necessary to ambush my foot like that?" while the shot worked, the bottom line is: I'll never go back.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2274971
20/06/12 5 1 1 1 He did not take the time that I felt I needed to help me understand my foot surgery. I wasn't sure what I was and still am experiencing is normal. Afterwards he did not explain the healing process and did not completely answer my questions. His visits were short He did not say very much. I felt that he didn't care.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield