Dr. MICHAEL W. LOWHORN

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 3 reviews. Dr. MICHAEL W. LOWHORN has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "MICHAEL" to "MICHAEL W."
RID: 2550601
04/02/13 3 3 1 1 I saw Dr. L twice for foot pain:March ‘12 and mid-Dec ‘12 . I am 56 y/o slender woman who is healthy. At the first appt. Dr.L took an oral history of my foot pain (dorsum surface) and x-rays. He did not touch/ examine my feet. Dx:my feet were fine and to “wear more supportive shoes”. I usually wear New Balance which he said he does not like. I went to Seliga’s: Birks, PJ shoes, and custom orthotics (because my feet really hurt).My feet got worse: pain in my calves. I had to plan my day around my feet. In Dec. ’12 I made a 2nd appt to get a referral for P.T. When Dr.L saw me, he became verbally enraged. He refused to write a PT referral unless I “rested my feet for a month” and then write him a letter. In mid Jan.’13 I started PT at St. Lukes’s. Dx:bilateral muscle imbalance/weakness of the calves, ankles and dorsum+ plantar fascities on the left . Three weeks of PT= my pain is reduced by 85% .I will fully recover.I found out today that a friend had a similar experience with Dr. L
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond
RID: 2396382
08/08/12 5 4 5 5 I had to see the doctor on a very urgent basis as it seemed like some serious issue was beginning to take shape on my toe. His staff was pretty amazing in accomodating my request and Mr.lowhorn was very friendly and attentive, explained to me what was going on and performed the procedure right away without any delay, thank god for it, I could see once the nail was cut my supicion was right, I saw that the infection was just beginning to start. I am very pleased with the experience and highly recommend this doctor.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond
RID: 1315298
15/12/10 4 5 5 5 Best Podiatrist in St. Louis. Great care, will see his patients as needed. I called at noon and have an appointment before 3:00PM.  Respond