Rate Dr. Michael J. Gillman

Dr. Michael J. Gillman's Ratings

I am so surprised at these less than positive ratings for Dr. Gillman. My recent (August and September 2014) office visits were outstanding. The office staff was very nice, I waited about 10 minutes in the waiting room, and about 5 minutes in the exam room. Dr. Gillman took his time explaining my condition to me, answered all of my questions, asked if I had any more questions before he left, and made me feel so secure in his care. I really don't understand these other ratings. I have been to excellent doctors, and I have been to terrible doctors in my life, and I certainly know the difference. Dr. Gillman is up there with the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2525195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

Dr. Gillman, general orthopedic, does not care about patients that present themselves to him, because he only interested in cases he wants to take on. He does not listen to his patients, he thinks he knows each patient better than the patient knows themselves. Well that does not make for a good doctor. He was not interested in my concerns, he just decided it was my fibromyalgia and not the fact that my left foot, ankle and heal are injured and three doctors, two of them being foot and ankle surgeons, have all said that I would need surgery. I believe those doctors over Dr. Gillman. I would not go back to him, even if you pay me. He is one of the worst doctors I have ever gone too. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He received one star from me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

I agree with other patients that he hardly spent 5 minutes with me. Never even took off the brace I had put on in another country where I was injured to check my injury. Started writing prescriptions before I even told him what happened, how I felt. He wasn't listening to me at all. Told me I couldn't afford an MRI. The staff was less than courteous. Examples: "How would I know what your co-pay is!?" "Why would you need a handicap placard? You didn't have surgery!" (The doctor in Canada said I tore my MCL and am wearing a full brace for 6 weeks.) I could hear his convo with another patient as he berated her for mispronouncing his name. Don't think I am going back. VERY poor first impression.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2344930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Dr. Gillman is always in a terrible rush. Literally backing out the door as he speaks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][343591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Gillman reconstructed my right ankle six months ago and is currently treating a fracture on the the left. Dr. Gillman is compassionate, friendly, and a great communicator (he even takes notes for me to take home to further help me understand conditions and procedures). According to my physical therapist, Dr. Gillman did a remarkable job reconstructing my ankle. I feel absolutely confident in his abilities and feel comfortable with him. He personally returns my calls in a prompt manner when I have questions. I highly recommend Dr. Gillman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][343593].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

I've had three surgeries over the last 10 years by Dr Gillman. My shoulder, hip and knee are now great! He is kind, explains things well and listens to concerns that I have had before and after my surgeries. The other impressive thing about the office is how promptly I get taken back from the waiting area and how little time I spend in an examination room before I am seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][343592].votes_count ]]